Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - THy KiNGdOM cOMe.....

As Manny and Jaden race time against the family team, old memories return. What will happen if they return to early? Will she love what's been lost?...or will she find where she belongs and be trapped in an eternity of misery?

Chapter 2 - THy KiNGdOM cOMe.....

Chapter 2 - THy KiNGdOM cOMe.....




"Jaden!!!!!!!!!!!!"I screamed as his body fell to the ground as blood poured from his chest onto the asphalt. I quickly rushed over and took his head into my arms and cried. I lowered my head and closed my eyes as I tried to put pressure over the bullet hole.
"Ma-ma-manny..."a soft hoarse voice came from underneath me as I opened my eyes and stated down at him. His eyes. His eyes were filled with terror and fright. He cautiously attempted to raise his right arm as he pointed at something. Or...someone. I twitched in fear when my eyes averted to the tall silhouette of Tomas standing above us aiming the gun down upon my head.
"Dave! I found them,"he hollered as he kept one eye on us and one open for keeping his guard at ease. Thats what was so weird about Tomas. He had the weirdest eyes I had ever seen. Even though he hated my guts, even when I was young, I always seem to think of his eyes as a comical relief. One went one way and other went another way. Im not sure why he isnt the leader of the pack, but he sure seems like one. He has always been there for Ronald, and will do anything for him, even kill me.
Dave came to a halt as he walked behind Tomas and stared down at me and Jaden.
"You shot him?!"
"Well how else are we gonna kill them?"
"You could have strangled him or something....not that painful,"Dave stuttered. Typical. That was just like Dave-always only caring about peoples deaths. He has been afraid for years that if you kill a person painfully, the persons spirit will come back and haunt you, and then, kill you as well, but more painfully. That was his motto. Do things less painfully. But unlike his, Tomass was to do things quick and easy, whatever it may be.
As they were debating on how to kill us, Jaden nudged my shoulder and slid something out of his pocket and incased it in my hand, with my fingers intertwined to conceal every inch of it. I already knew what it was and what he wanted me to do with it.
It was the pocketknife his sister gave him for his last birthday. And he wanted me to save myself. But I could never do that alone...without him being there with me.
"Stay with me,"I muttered in his ear as I turned my face away from him to cover my red swollen eyes. He grabbed onto my coat, trying to stop me from what I was about to do. I just shrugged him off and stood up.
With the switchblade in my hand, hidden under my fingers, ready to attack, I stool stiff and waited for them to stop talking.
"Kill me. I want you to kill me, right now, and quick,"I trembled as I stayed still with my head pointed down to the ground, my hair covering my face, so that they couldnt see me scheming up my plan.
"Hmm. If you want..."Tomas breathed. He lifted up the gun to my forehead and steadied his finger on the trigger. I could hear every light click of the trigger being pulled back; until I swung. I shoved my hand into his stomach and put pressure onto the knife as my hand brushed by. He fell onto the ground with a rather large gash across his chest and stomach, blood gushed out as he lay in shock and his white shirt soon became completely red. Dave rushed over and ripped off dark blue long-sleeved shirt and pressed it onto Tomass chest.
I quickly ran over to Jaden and tried to carefully lift him up off the ground. He winced a couple times but tried his best to sit up and stand. After finally getting him up and turned around and attempted to turn Jaden towards the back of the building. But, as soon as I turned around, I felt a heavy force pound upon the back of my head. The caused me to fall, which in return made Jaden collide with me on the ground. The pain was so tremendous, but all I could do was grab my aching head. I turned over so that I was lying on my side and looked up at the person who hit me.
It was Dave-with his fists clenched and his eyes burning with anger. He marched over towards me and Jaden. I tried to lift Jaden off of me, but it was too late. Dave lurched forward and clutched my wrist as he pulled me away from Jaden, only to be pinned against the old off-white wall of the building.
"Even if the rumors are true, that if you kill a person they haunt you,"he declared, "After hurting my cousin like that, I really dont care." I looked up at his face, quickly feeling a slight ease of pressure from my left arm, but then a wave of shock overcame me as I looked down to see Daves right hand turning and twisting the switchblade into my stomach. It felt like fire, just burning straight through me. He slowly moved backwards as I fell onto the ground crushing my wrist in the process, hearing a loud "pop" and more pain that surged through my body. It was so painful to move that I just laid there. I heard footsteps come towards me and then stop. Then, I heard a person get down on their knees and their breathing was right next to my ear. There was a soft tug on my hair that soon grew more fierce as I was lifted a few inches above the ground. I slowly averted my eyes to Tomas who held my hair in his grasp.
"This is what you deserve, you little prick!"he hoarsely whispered and spat in my face. Then he dropped my head onto the ground as I felt my lip ring start to bleed from under so much pressure.
I heard him cautiously stand up and join Daves side as they marched back towards the motel parking lot, where their black car sat waiting for their arrival. After a couple of minutes, I heard their car drive off and then it was silent except for me and Jadens deep breathing and the blood dripping out of our wounds. I scooted closer to Jaden and pressed my hand on his stomach.
"Dont leave me,"I choked out the words as my tears became dryer and dryer.
"Ill try n-not to..."he smiled in return. There was no way possible for us to get out of that situation alive. Jaden would die, and then I would probably mourn until I came to my end. But as we laid there, I felt a small feeling of false hope growing inside me. Or maybe it was the feeling of my blood coming up my throat and leaking through the corners or my lips. I looked over at Jaden and I noticed his eyes were shut. I tapped his shoulder a few times and whisper his name as loud as I could. His eyes softly fluttered open for a couple of seconds and then they shut once more.
"I promise I wont leave you,"he winced as he tried to lean his head against the wall. I was so glad to hear him speak after believing that he died. But at that moment, I heard the sound of a car coming towards us, coming closer to the parking lot. I forced myself to stand up, even if it was so painful, and take a look.
As the sky became lighter than before, the orange street lights stopped burning and shut off. It was still a bit dim where I was standing, but I heard the car a couple feet away pull into the parking lot and drive nearer and nearer to the front doors. I took small steps, trying not to collapse as I walked over to the doors. I heard the car stop abruptly and the door swing open as a person ran over to me.



Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment