Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - The Betrayer and the Betrayed

In Jump City, there is a tower standing on an island where a team of heroes live. These heroes have been found in numerous places and brought together to protect the world.

Chapter 8 - The Betrayer and the Betrayed

Chapter 8 - The Betrayer and the Betrayed
It was a peaceful day so the Titans decided to take some time off from training and go relax at the park. While they basked in the sunlight everyone forgot all of their worries; except for one.

"I can't help but notice you're upset." Sebastian's soothing voice startled the young girl, who had been staring off into space, worry glistening in her large brown eyes.

She looks up at the black butler and a small smile forms on her lips.

"I'm okay."

His ruby eyes darken slightly as he stares down at her.

"Do not lie to me, Keira."

"…"

"…Keira…" He cautioned, letting her know he was not going to tolerate her keeping her emotions bottled up. She sighed.

"Fine. I just feel like we shouldn't be sitting around eating bon bons while Naraku pursues Kagome." She said, pouting, as she crossed her arms over her chest. The older man smiled down at his teenage lover before patting her head gently and let out a soft chuckle.

"Technically, we're eating barbeque." He smirked as her eye twitched with annoyance. His expression became serious once more as his eyes drifted away from Fade and lingered on Kagome, who was currently playing volleyball with the other members of Team Alpha.

"However, it would be in our best interest to keep our guard up."

She nodded and then gasped as she felt his fingers intertwine with hers.

"What are you doing? We're in public!" She whispered harshly, her cheeks burning crimson. He chuckled and gently squeezed her hand. He leaned forward and whispered in her ear seductively.

"It's okay… no one is looking."

"I am." Fade's eyes widened as the masked visage of Uzumaki Naruto appeared before him, his eyes in upside down 'U's and wearing that creepy, pedophiliac smile he has.

"Shut up, Naruto." Fade spat out, obviously embarrassed at being caught.

"Ha ha… you two better be careful. Remember where we are…" He mused while waving his finger at Fade as if he was scolding a young child. She smacked his hand away.

"Why don't you go and get a girl so you can leave me the hell alone?"

Naruto chuckled.

"I'll have you know that I do have a girlfriend."

Fade's eyes widened and her jaw went slack.

"What-"

Suddenly, a large boulder came from above and smashed into the ground they had been standing on. Before the boulder hit, Sebastian had quickly grabbed Fade around her waist and jumped out of the way as Naruto did the same. Sebastian set Fade down and quickly checked her over with his eyes, making sure she was unharmed. Fade scowled and turned to Mimic, pointing at the stunned girl with an accusing look.

"Mimic, that could of seriously hurt us! I know you don't like PDA but he was only holding my hand!" Fade yelled, her cheeks turning pink. Mimic stared at her with an innocent expression and held her hands out in defense.

"It wasn't me."

Fade blinked and slowly turned towards the boulder.

"Then who-"

A loud rumble cut her off as the ground began to split in two. A large platform rose from beneath the cracked surface, revealing a tall figure standing on top of it.

Beastboy's eyes widened as Fade's narrowed.

A girl with long blonde hair stared at them with a smirk on her lips. She wore silver armor that held the insignia belonging to Slade on her chest. Her blue eyes glared at the Titans with deep hatred.

"Terra." Fade spat out.

"It's been a long time, guys." She sneered and then looked over at the new members.

"I see you've gotten some fresh bait." She smirked, causing Misaki to shiver slightly.

"What do you want, Terra?" Robin asked, his voice filled with hatred towards their former Titan, their former friend.

She snickered and cocked her head to the side.

"Other than to have your blood splattered over every inch of the ground I walk on?"

Beastboy's eyes saddened at the tone of her voice, knowing he was one of the main reasons she had become like this.

"I'm here for the priestess, well, actually for the Sacred Jewel." She smirked towards Kagome who stifled a gasp. Inuyasha sneered and quickly pulled Kagome behind him as he unsheathed Tetsusaiga.

"As if I'd let you get anywhere near her." He spat out, his eyes narrowing at the blonde.

Her eyes narrowed in amusement.

"As if you could stop me."

There was a low rumble and then nearly a million clay soldiers formed from the ground. Terra's hands began to glow yellow as the soldiers started to charge at the Titans.

Sneering, Fade leapt over the soldiers and made her way to Terra, determined to kill her. Terra saw a black blur in the corner of her eye and turned quickly just in time to see Fade flying at her, her fist pulled back and ready to punch the shoot out of her. Smirking, Terra quickly formed a rock wall just as Fade was inches from her. Fade's fist, infused with enough chakra to make 2 rasengans, smashed into the wall and shattered it completely. Terra's eyes widened slightly at the sight of how much power the girl before her held.

However, it had been a few years since they last met… and there's no question that she had trained hard. Terra's eyes narrowed and she smirked as her eyes glowed yellow.

But, Terra had been training too.

And she was not going to lose.

"Hyah!" The blonde screamed as the boulder she had been standing on burst into millions of sharp spears and launched themselves at Fade, who was still in the air. The brunette's eyes widened at the sight of the attack heading her way. Right before the attack hit, she disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Terra narrowed her eyes.

'I forgot she could teleport… no matter, I know how to handle that.' She smirked and started looking around for the girl.

Meanwhile, the other Titans were busy fighting the clay warriors.

Mimic leapt into the air, escaping from the circle of warriors that had surrounded her. She smiled and quickly pulled out a kunai with a piece of paper attached. With a flick of the wrist, the kunai was sent flying down to the moving piles of rubbish. It struck one of them in the head and then the paper exploded, taking a handful of them with it.

She landed gracefully on the ground and dusted off her hands.

"Mimic!" She heard Ciel yell and she turned just in time to see a clay warrior about to cut her in half. Dodging it quickly, she landed an uppercut to the monster, snapping it's head right off of it. The warrior paused and then crumbled away. She let out a relieved breath and turned back to Ciel.

"Thanks, Ciel." Her eyes widened as three clay warriors came up behind the small boy.

"Ciel, behind you!" She yelled and began running towards him. Ciel looked behind him and narrowed his eyes. In a swift motion, he did a roundhouse kick, hitting all three of the warriors. They broke in half and crumbled away.

Mimic froze in her spot.

'When did he learn to do that…?'

Ciel smiled at her stunned expression.

"Naruto's boot camp." Was his simple reply before running off to assist the others.

Mimic beamed.

"I guess all that torture really does pay off."

"Wind Style: Dance of Blades!" Fade called out while throwing chakra-covered shurikens towards Terra. The shurikens spun around the girl in a circle, slashing and tearing skin and tendons. Terra winced as her anger flared. She shot out her hands to the side, creating a barrier of earth, protecting her.

Her eyes began to glow as she shattered the shield and sent the fragments flying at Fade. Fade smirked.

'That again?' She began to teleport but gasped as she felt something pinning her down to that spot. She looked down and saw her shadow being stretched out and connecting with Terra's shadow. Fade's eyes widened in realization.

"Shadow Possession Jutsu!" Terra exclaimed, enjoying the look of shock on the girls face. Fade closed her eyes and waited for the pain. Nothing happened.

She slowly opened one eye and gasped.

Sebastian was standing in front of her, bleeding profusely. His outfit was in shreds and rock fragments stuck out from numerous parts on his body. His usual red eyes were now a frightening purple and his pupils narrowed into slits.

"Se..Sebastian…why did you…" Fade whispered, praying he wouldn't collapse.

He looked behind him and smiled.

"I'm immortal… you are not." He stated simply and returned his gaze to the other girl, who was frozen in shock.

"Who… who are you?" She whispered, her eyes rather terrified. She didn't know this Titan… however, the aura radiating off of him sent fear shivering down her spine. He smiled masochistically.

"I am merely… a butler." He said as his glare intensified. Terra's left arm jerked back suddenly and twisted in a loop, much like a pretzel. She screamed in pain as the jutsu she had cast was released. She clutched her twisted, broken, arm; tears in her eyes as the pain made her continue to cry out in agony. The remaining clay soldiers crumbled away into nothing and the shocked eyes of the other Titans found their way to Terra's disfigured arm and Sebastian's murderous gaze. He made his way towards the girl in order to deliver the final blow, however, he was stopped when a flash of yellow caught his eye.

Crystal had jumped in front of him, protecting Terra, her icy blue orbs glaring at the butler with the intent to kill.

"Water style: Blood Prison Jutsu." She whispered and immediately, Sebastian froze. Her eyes glared at the man and with a flick of her wrist Sebastian broke his own arm. His face winced with pain as he felt his bone shatter. Crystal held out a finger and pointed it at his neck just as Sebastian's hand grabbed his own neck firmly. He stifled a gasp as he realized she was controlling him. He coughed slightly as his grip tightened. Crystal made a squeezing motion with her fist, intensifying the grip around his neck. Fade's eyes watered and stared in horror.

"Stop it, Crystal!" She yelled, her eyes pleading as she ran towards her friend and grasped her arm tightly. Crystal's eyes snapped towards Fade, glaring at her with emotionless eyes. Crystal blinked, releasing the jutsu, and Sebastian fell to his knees in pain. Fade was suddenly thrown back and crashed into Mimic and Flame, who were too shocked to catch her in time. Team Alpha stared at their teammate from their fallen position, each of their eyes shining with disbelief.

"Minami…" Naruto whispered, his blue eyes wide with shock and pain. She glared at him, pure hatred in her eyes, before she and Terra disappeared in a swirl of leaves.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on July 15, 2012, 5:12:36 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianWhoa! Didn't see that coming! I could never bring myself to completely hate Terra. I'm not sure what is so endearing about her, but...

Anyway, great chapter! Love the ending especially.