Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Memories Are a Double-Edged Sword

In Jump City, there is a tower standing on an island where a team of heroes live. These heroes have been found in numerous places and brought together to protect the world.

Chapter 0 - Memories Are a Double-Edged Sword

Chapter 0 - Memories Are a Double-Edged Sword
Some say it is better to have loved and lost, than to have ever loved at all. What a load of crap.

I loved so many, yet, I find myself wishing to have never even cared. All my friends, my family, died before my eyes; it was entirely my fault.

So, now, all I have left of my past is four sarcastic, attitude adjustment needing, girls. They, along with myself, are the soul survivors of the Village Hidden in the Leaves.

Let me explain.

It was in my seventeenth year when disaster hit my village. Orochimaru, one of our biggest enemies, had attacked our village when we least expected it. He had recently possessed the body of my close friend, Sasuke, and was using his powers to end Konoha. Our ninjas acted quickly, defeating the snake's army in a matter of minutes. It was then that Tsunade: our leader, Jiraiya: my godfather, Kakashi: my teacher, Sakura: my close friend, and myself had Orochimaru cornered.

That's when sh*t hit the fan…

The Akatsuki, an organization of power-mad rouge ninjas, decided it was a perfect opportunity to attack and obtain the Kyuubi, which was inside of me.

I watched as a handful of my friends perished to the Akatsuki's powers. Soon it was just Sakura and I against the remaining 5 S-Class criminals. She and I took on the leader, Pein, and fought with much vigor.

However, I made a tiny slip up and he took advantage of it.

I awaited my death as I watched his sword swing towards me; the pain never came. I saw a flash of pink and then I felt something warm splash on my cheek. My eyes widened in horror as my eyes clashed with gentle green orbs.

Sakura had taken the hit.

Pein pulled his sword out of her abdomen, hitting a vital point, and she fell forward into my arms. I felt tears pricking the back of my eyes as I held her tightly, my eyes never leaving hers.

Her eyes were clouded with pain and acceptance, and her breathing was shallow.

"Why?"

I rasped out, earning a sad smile from her. She placed her gloved hand on my cheek and with a deep breath whispered:

"Live."

My eyes widened as her hand fell from my bloodstained cheek and her eyes fluttered closed.

The rouges had taken a step closer towards me. Something inside of me snapped.

If they wanted the Kyuubi, they'll get him. I thought bitterly.

I entered the back of my mind, where my father had sealed the vicious nine-tailed beast. He stared at me with shock as my hand reached for the paper marked "seal." With a flick of the wrist, it was gone.

The Kyuubi no Kitsune was freed.

I awoke a while later, completely alone. My entire village was in ruin; I was the only survivor. Bodies were sprawled out over the village, a constant reminder of my failure to protect those I loved.

Those precious people I held so dear to me were lost forever.

"It is better to have loved and lost than to have ever loved at all."

Yes, they truly are foolish.


"Naruto!" Blue eyes snapped open at the sound of his named being called. He rolled over from his spot on the roof lazily, and glanced around to see who had called him. A teenage girl with long blonde hair was running towards him; a smile on her face. This girl was Minami Kamikaze, his sister.

He stood up and stretched before heading towards her.

"What's up?" He asked casually.

"Naruto, Yuki proposed to me!" She squealed, slightly hurting his ears.

His eyes widened a fraction of an inch, himself suppressing the urge to beat the boy to a pulp. However, he had to be cool and collected; his sister was scary when she was angry.

"Why are you telling me?" He stated, crossing his arms over his head, giving off the "I don't care" illusion.

She let out a "humph" and crossed her arms, her eyes narrowing at the taller blonde.

"You are my brother, you know." She stated coldly, not wanting him to be his usual jokester self; after all, it was a very special day.

"No, really?"

"Shut up and congratulate me before I knock you into next week."

"Congrats!" He laughed nervously and a smile replaced the scowl on her face as she jumped up and down.

"I'm so excited!"

He smiled at her, truly grateful that she found happiness. But, being her only brother, he couldn't show her that soft side of him now could he?

"So, will you two be able to get it on then? Or will he change into a rat once the four play starts?"

And with that, Naruto Uzumaki was thrown into the ocean.

xXxXxXxX3

She thrashed around in her bead, cold sweat coating her pale forehead. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she continue to roll back in forth.

"The dead will live; the living will die."


She stared up at the four red eyes of her father, fear visibly shaking her entire body. She then looked down and saw a small lifeless form right before Trigon stepped out of the darkness, 100% alive.

"No!"

She shot upright in bed, clutching her sheets in her hands. Her eyes were wide and she was breathing heavily. She looked around her room, and sighed in relief when she saw it was all a dream.

Or a premonition.
Shaking the thought out of her head, she laid back down to try and get some more sleep when rapid knocking came from her door.

"Raven? Raven! Are you okay? I heard screaming…" The panicked voice of her boyfriend yelled through her door, she used her powers to open it and she was soon held against his chest.

"Beastboy, I'm okay. It was only a nightmare." She whispered, slightly annoyed that she was comforting him when she herself was the one who needed comforting.

"You sure?" He asked, pulling away slightly to stare into her violet orbs. She got lost in his beautiful green eyes and it took her a minute to get back on track.

"Yes, it was only a dream." She smiled up at him, hoping that her lie was convincing enough for the boy to believe her. He smiled back and embraced her once again.

In the morning she would tell them the truth; better to be safe than sorry.

xXxXxX3

"Kaze no Kizu!"

Inuyasha swung his Tetsusaiga, releasing the Wind Scar, at his opponent. The villain, Control Freak, pointed his remote at the incoming attack and pressed a button. A large purple shield formed around the tub of lard, blocking the attack.

Gritting his teeth, the half-demon cursed.

"InuYasha, you've tried that 12 times now!" His teammate Fade called out to him. "Don't ya think if it didn't work the first 10 times, it wasn't going to work at all! All you're doing is tiring yourself out." She yelled towards her friend, who was obviously panting from exhaustion.

"Shut up and get off my back, wench!"

She shook her head and sighed. He was such an @$$ at times. Closing her eyes she began to concentrate.

"Wind Style: Wind Typhoon Justu!"

She flung her hands in the direction of the fat evil bastard, just as a spiral of air shot out of her hands. Control Freak dodged the attack, barely.

"It almost liked you wanted to hit me!" He taunted the girl, causing her eye to twitch in anger. She swiftly moved her hands in a circular motion, forming a large Tornado, and then thrust her arms towards the laughing moron.

"Take that!" She screamed as the Tornado hit him full force. Everyone shielded his or her eyes from the dust. As it cleared, Control Freak was gone.

"Where did he-"

"My my Fade, so beautiful for one so deadly."

She froze as his breath tickled her neck. Control Freak was right behind her, his body pressed up against her back.

It took everything she had not to hurl.

"Keira!" Sebastian called out, his eyes turning a glowing red and his teeth clenched.

"Ah, ah, ah, Sebastian. One move," He held a gun to her head "and you'll be cleaning up her brain matter all over the park." Sebastian froze in his spot, contemplating whether or not he would be able to make it over there in time before he pulled the trigger.

"God, this is the worst… I must be losing my touch, letting myself be caught by the likes of you." Fade groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose between her thumb and index finger. Mimic giggled.

"Just think, Fade, soon you'll be cowering before Robin!" Mimic and Fade both chuckled at their leaders expense.

"I do not think this is a laughing matter!" Sebastian spat, obviously worried about his girlfriend.

"Indeed… after all, you will be my sex slave, Fade." Control Freak whispered in her ear.

"Oh my god, no way in hell!" She spat out, sick to her stomach. Mimic covered her mouth, her face turning green.

"I think I'm going to be sick."

She stopped when she heard a menacing growl coming from beside her. Sebastian's eyes were glowing a dark purple, and his pupils were in slits. His teeth were transformed into fangs.

"Get your hands off of her… or I will kill you." He spat out in a cold voice. Control Freak stifled a shiver.

"You won't attack me while I have her hostage!" He laughed and pointed at the semi-helpless demon.

"That's right, he wouldn't put me in danger." Fade responded, a smirk on her lips. With a snap of her fingers, she disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

She appeared next to Mimic, who was smirking along with her.

"But seeing as I am no longer in his way, he may do as he pleases."

With a fanged smirk towards the couch potato, he headed towards him.

His face was so pulverized; they couldn't even identify him at the Police Station.

Comments

Comments (21)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

stillbored1234 on August 1, 2012, 5:16:09 PM

stillbored1234 on
stillbored1234My favorite characters are Patzie, Fade, Aiko, Mimic, Robin (when he is being teased), Raven, and lastly Beastboy. That is all. Good bye.

Rangiku on July 27, 2012, 8:25:06 PM

Rangiku on
RangikuI like it u combined inyu with teen titans, naroto, black butler and i cant name the oters

Rangiku on July 27, 2012, 8:23:20 PM

Rangiku on
RangikuI like it u combined inyu with teen titans, naroto, black butler and i cant name the oters

stillbored1234 on July 27, 2012, 4:50:36 PM

stillbored1234 on
stillbored1234Why didn't you have Patzie beat up Ledouche yet?!?!

KeiraChan1994 on July 27, 2012, 4:52:00 PM

KeiraChan1994 on
KeiraChan1994Because you're crazy and you need to get some sleep.

stillbored1234 on July 27, 2012, 4:53:13 PM

stillbored1234 on
stillbored1234I'm not crazy.

shinokyofu on July 21, 2012, 6:19:18 PM

shinokyofu on
shinokyofuI'm loving almost all of it so far. I'll admit I'm not much of an Avatar person, but I'm interested to see where this story will go next, especially with Lulu/Fade/Sebastian... (well, I know how it will end up, cause I know you, but I'm interested to see how it will get there!!!)

KeiraChan1994 on July 21, 2012, 6:21:29 PM

KeiraChan1994 on
KeiraChan1994...not an Avatar...
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?
I disown you.

shinokyofu on July 28, 2012, 4:22:21 PM

shinokyofu on
shinokyofuBut... But... SADFACE D:

KeiraChan1994 on July 28, 2012, 4:46:25 PM

KeiraChan1994 on
KeiraChan1994Avatar: The Last Airbender is like... like...
MY EVERYTHING.

shinokyofu on July 28, 2012, 5:15:04 PM

shinokyofu on
shinokyofu>_> It didnt catch my interest when I first watched it, but Ill watch it again if its that important... when I actually can get on the freakin Netflix...

KeiraChan1994 on July 31, 2012, 2:39:20 PM

KeiraChan1994 on
KeiraChan1994It is beautiful.
I cry every time.

stillbored1234 on July 10, 2012, 3:51:08 PM

stillbored1234 on
stillbored1234I of course love this story, and it isn't just because I am an awesome earthbender. XD

KeiraChan1994 on July 10, 2012, 3:52:52 PM

KeiraChan1994 on
KeiraChan1994Yeshhh.

JagmouthUnderworld on July 10, 2012, 2:38:56 PM

JagmouthUnderworld on
Comment Deleted

KeiraChan1994 on July 10, 2012, 3:15:34 PM

KeiraChan1994 on
KeiraChan1994What do you mean?

nextguardian on July 10, 2012, 2:25:02 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianWow, very powerful intro! Very vivid. Great so far!

KeiraChan1994 on July 9, 2012, 12:11:11 PM

KeiraChan1994 on
KeiraChan1994
We've reached 30 chapters~
Oh, Sebastian.
I still love you.
This love issue is for the plot only.
I LOVE YOU MORE THAN LIFE.