Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

An oddball vulpix makes friends with an umbreon after being rescued, three years later its time for them to be adopted out to new trainers and the vulpix is reluctant to let go, however that becomes the least of his problems. slash.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1
Chapter 1

Disclaimer- I don’t own pokemon

Three weeks had passed since the March frost had given into April’s warm grasp, the flowers had begin to bloom and the woodland pokemon had returned to a forest filled with the happiness and energy of spring. Alek stretched rippling the fur on his back and tail, he held the out stretched pose for a moment before returning to a sitting state to clean his face and paws. It had been a long winter and he was all to eager to bound out onto the dew covered meadows and warm his fur by the riverbank. What he was mostly looking forward to was being away from the other Eevees, Alek wasn’t like the other Eevees and because of that he was shunned and excluded from the tightly knit skulk they formed . To start off with he wasn’t really an eevee at all, from what he could remember from the before time he was a vulpix and he had been separated from his ninetails mother. Even though he was a vulpix he wasn’t like other vulpixes either. Instead of having the signature reddish-brown fur and deep chocolate brown eyes his fur was mostly sandy colored and his eyes were of the deepest violet. A shaggy tuft of sandy fur replaced the orangey buns that would normally be at the top of his head and his paws were white toed. Since he had arrived at the pokeshelter 3 years ago he had dreamed of leaving it with a trainer of his very own, this spring would be the year that he’d be old enough to leave the shelter but now he dreaded it.

Alek licked his paw and swiped it across his muzzle and nose and then stood, it was an inevitability. Today he’d probably be adopted and he’d be separated from his best friend Cael, Cael was an unusual pokemon; he was an umbreon from birth due to the fact that his umbreon mother had been experimented on before she was rescued. He had been a kit when Alek was brought into the pokeshelter but unlike the other eevees and their evolutions he had instantly liked the vulpix despite his differences. It was because of this umbreon that Alek lived a happy life at the shelter and he didn’t know what he would do if he was separated from the other pokemon for more than 24 hours. The fox-like pokemon shook the thought from his head as he bounded across the room and squeezed through the eevee sized doggy door. Most of the pokemon that were up for adoption were already out on the meadow and Alek scampered off to join them.

Once out on the meadow Alek drew in a deep breath, the scent of rain and grass clippings was much more inviting then the stuffiness of the shelter. It didn’t take long to find Cael and Alek sauntered down toward the river taking time to stop and sniff the wild flowers. At the edge of the meadow there was a river where he found Cael, the Umbreon splashed in the shallow water near the bank ridding his fur of the stench of the three months of being confined to the shelter. The umbreon giddily ran up and down the river stirring up little tidal waves and washing away the debris that had been lodged in his fur, through his escapade he hadn’t noticed Alek watching his foolish antics. Alek inwardly giggled, this was what he loved most about Cael, when he was around the younger eevees he was mature and set a good example for the kits but when he was alone he was nothing more than a kit himself. Cael stopped and looked toward the bank, his eyes lit up and a smile moved onto his face as he set sight on the vulpix.

“Thanks for the show” Alek said bringing a paw to his mouth and quietly giggling.

“Im glad you liked it” Cael replied stretching a paw out and gesturing for Alek to join him in the water.

Alek dipped a paw into the water shivering at its cool temperature, after a few moments he settled all four paws into the frigid river. Cael grinned and walked up to the shivering vulpix affectionately slapping the pokemon on his behind and yelling tag. Startled Alek jumped slightly and slipped on the smooth stones in the shallow river causing him to cascade into the water. The vulpix carefully stood to prevent him from falling again and ran after the umbreon. Using quick attack Alek caught up to Cael in a matter of seconds and tackled him. The force of the attack caused the two to tumble onto the river’s bank. Cael looked down into the Vulpix’s violet eyes as he held him pinned to the ground, as the strongest of the Umbreons at the shelter he had his pick at any female he wanted but he would surely give his life to look into the eyes of this vulpix and it scared him.

“We should, uh, go now and stuff” Cael receded allowing Alek to roll over onto his side and stand.

The sun was high in the sky at this point ad the intense sunshine was welcomed to dry their dripping fur, Alek looked toward Cael taking in the subtle differences that made him unique. The tiny flicker of silver in his ruby eyes, the reddish tint of his markings, as well as the slightly heart shaped oval on his right thigh. Other than his slight deformities (and he used this term VERY loosely) the umbreon was truly a gorgeous creature and someone that Alek could say he truly.....loved. Alek blushed as he caught himself staring but it was hard to look away, he shook his head and started back toward the shelter. Today was gonna be a long day.

******************************************************************************

“What kind of pokemon are you looking for”?

“I don’t care what kind of pokemon it is, as long as its better than yours”

“That’s an impossibility considering I’m getting an umbreon and you can’t get much better then that”

“Pfft, if that’s what you wanna think go right ahead but I know my pokemon will kick your pokemon’s @$$”

“Yeah right, in your dreams”

Madellyn and Meighson walked toward the shelter, at 16 they were late starters to the world of pokemon training but their mother had been so insistent on them getting a good education they had given in multiple times and stayed home. Now six years later then most rookie trainers they were getting their first pokemon. Meighson looked at his twin, since birth the two had been inseparable even going as far as to push their beds together so they could sleep with one another. It would be weird to be away from his sister but she wanted to go one way, he and another.

Three minutes passed in silence as the twins continued down the path to the pokeshelter, the path gave way to a river signaling they were close to their destination. A little way down the river there was a bridge where they crossed taking a moment to look down into the water at the Magikarp and Goldeen. From the other side of the river Madellyn could see the shelter, it sat high upon the meadow far from the dangers of the outside world. She swallowed hard and forced herself to move on, she was afraid to be on her own but as the older sibling she’d never let her brother see her fear. The two trudged up the meadow toward the front of the shelter, around them rescued pokemon both young and old relaxed and played on the dampened grass. Once at the door Meighson reached for the knob and hesitated, taking a deep breath he turned the knob and walked into the building with his sister close behind.

******************************************************************************

Alek scratched at the bow around his neck, upon returning to the shelter early one of the staff members had bathed him and tied the monstrosity around his neck then cooed about how cute he was. Afterward they had put him in the kennel with the Eevees and put Cael in a separate kennel filled with only Umbreon. He sat and watched as the humans came by and left with an Eevee or some other kind of pokemon, it hurt him to see so many that didn’t want him but in the back of his mind he felt relieved. Scratching at the bow again he succeeded in loosening it a bit, again he scratched but instead he caught his foot in the loop and tightened it around his neck restricting his airflow. Panicking he scratched with his free hind leg trying to free himself from the choking grasp of the ribbon only to further tighten and entangle himself in it. Alek mewed loudly trying to get someone’s attention while he thrashed about further complicating his predicament. His mewing stopped and his eyes widened as he watched the next human go by, it was a female. She had auburn hair that fell down around her waist and emerald eyes, but what she held in her hand was what shocked him. The female held a pokeball and on the red half engraved in cold lettering were the letters C-A-E-L, tears collected in the Vulpix’s eyes and spilled over making a little pool on the floor.

After looking through the kennels and not seeing anything that truly appealed to him Meighson had settled on a Rattata seeing as they were easy to train. He turned heading in the rattata pen to choose one of the rat pokemon when he was stopped by the loud pained call of a vulpix. To the left of him was an eevee pen, most of the eevees had been adopted out but the remaining all congregated to the front of the pen when Meighson leaned his hand on the side, all except one. There was one way back in the corner wrapped up in a yellow bow, Meighson stepped into the pen and picked up the struggling pokemon freeing it from the ribbon. The pokemon mewed but instead of making the characteristic eevee sound it replied with a high pitched ‘vulpix, vul’ . Meighson smiled and rubbed the Vulpix’s stomach, he had found the pokemon he was going to start his new life with.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment