Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - A Date With The Great Lord Usami

In Jump City, there is a tower standing on an island where a team of heroes live. These heroes have been found in numerous places and brought together to protect the world.

Chapter 4 - A Date With The Great Lord Usami

Chapter 4 - A Date With The Great Lord Usami
Usami Akihiko was once again avoiding his editor. His manuscript was supposed to be about a normal, non-homo, date between two teenagers. Him, being extremely gay and having never gone out with a girl, was completely lost on how to write such a story. He would feel much better if he had to do another BL story.

He was pacing back and forth in the hallway outside of his room, his violet eyes intent on the ground as he thought of different ways to fake his death or put off the manuscript until he had the proper knowledge to write it. Grimacing, he thought of Aikawa's expression when she realized he hasn't even started to write it yet.

There would be no need to fake his death then; she would make it a reality.

"Mr. Usami?" He blinked, being brought out of his fearful thoughts. Ciel was staring at him with an inquisitive look, his eyebrow raised in confusion.

"Why are you pacing back and forth?"

Akihiko sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"I am having trouble writing a novel…"

Ciel's eyes seemed to soften and he smiled with excitement. Sadly, this boy did not know what kind of man the Great Lord Usami truly was when it came to writing, seeing how Ciel had only read his non BL books; the fact that Ciel was a young boy added to the dangerous mixture. But, Usami was Ciel's favorite author, so he leapt at the chance to try and help him.

"Is there any way I could help?"

Akihiko's eyes widened and he looked down at Ciel. Sure, The Great Lord had no knowledge of a normal date, but perhaps this boy did.

"Have you ever been on a normal date?"

Ciel was taken aback by the direct question, and his cheeks burned crimson for he, Ciel Phantomhive, hadn't even gotten his first kiss. A dark shadow loomed over the boy as he stared at the ground, his eyes hidden beneath his bangs. Akihiko sighed and mimicked the boy's stance.

"So, we're in the same boat, huh?" Akihiko asked as both men stood there awkwardly.

"What are you two doing?" Fade asked while Mimic waved her hand in front of Ciel's face.

"Usagi-San… you didn't scar this poor boy, did you?" Mimic questioned at Ciel's unusual behavior, not knowing his pride was seriously wounded.

"No… he was trying to help me with a problem… but sadly, we both come from the same place of issues." Akihiko sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. Fade and Mimic's eyebrows rose in questioning.

"You both are perverted children?"

Ciel's head snapped up, his cheeks burning once more, and his eyes wide as he shouted:

"I AM NO PERVERT!"

While Akihiko nodded calmly.

"Anyway, what problem do you need help with, Usagi-San?" Fade asked while watching Mimic tease Ciel about being a "Homo Fanatic".

"Aikawa wants me to write a novel about a normal couple going on a normal date…"

"So?"

"I've never been on a normal date."

Fade was taken aback from that statement.

"You? Usami Akihiko? You have never been on a date?"

Akihiko glared and sighed.

"Stupid. Of course I have… but only with men. That by itself isn't defined as normal. But what I do and where I go on dates also isn't your typical dating ritual." He said blankly and Fade looked at him with confusion.

"What kind of dates do you go on, Usagi-San?"

Mimic perked up at this and smiled.

"Let me guess, an expensive limo ride to an expensive five-star restaurant, followed by a carriage ride through the park, and then ending with your own personal firework show?" Mimic laughed at her jokes towards Usami and his wealth when Akihiko nodded solemnly.

"Which is why I need a normal person's advice."

Mimic froze and stared at his with wide eyes.

"Seriously?"

Ciel looked at her with confusion.

"Why are you so surprised? That's a typical date back at my home."

"BUT YOU'RE RICH!" Mimic accused while dramatically pointing at the young boy.

"Well… I'd help you, but I've never been on a real date before."

Fade said with a sigh. Since she and Sebastian were technically having an illegal relationship, they had to limit themselves to acting like a couple only in the Tower. Which as you can imagine, isn't a very romantic setting in itself.

Mimic yawned and stretched her arms out in front of her.

"I'm going on a date later today."

"Iggy's in town?"

"Yep, and he's staying."

Fade nodded and then gasped. She smiled over at Mimic who became slightly terrified at the evil smirk.

"W-what?"

Fade patted her friends shoulder and then placed her hand on Akihiko`s.

"Usagi-San can follow you on your date with Iggy and gather research for his novel!"

Mimic froze and Akihiko smiled.

"That's a great idea!"

Akihiko and Fade discussed the arrangements while a mortified Mimic fell to the floor.

xXxXxXxX

Mimic and Iggy sat awkwardly at a local restaurant, both sweating under the gaze of Usami Akihiko. Iggy, although being blind, felt the intensity of the novelist stares piercing through him. It was rather creepy.

Akihiko glanced between the two silent teens and sighed.

"Is it normal for common folk to not engage in a conversation?" He asked bluntly and Mimic's eye twitched.

"WHO'RE YOU CALLING 'COMMON FOLK'?"

Before Mimic was able to throttle said author, the waiter approached their table wearing a delectable pair of dirty jeans and a baseball tee. The waiter was rather frightened when Akihiko gave him the stare down instead of the two, now relieved, teens.

"U-Um… welcome to Fulgers Fries and Burgers… may I take your order?"

Akihiko continued to stare at the young, confused, boy. Finally, the cold stare made the lad snap.

"Okay, what is he staring-"

"That has got to be the most un-classy waiter I've ever seen…"

Akihiko returns his gaze to the now embarrassed teens.

"How could you two even call this a 'decent' date? My first date was on a yacht sailing in the English bay where we were served fresh lobster…"

The waiter's eye twitched in anger, seeing how he was the son of the man who created this family restaurant; its no surprise he was extremely insulted.

Mimic blushed and whacked Akihiko on the head while Iggy murmured apologies to the ticked off waiter and gave him their order.

Once the waiter left Mimic turned her fiery gaze to the confused, and bruised, author.

"Idiot! You're acting like a child! This place is a standard hangout for teenagers, who are not loaded, to hang out!"

Iggy nodded and silently sipped his drink.

"Not to mention you just pissed off the son of the manager… Needless to say, we'll be lucky if our food isn't mixed with rat poison."

Mimic stared at her boyfriend with a disgusted and serious gaze.

"Don't even joke about that."

She turned back to Akihiko, who didn't look fazed by the past events at all.

"And you! You're supposed to be observing us! Not putting your two-cents in every second!"

"Correction. I'm researching."

"Research in silence."

"Where's the fun in that?"

Mimic groaned and slammed her head on the table.

Akihiko took out a pad of paper and began writing with a dull expression on his face.

"Acts of self-inflected violence…"

"DON'T WRITE THAT DOWN!"

"Like you said, I'm observing."

"HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO OBSERVE MY FIST IN YOUR FACE?"

"I'll pass."

"ARGH! YOU AGGRAVATE ME!"

"…Akihiko, perhaps you shouldn't tease her."

Akihiko nods.

"She does have a rather short fuse."

"THAT'S IT! YOU'RE DEAD RABBIT!"

Later that day…

Akihiko, Iggy, and a worn-out Mimic walked into the main room where they were greeted by an optimistic Fade.

"Welcome back! How was everything?"

Akihiko smiled and made his way to get his coffee.

"It was rather splendid, I believe I've gotten everything I need to write the manuscript."

Fade smiled and patted his shoulder.

"Good work! How about you, Mimz-" She was stopped dead by a pair of blood-shot eyes glaring daggers at her. She sweat dropped and moved to hide behind Akihiko, who was sipping his coffee as if nothing had happened.

Mimic let out a low growl as she glanced at the novelist before storming out of the room, an aura of death and destruction floating around her.

Fade's fearful eyes glanced at Akihiko and then to Iggy and then to Akihiko.

"Do… Do I even want to know?"

Akihiko smiled innocently.

"She and I just had a little bonding time."

'Somehow… I have a feeling said "bonding time" was more like a two-hour torture fest… Mimic's gonna kill me for sure.'

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on July 12, 2012, 1:49:42 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardian"Common Folk" lol! There's some nice, catchy lines here.