Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - More Family

This is the story of Shawn.

{THIS IS AN EXTREMELY ROUGH 1 DRAFT! PLEASE WRITERS OF FAC, TAKE THIS PIECE AND EDIT IT, TWIST IT, ADD TO IT, DO WHATEVER, AS LONG AS YOU TELL ME! I WILL THEN UPDATE THE CHAPTER AND CREDIT YOU.}

Chapter 2 - More Family

Chapter 2 - More Family
Chap 2: More Family [/b]

Dave caught the ball.

"Lets go Sizzle Phizzle!" He yelled from across the field. "I'm gettin' some ice cream." By now people were staring. Pointing. whispering. thinking we didnt see, didnt hear. their little murmurs were usually the most audible things that i could hear.

"Is that them? The mobster twins?", "I heard that one of them turns into a werewolf at night", "I think that if you can kill one, the other will show you their pots of gold".

Sometimes it was funny to hear what people thought about us. The urban legends, the frightened whispers. but sometimes it hurt. they would talk about what our parents must be like. talk about killing us, burning our house down. it was crazy.

Dave and I were running now. Racing. to the ice cream shop. we knew how it would end up but we kept sprinting. jumping over miscellaneously placed objects, dodging pedestrians. The only thing i could hear is my heart beating hard, the wind rushing passed my face and my breathing. I took short hard breaths. I glanced at dave and it looked like he was doing the same. We both hopped, simultaneously onto the curb and once again, a tie.

"I'll try the CaraChocoChunk today." Dave gasped to the cashier.

"Ahh, David, staying good?" That's the ice cream guy. He is old and kinda fat. He looks kind of grimey. But he is me and dave;s only friend. when all others frowned and shunned us, this man smiled and welcomed us.

"Do i ever?" Dave glanced at him with a grin. I was still tryin to catch my breath.

"Haha, that's true. What about you, Mr. Shawn? what would you like?" He smiled at me with his large, crusty mouth. He was a soar sight, but something about him always seemed so friendly. I glanced over at him and nodded.

"The usual blue icee. with vanilla ice cream in it. AKA, the Phillips Creamy Ice." He didnt make that name, you know. my dad did. when my dad was around my age, he visited this town once and worked here for a day, he created a weird icee-ice cream mix that the ice cream man wondered about. It's now on the menu, and has been ever since that day. It's one of the biggest sellers here. Too bad my dad doesnt know. he hasnt come back in a while.

"Thanks Chuck." I said as he handed me my cup. Me and Dave dont have to pay, much to everyone else's envy.

"Why do you call me that? Chuck? Such a weird name. Made up by such weird children." Chuck said as he ruffled me and dave;s hair. Chuck wasnt his name. As far as anyone in this town knew, he didnt have a name. but ever since me and dave were little, we;ve called him chuck. e;s kind of like an uncle to us. we love him and he loves us. Shawn, David, Carol, Mellony, Christopher, Daniel, and Chuck. That was our little family. Me, Dave, Dave's Mom (i call her by her name), My mom, my dad, Mr. Linderman, and Chuck. Miracle Twins, their mothers, their mobster fathers, and the ice cream guy. Not Weird at all.

"Boys come into the back real quick" Chuck told us. We slowly walked to the back and were giving each other looks. Look that we knew meant 'What's this about' and 'What did you do to get me in trouble?'

"Now Boys," Chuck started. "You know about my ability" He paused and glanced a puddle on the floor which he went over to. He slowly bent over and started moving his finger towards it. The instant that the tip of his finger touched the puddle, it started freezing. "Now i just want to remind you that we all need to lay and stay low. That means that you 2 can't be sprinting half way across town to play catch and then half way back for ice cream. Because that certainly ISNT laying low. Understand?" He spoke so kindly and had a smile, but in our minds, he was scolding us. Screaming at us to stop with our 'shenanigans'. Or at least in my mind.

"Geez you dont have to scream." I said quietly looking down into the corner of my eye.

"What are you talking about?" He said quietly, but in my mind he was screaming. Loud. Over and over and over and over again. I finally lost it.

"STOP! STOP IT! CHUCK WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!?" I screamed at the top of my lungs so that i was louder than chuck. But in reality it was utterly quiet. Customers eating ice cream at their tables suddenly looked over at the storage room door and slowly got out their cell phones, ready to call 9-1-1. Waiting to hear my next words be 'Someone help me! Im being raped!!'. I mean, the store was full, so someone had to have thought of it.

"Shawn?...Candice, that's enough. Stop that, right now!" Chuck said. Then, suddenly, chucks face went from an angry bright red to his usual calm and smiling pale. Then a girl, who was beautiful, walked into the storage room.

"Sorry, I just couldnt help myself." She said. She had dark brown hair and had a nice hour glass figure. "He was just so...I dont know, vulnerable." She smiled and came up to me. I could tell many things about her right away. She was reaaalllyy hot (sorry, teen hormones), she was older than me by maybe a few years but still shorter than me by a few inches. I could tell that she had a very seductive attitude and personality by the way she dressed: short skirt, half buttoned long sleeve over shirt with nothing under it and the sleeves rolled up. I could also tell that she had abilities.

"What does she do?" I asked chuck. The second i said that i saw dave start to analyze her. within seconds he was done.

"I dont know but whatever it is, its pretty strong stuff." Dave said. We both looked her up and down, then at each other, then at chuck. "So," Dave said as he moved in, close, to the gir-....woman. "Your name's Candice?...i like that name." Dave always was a 'Lady's Man'. I was the kid who sat and watched him get all the girls, and dates, and jobs, and fun. I dont really care about much of that anyways. I always overhear girls saying im cute, so girls and dates would be easy for me to accomplish. I am really good at getting thigs done and im a hardworker so a job wouldnt be difficult. I'm also really good at sports. No one but my family knows that though. And i find just about anything fun, so thats also super easy. I could be just as outgoing as Dave, i just...dont want to be.

"I Bet you do." Candice said as she glared at Dave. She then looked towards me and slid away from david. She was in front of me te next thing i knew. "Sorry about the whole screaming thing" she said to me and looked up into my eyes. She started rubbing my chest and back and caressing my face. "I could make it up to you if you want." She bit her lower lip and giggled. Clearly the seductive type.

"So um, chuck. Who is she?" Dave said. I could easily hear the disappointment in his voice. he was probably angry that this very pretty woman left his side and is all over me.

"That's my new employee. Candice. A beauty, ain't she. But be careful. She has a tricky ability." Chuck glanced at me. I glanced at her. She started inching up on her toes towards my face. She came closer. and closer. She closed here eyes. I closed mine. i started puckering my lips and then i heard her voice in my ear. Her lips were close. really close.

"He's right. You should watch your step around me" She heavily breathed into my ear. It sent butterflies throughout my body. It then became a struggle to stand straight up and not melt to the floor.

"She can make illusions. Of herself. Of you. Of anything and everyone around you." Chuck said and pointed to me and her. I looked back down and saw a frail old woman wrapping herself around my body.

"What the f-" I started but was interrupted by dave's laugh.

"Aahahahaha!!! That's Hysterical!" He laughed. "Finally someone who makes a move on Shawn and he finds out its an old lady!!" He was bending over, clenching his stomach as his wide open mouth yelped.

Candice then angrily glared at him. He then dropped tto the ground and closed his eyes. "DAVE!" I screamed and ran over to check his pulse. He was still alive. "What did you do!?" I looked at Candice. She slowly came to me, morphing back into the body i met her in on her way.

"Oh, nothing." She said and knelt next to dave's collapsed body and my crouched one. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me a little closer to her. "He;s okay. Dont worry." she whispered to me. I dont know why but she felt so......i dont know. probably something hormonic.

"Candice, sweety. Come on. if you're going to be a part of this family, dont seduce your relatives." Chuck said. At that moment i sprung up, surprised.

"What?!" I said. "Chuck are you talking about our family?" I asked. I felt like i was in a panic mode. I mean, i didnt even know this woman! she shows up at my uncles store, makes my brother collapse, and now im learning that shes joining my family!

"Shawn, I found this girl on the street, she was wandering. she has no home. she;s like us, shawn. She needs a home. She needs a family." Chuck told me. I swear if any other person had said that at that moment, it would'nt've meant fish crap to me. but this was chuck. the one who taught me how to ride a bike. the one who babysat me my whole life. the one who taught me how to play video games. the one that gave me the 'birds and the bees' talk. The one who gives me free ice cream and free advice whenever i see him. I had to accept it. Candice was part of my family. And you knew it was official and confirmed with everyone when Chuck announced it to you.

I sighed. "Fine." I said. Looking at my feet. Chin to chest. Defeated.

"Yayyy!!" Candice said and ran over to me. She kissed my cheek. "Muah"

"But first, stop doing whatever your doing to Dave." I said to her solidly and seriously. She couldnt see it but at that moment i felt like i was flying and floating on clouds. She knew how to make a guy feel good. If that was how i felt from a kiss on the cheek, then what if-

"Ugh, okay." She said and closed her eyes. When she opened then I could hear Dave on the ground, gasping. He shot up and looked at me with wide eyes. He walked over to me.

"Shawn. I heard everything." He whispered to me. "I guess we have a sister." He said.

"More like a 2nd cousin." I whispered back.

"Well now that that's settled, let's go back out and have some ice cream!" Chuck said as he put his hand on the doorknob.

"Sure" I smiled. We walked out through the door and i saw that the store was empty. All of the different people. All of the icees and ice cream and sundaes. Gone. I looked over to the front window and saw a sign. the only problem was that the 'Open' side was facing into the store. "What happened to everyone?" I asked.

"Oh, um sorry. Since you came into the store, you saw what i wanted you to. Chuck was in the storage room waiting for you guys. Only you though, Shawn." Candice kept walking past me, "Dave saw reality, but you didnt. My bad." She glanced back and smiled and walked out the door.

"Where is she going?" Dave asked. I was actually wondering the same thing. Chuck said that he found her wandering the streets, so where could she possibly be going? Her box?

"To your house of course" Chuck grinned from ear to ear. "I told you, shes part of the family. So she's gonna live with you." Chuck started chuckling (pun kinda intended). "I spoke about it with your mother, and your father." Chuck said. "Yours too." He pointed to me.

"Whe-" I started.

"I CALL CANDICE IS SLEEPING IN MY ROOM!!" Dave yelled and started running out of the store to catch up with candice. "INCEST IS LEGAL IN OHIO!" he yelled back at me. I looked down laughing a bit. She vegatized him, is part of his family, and Dave is still trying to get with her. Good ol' dave.

I was about to start running after him when Chuck gently pulled my arm. "Shawn." He said seriously. "Your dad forgives you, you know. For the whole house fire thing." He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and winked at him.

"In most ways, your opinion on that is more important than his."

I was just about to start running again when Chucks grip strengthened a bit. I looked at his hand on my arm and at him with a worried face. "Boy." He started. "Now, i know your father hasnt been there for you for so many years, but he's still your father. Him and Mr. Linderman are cooperating with another company trying to make it safe for your generation. You ought to pay him your respects. In too many ways, his opinion is a lot more valuable than mine." He said and let go of me. Chuck started smiling again. "Now go on. Take the shortcut. You can still beat Dave back to your home!"

I smiled at him and nodded. i turned back around and started sprinting home. Today wasnt as good as i thought it would be. But it wasnt all that bad.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment