Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - THy KiNGdOM cOMe.....

As Manny and Jaden race time against the family team, old memories return. What will happen if they return to early? Will she love what's been lost?...or will she find where she belongs and be trapped in an eternity of misery?

Chapter 1 - THy KiNGdOM cOMe.....

Chapter 1 - THy KiNGdOM cOMe.....




"Run, Manny!!"he screamed as we ran across the west side of the abandoned motel parking lot, "Those damn pricks are getting closer!" We ran as fast as we could until we stopped at the edge of the road while a few cars drove past us. Then we made a daring run for the other side of the road, almost getting hit by three cars. I looked behind us to see them standing on the other side of the road waiting for a chance to run across.
"Just keep running Manny, well just try to lose them somehow,"Jaden whispered in my ear as his breath cut short a couple times because of our racing hearts and us trying to run across another empty parking lot.
"Cool, just cool. Theyre gonna get away!"
"Will you knock it off?! They arent gonna get away. You can never outrun a bullet!"
I looked behind me again to see the last two start running again after they yelled at each other for a couple of seconds. But what I was worried about was what they yelled out that me and Jaden couldnt hear. We kept running as we got closer and closer to a dark empty shopping mart.
"It must be closed at this time, whatever time it is," I stated as we slowed down to take a breath. We walked over to the right side of the building and hid behind a rusty grey dumpster.
"I dont know how much more I can run from them. Well end up dead either way," I muttered, not knowing how close they were.
"Dont say that! Well get away! Well go back home and laugh it of. Haha. Or we could just stay here, here in America-the land of freedom, isnt that what its all about? Being free, or at least feeling free?"Jaden turned slightly towards me and tilted his head and mildly smirked. I just kept quiet and smiled, but secretly inside I laughing. Its always been that way. Jaden and I. Weve only been friends, telling ourselves that if love did catch us we would only act the same way. Just friends. But its strange how part of me wants to know what it would be like to love Jaden, other then a brother or a friend. Yes, I remember when Jaden and I met. We made a vow(we called it a promise, since we were to young to know what a vow was) to always stay brother and sister even through harsh times. After Velin attacked Jadens sister, he was so desperate and alone he cried day and night for months; and all I could do was be there and watch. Ive always felt that I couldve done something else, something with less guilt and more comfort, but there was nothing. Nothing could cover up the rape and murder of Sondra Foxx. That was the only thing Jaden thinks of now. Is how he wants to kill and slaughter Sam Velin, for Sondra was the only person he had left. I had my alcoholic aunt, my depressed mother who takes bottles of depression pills and is on the verge of killing herself, and my brother, the prick-Ronald. He was the one who stated it was my fault that mother and Aunt was like that. Thats why Dave and Tomas shipped us on a plane from London and sent us here so they can kill us. Dumb pricks!
"Should we split up and search around here?"
"Theres no where else they can hide...they must be here. You go that way and Ill go that way. If you find them, shoot them. If I do, Ill holler. Now, go."
I peeked around the edge of the dumpster and saw Tomas walking towards us holding his gun underneath his black coat. His dark brown hair waved in air as a strong wind blew against the building. He stepped closed and closer towards us. I could hear every one of his breaths, each harshly going in and silently vanishing out through his nostrils. Then it all stopped. Everything was silent-no breathing, no footsteps, no wind. I looked around the side one more time...and saw no one. It was like a phantom evaporating into the darkness.
I nudged Jaden and he shook his head. He slowly stood up and moved out from behind the dumpster. I prayed as he was fully out in the open.
BANG!!!






Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment