Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Goodbyes

In Jump City, there is a tower standing on an island where a team of heroes live. These heroes have been found in numerous places and brought together to protect the world.

Chapter 11 - Goodbyes

Chapter 11 - Goodbyes
A demoness with long fiery red hair sat on a tree branch that overlooked an empty village. Sighing to herself she began humming a soft lullaby to pass the time. She was supposed to guard the village, but lets face it: No one would dare come near knowing that this was the Great Lord Sesshomaru's land. Pouting she crossed her arms over her chest and huffed.

'That pup takes the fun out of everything.' She thought bitterly and then blinked when a white light flashed in the corner of her eye. Raising her eyebrow in suspicion, she leapt over to another tree branch, a little closer to where the light came from.

Her ruby eyes widened in shock as she saw millions of people lying on the dirt ground of the village which had been deserted. She quickly leapt towards the ground, landing with a silent thud. She made her way to the large doors reading 'An'. Her face paled some as she got a better look at the bodies sprawled out on the village square.

She felt a wide smile adorn her features.

'Wait till Naruto sees this.' She thought happily and made her way to assist the villagers.

xXxXxXx

Robin, Fade, Naruto, and Ciel sat at a large circular table in a large dark room. Behind Robin was a large TV screen that showed an image of Terra and Crystal.

"We need to discuss what we are going to do about Terra and Crystal." Robin said while glancing at Fade from the corner of his eye. She was sitting up straight, her form somewhat on edge; More than likely trying not to break down.

"Why not break into teams and send someone out to look for them… before they come after us again?" Ciel suggested, also glancing at Fade with a hint of worry in his one visible eye. Even Naruto stared at his comrade with sympathy.

Robin nodded over at Ciel.

"That's a good idea."

"I think we should send our strongest Titans after them… Terra is a piece of cake, but my sister… she's got the blood of the Fourth Hokage running through her veins." Naruto suggested, still watching for any reaction coming towards Fade.

Fade slammed her fist on the table.

"Would you all stop staring at me? I'm fine, dammit!" She yelled, her eyes flashing white for a brief second. The boys sweat dropped, embarrassed at being caught staring.

"Anyhow…" She started, her eyes clouding over with sorrow just for a brief moment. "If we're going to fight them… we're going to have to fight to kill." She whispered, alerting the others, especially Naruto.

Ciel and Robin processed the statement while Naruto stared at Fade, his eyes wide.

She looked over at him and gave him a brief look of sympathy before hardening her gaze and giving him the 'we have to' nod. His eyes glistened with pain as he nodded back.

"Alright then. Terra and Crystal must be dealt with… permanently. Fade and Ciel, organize the team that shall pursue them." Robin ordered before dismissing the meeting. Fade stood up with a grim expression before her and Ciel left to go make the arrangements. Robin looked over at Naruto, who seemed to be lost in his own thoughts.

"Naruto."

The blonde blinked and looked over at the spiky haired boy.

"Yes?"

Robin stared at him in silence before softening his gaze.

"I'm sorry about this."

Naruto held back a sadistic chuckle as he slowly rose from his chair and made his way to the door, a grim smirk on his face.

"Aren't we all?" He murmured before walking out the door, leaving a worried Robin behind.

xXxXxXx

Fade sternly glanced over the five determined faces standing before her. Raven, whose hood was up, watched her friend's eyes flicker from sorrow to anger as she studied the team she now led. Raven let out a small sigh and then glanced over to the other members of this "special squad".

Flame and Mimic shared a fierce look of anger, as well as some sorrow, as they geared up for the journey. Naruto stood with his arms behind his head, giving off an aura of laziness. His eyes, however, gleamed with determination. As for Inuyasha, he was just excited to fight something.

With a final look over, Fade signaled them to head to the edge of the island to say their goodbyes. Raven grimaced.

She knew just as well as the others that they might not return from this mission.

But, wasn't that what being a Titan was all about?

As they made their way to the edge of their island the rest of the Titans met them. Beastboy and Raven hugged, his arms locked in a secure grip around the empath's back. Flame and Naruto stood awkwardly by as Mimic and Iggy shared a gentle embrace, followed by Mimics blushing as Iggy bent down to kiss her gingerly on the lips.

Kagome and Inuyasha embraced warmly, tears brimming the young girls eyes as she said her goodbyes.

Sebastian tapped Fade on the shoulder, causing her to jump slightly, and quickly pulled her into a tight embrace.

"Why didn't you assign me to go?" He asked harshly, his eyes glowing purple as he tried to control his urge to make her stay. "I need to protect you." He murmured against her hair, his lips then pressing against the top of her head lovingly. Fade blushed and slowly returning the hug.

"Because… Kagome is still a target for Naraku... And we both know you are more than able to fight him off one-on-one… I need you to stay here and protect her and Ciel." She responded, pulling back slightly to smile at him. "Besides, I can take care of myself." She beamed up at him, her smile shocking him somewhat, and kissed his cheek gently.

He regained his composure and cupped her face in his gloved hands.

"You better come back to me." He ordered and gently kissed her lips, causing the teenager to blush and gasp slightly at their first kiss.

He pulled away and chuckled at her flushed expression.

"R-right… I promise I'll come back." She whispered before stepping away from the demon, and joined her group. She looked over at Raven who nodded and then chanted her famous mantra before they were enveloped in a purple aura and flew off in the form of a raven.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on July 20, 2012, 9:33:17 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianAw, this is really sweet! Love that ending, big time!