Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Jewel Lies Within!

In Jump City, there is a tower standing on an island where a team of heroes live. These heroes have been found in numerous places and brought together to protect the world.

Chapter 5 - The Jewel Lies Within!

Chapter 5 - The Jewel Lies Within!
Blood red eyes stare into an image of a certain violet-haired titan, who was currently in a state of meditation. The figure smirks before looking away. The image was inside a mirror that was being held by a young girl, clad in a white kimono. Her black eyes were cold and lifeless.

"Kanna." The man called, his voice sending a chill through the air.

"Send our new friends out to capture our first target."

The girl, Kanna, said nothing but slowly faded into the darkness.

"Soon I shall have the entire Shikon Jewel…"

His evil laughter filled the darkened room.

xXxXxXxX

It's been about a week since I had that strange nightmare yet, the scene replays in my mind over and over. Robin believes it to be just a dream, but Fade thinks I'm having another premonition. Either way, I can't stop thinking about it.

"Miss Raven!"

Violet eyes snapped open at the call of her name. The voice was foreign, yet familiar to her. She looked all around her but no one else was on the roof but her. Grimacing, she began to rub her temples.

"First disturbing visions and now I'm hearing things? Have I finally lost it?"

"Miss Raven! Down here!"

The voice of a man called out to her again, this time she immediately looked down and gasped. A man wearing an old-fashioned monks kimono and a woman wearing a pink and green kimono waved up to her from the edge of the island. How they got there… she didn't know.

Until a certain two-tailed cat came into view.

Oh yeah… that cat can fly.

She quickly glided down to the two and smiled kindly at them.

"Miroku, Sango… it's been a while. I was rather disappointed when I didn't see you two come with InuYasha and Kagome."

Miroku beamed at the titan before taking her pale hand in his.

"Did you miss me, Miss Raven? For I have missed you and your dark beauty-"

He was silenced with a blow to the head.

Sango crossed her arms as the monk began fiercely rubbing his aching scalp.

Raven rolled her eyes, but her smile never left her face.

"Sorry, Miroku. I'm kind of seeing somebody."

This brought a shocked expression on both monk and taiga.

"Miroku? Sango? You're here!" A high-pitched voice came from the doorway of the tower right before Kagome came running out and tackling her old friends.

"Lady Kagome, it's been so long!"

"I've missed you, Kagome."

While the three hugged for what seemed like hours, a certain silver-haired half-demon watched in annoyance from the doorframe.

"Keh. What took you so long to come?"

"Nice to see you too, Inuyasha." Came the joined response from the two.

"Well, well, well… look what we have here."

Sango and Miroku's eyes widened at the familiar voice coming from behind them. They quickly turned and gazed at a smiling masked Naruto perched up on a tree branch.

"Naruto!" They both exclaimed at the blonde ninja. He waved at them and gave a brief:

"Yo."

Raven looked at them in confusion. For Naruto had first joined the Titans long before the Inu group did. Naruto and his friends had left a few weeks before Raven and Fade were sent with a team to fetch Inuyasha and the gang. So, how would they know each other? Especially since in order to get to Naruto's world, you need to be able to create a certain portal, and in order to get to Inuyasha's world, you must travel 500 years into the past.

"How do you all know each other?"

Naruto smiled, his eyes turning into upside down 'U's.

It was rather creepy.

"We go way back… I helped them defeat Naraku after my village was destroyed." He stared at Ravens even more confused face with that same creepy stare. "It's a long story."

"A very long story." Kagome sighed.

Miroku and Sango exchanged glances before breaking the warm-loving reunion.

"Naraku isn't dead."

That got everyone's attention.

"Say what?" Came Inuyasha's obvious question. His ears were perked up, his eyes were bright with rage, and his fists were clutched tight. Kagome let out a small gasp as horror dawned on her pale face. Raven gasped as well, knowing full well that Naraku was half as powerful as her father and twice as evil. Well, maybe not twice.

And Naruto…he faked a shocked expression just so he wouldn't be left out.

"While we were patrolling around Kaede's Village, we came across Kagura. She had ran out to search for us because of her connection with Naraku, she could feel a small part of his energy lurking around the northern border. She had gone to investigate on her own and was attacked by Naraku himself. She barely escaped with her life as she watched Naraku flee towards the western lands."

"So, we came here to warn you… just incase he found a way to get here."

Naruto gave them a questionable glance.

"How exactly did you two get here?"

"Lady Midoriko."

Naruto's eyes widened, he having thought the priestess's soul to be freed once Kagome made her wish upon the Jewel.

"But… the Jewel was destroyed when Kagome made the wish to resurrect Konoha."

"We thought so too but it was all a trick Naraku didn't really die… and as for the Jewel… it was returned back to where it was hidden 50 years ago."

Inuyasha gasped and his eyes widened.

"Kikyo?"

Naruto narrowed his eyes. Inuyasha did not know it, but Naruto had killed Kikyo after having Inuyasha choose between Kagome and Kikyo. Her body crumbled into ash and blew away with the wind. The jewel could have not gone back to her… so that would leave…

His eyes widened.

"It's inside Lady Kagome."

Five pairs of eyes stared at Kagome, who was frozen in shock, as her hand slowly moved to rest on her right side where a thick scar remained from when the Jewel had been ripped out of her so long ago.

"But that would mean…" Inuyasha whispered, his fearful eyes never leaving Kagome's form.

Naruto gritted his teeth.

"Naraku is coming after Kagome."

xXxXxXx

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on July 12, 2012, 1:54:26 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianImpressive that you worked Inuyashi in, too. Very smooth transition. Loving this story so far!