Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - THy KiNGdOM cOMe.....

As Manny and Jaden race time against the family team, old memories return. What will happen if they return to early? Will she love what's been lost?...or will she find where she belongs and be trapped in an eternity of misery?

Chapter 4 - THy KiNGdOM cOMe.....

Chapter 4 - THy KiNGdOM cOMe.....

                                           Kingdom Hospital, aye?

     "I need more thread, Elmer,"he said. I presumed it was a ‘he’. It, as we’ll call it now, had a deep smooth voice. It was lathered in an accent so rich that a lisp lay so faint, as if he never had one. I now concluded that it was a he, only unless it was a woman with the deepest voice that was always mistaken as a man on the phone or in the drive thru of a fast food place.

     "Alright, alright. Yet, we’ll have to hurry up my dad wants me to see him in his office right away,"another voice abrupted, Elmer it was. He was a bit squeaky sounding, like a nervous teenager going through phases of unbalanced puberty. He also liked to huff out deep breaths as if from worry or anxiety.

     "Never rush surgery, my young star. Just keep your gloves on,"the deeper voice spook again. It was actually quite soothing. It held a mental image of staring into a steaming cup of coffee or tea as the froth swirls in elaborate earth tones that can easily make you melt.

But, SURGERY?!

     I felt groggy. That’s one word to sum it up. Groggy. My body felt weightless; yet, my mind seemed full of confusion and concern. Surgery? Did I fall asleep with the telly on the Discovery Channel or something? It sounds so realistic, though. I can even hear the beeping of a heart-rate machine near my ears and the faltering breaths of life blurred from something standing in its way. I have a feeling that I was never asleep with the telly on the Discovery Channel, (I don’t even know why it would be on that channel anyways).

     "Dr. Hook, there’s no more rooms left open for the other one. He had to be evacuated because of a hit-and-run victim. We’ll have to work on him in here,"a woman’s cry reasoned. No, this wasn’t a man. Her voice was on a way higher scale of pitch than the other two voices were; maybe hers was a bit older and wispy, but still a woman’s voice.

     "A hit-and-run, huh? We haven’t had one of those in a while. Has anyone found paper work on these two kids, yet? It’s a shame, isn’t that right Elmer?"the deeper voice is Dr. Hook. (Kinda reminds me of Captain Hook from Peter Pan.)

     "Huh....oh, yeah...a shame...Hook, we’ve really got to get going,"Elmer wheezed.

     "Gina at clerk says she may have a lead on them; but what she’s got, the only information on them is that their names are Mandolin Blaire and Jaden Foxx. They’re also from the U. K., London I infer. And the poor patient is actually a famous painter, Peter Rickman,"she informed them.

     Manny....isn’t that my name?! And Jaden....but how?

     Now I knew I wasn’t asleep and dreaming; but it was so hard trying to open my eyes. They felt so heavy. And yet, my body didn’t feel right. Was I hallucinating? Maybe if I try to shake off the sleep or whatever I was under, then maybe I wouldn’t feel so strange.

     After about two minutes or so, I could see things lightening to a dim shade or grey as my lashes tried to hoist themselves ajar. Maybe that wasn’t a good idea. In a crisis situation, they should warn people of blinding bright lights. They really can be painful. But after a quick adjustment to the new surroundings, my eyes deceived me. There was no telly left on the Discovery Channel, it was truly an emergency room. A sadness thrived through my mind as my swollen, bruised eyes wandered over to another foreign hospital bed with a dormant boy laid, tubes and needles traveled up and down his arms and up his nose. Then, something occurred that I never would have thought would have happened. He tilted his head a slight angle, with one eye cracked open and the other fastened shut, he crooked the corners of his lips upward and attempted to say something but it just wouldn’t come out. So, I looked in his sympathetic eyes. There I found his message.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment