Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 23 - New Teams!

In Jump City, there is a tower standing on an island where a team of heroes live. These heroes have been found in numerous places and brought together to protect the world.

Chapter 23 - New Teams!

Chapter 23 - New Teams!
After Patzie appeared, Trigon had summoned Crystal back to their lair. After a few minutes of bone-crushing hugs, Team Alpha finally got over their shock of Patzie's return. A day later, Lelouch and C2 returned from Japan, having finished their mission of escorting Sango and Miroku back home. However, they had brought back three individuals: Shippo, Kohaku, and Kirara. Kohaku explained that he was going to be Sango's replacement sense Sango couldn't be a Titan anymore because she had three kids to raise. He also said that it was his way of making up for his sins and bringing honor to the Demon Slayer Village. Shippo said that he would replace Miroku, and said that it was boring sitting around and helping Kaede. As for Kirara, Sango had given her to Kohaku (in order for Kohaku to have some form of protection) so Kirara followed her new master everywhere.

Seeing how the team has expanded, Robin decided to create smaller teams, or groups. This way, all 26 of them wouldn't have to go into battle. Not to mention if they needed to bring a certain bad guy down, he could send out the team with the appropriate skills to do so. There was also the ability for each titan to train with their team and enhance their abilities. Because let's be honest with ourselves. There are still a few whose abilities are lacking in power. So, he created teams and posted the list on a wall in the main room, where it was discovered the next morning…

xXxXxXx


NEW GROUPS

GROUP ONE:

STARFIRE ZAUHL
C2
KAGOME HIGURASHI
SHIPPO
PLUTO
NATSUMI AMINO (MIMIC)
RIN OKUMURA

GROUP TWO:
SEBASTIAN MICHAELIS
YUKIO OKUMURA
LELOUCH LAMPEROUGE
YUME HATAKE (FADE)
AYUMI SARUTOBI (FLAME)
FINNIAN
MEI RIN

GROUP THREE:
ROBIN GRAYSON
CYBORG STONE
INUYASHA
ZERO KIRYUU
RAVEN ROTH
CIEL PHANTOMHIVE
BARDROY

GROUP FOUR:
KOHAKU
AKIHIKO USAMI
BEASTBOY LOGAN
MISAKI TAKAHASHI
RYOKO ICHIKO
PATZIE HYUUGA
NARUTO UZUMAKI

The names in bold are the squad leaders whom you will meet later today.
-Robin G.


"Four groups of seven, huh?" Ciel murmured, his eye scanning down the list of names that belonged to his new "teammates". He sighed, realizing that sense Sebastian was not on his team he would have to defend himself.

"Good morning, Ciel." Kagome greeted sweetly, walking up behind him and bending slightly to read the list. Her eyebrows furrowed and her lips pursed in confusion as she stared at two of the names on her team.

"Pluto? Rin?" She asked aloud. She did not know them. Ciel blinked and glanced at the list.

Ah, Pluto and that kid are on her team… He thought with no emotion.

"Pluto is a servant of mine. He's a dog demon. Rin just arrived. From what Sebastian had said, he's the son of Satan." Ciel explained. Kagome blinked.

"Two demons, huh?" She whispered; a small smile was on her lips as she continued to skim the list. Ciel stared at her face, trying to read her.

"Aren't you scared?" He asked.

"Of course not." She replied with no hesitation. "Demons are people too." She replied cheerfully, shocking the young earl. He never thought of it like that.

Just then, Inuyasha had approached and began reading the list.

He snickered as he read who was all in group two.

"Fade's sure gonna hate this." He joked and pointed at the two names listed before hers.

Ciel sighed.

"Sebastian's not going to like this either."

"What won't I like, young master?" Sebastian's voice came from behind them; causing all three to jump with fright. No one needed to answer the butler, for he quickly scanned the paper in front of him. His demonic aura intensified as he walked away in silence.

Ciel, Inuyasha, and Kagome all exchanged glances.

It was going to be an interesting day indeed.

xXxXxXx

Yukio sat in his room, his faithful weapon in his hands. He wasn't sure about joining this team, but, it would probably be good for his brother to train with another demon. He cringed.

Flashback:

Sebastian smiled coyly at Yukio, who was tense and prepared to engage in a fight if the high-class demon before him tried anything. Seeing as Sebastian had asked him to meet him late at night and away from other people, he was sure the demon was going to try and kill him.

"You can relax, young master." Sebastian said smoothly, his eyes sparkling with amusement as Yukio tensed at being called such.

"What did you call me?" He asked while glaring at the older man. Sebastian chuckled.

"'Young Master'. You are, after all, the son of my so-called master, are you not?" Sebastian mused, his blood red eyes glowing slightly.

"I am human."

"You are lying."

Yukio's eyes widened and a sort of cold sweat began to break out on his forehead. Sebastian sighed and put on a fake look of sorrow.

"How.. do you know?" Yukio whispered. He had tried his hardest to hide it, hasn't he? He clenched his fist.

"How did you know! My own brother doesn't even know!" Yukio shouted, anger and disbelief clouding his teal eyes.

"Well, you're brother is a bit on the unintelligent side. It's clear as day that your demon powers, which have always been there, are starting to awaken; starting to become stronger. He chuckled.

"I wonder if your 'blue flames' will also manifest? If so, I would love to see that." Yukio scowled. "Oh yes. As to why I asked you here, I would like to ask if I may tutor your brother." Sebastian asked, his expression that of amusement. Yukio was taken aback slightly.

"Train him? Why?" Yukio questioned. He couldn't see what this demon would gain from helping his brother.

"Honestly, I just think he gives demons like me a pathetic name. Especially seeing as he is the spawn of Satan. Also…" His gaze seemed to intensify as he stared at Yukio. "Isn't it his dream to defeat Satan? In the state he is in now, I do believe he will perish. With my help, he would have more of a chance." Sebastian explained.

"Why would it matter to you?" Yukio snarled, seeing as his demon side was coming out, it was hard for him to control his anger nowadays…

"Why? Good question…" Sebastian drawled out, his eyes glistening with amusement. "It is actually my young master who wishes me to tutor him. He hasn't even seen your brother fight, but he can already tell how weak he is. Ha ha… my master is truly a smart boy." Sebastian teased at Rin's expense, but nonetheless, he was right.

Yukio paused. He was thinking it over.

My brother is lacking in strategy and physical combat… and this demon has been alive for quite some time. It's obvious that he knows more than my brother or me. If my brother was able to learn how to use his powers to its full content and not be overwhelmed by them, perhaps… perhaps…


He can defeat Satan.

"I know what happens when a human makes a deal with a demon, but I would like to make a deal with you." Yukio stated, his expression returning to it's serious one he held before. Sebastian grinned.

"Young master, while it is true that a contract between a human and a demon requires the wager of a soul… you have nothing to worry about it. Your soul is no longer present; you are no longer human. This is a deal between demons. The price for it is the same as it would be if we were both human. What is it that you want?"

Yukio scuffed at being called a demon, but remained calm.

"I want you to train my brother to be more than enough to take on Satan. If Satan cannot be defeated, I win, and you are to crawl back into hell where you belong. Filth like you doesn't deserve to be in our world." Yukio spat, expecting to enrage the demon. However, Sebastian merely smirked.

"I see… and if I win and Satan is defeated?" Sebastian studied the boys face with amusement. Yukio raised his eyebrow.

"What is it you want? Souls?" Yukio began to feel uneasy, not sure if he could allow this demon to kill innocent people all because of a silly bet. Sebastian chuckled.

"I have not eaten a soul since the 'Black Plague' that occurred so many years ago. I have no interest in meaningless souls. No, it is not souls I crave…" His gaze intensified. "I simply want you and your fellow exorcists to exorcize a certain demon…"

"A demon?" Yukio raised an eyebrow.

Sebastian smirked, his eyes glowing slightly.

"Yes… the demon who hired you, to be exact."

End of Flashback

Yukio sighed. He knew better than to make a pact with a demon…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment