Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5

What happens when Yumi comes down sick, but no one knows what it is she has? Does X.A.N.A have anything to do with it? Will Ulrich be able to save her? Find out in my first ever Code Lyoko fanafic! R&R Pairings: AxJ YxU OxS(Maybe)

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5


Okay then. Well, here's chapter five. Sorry to keep ya waitin, been in a stump and I haven't had that much time in a while to do it, so now that schools out for the rest of this year, 2005, I will be able to work more on the story for you readers out there who have enjoyed what I have written in this fanfic so far.



Thank you all so very much for your reviews! This chapter is dedicated to all you UlrichxYumi fans out there! Hope you like it. Later chapters will include the other featured couples in the story, but in future chapters! ^_^ This one, I just hope the fans of this famous pairing like! Well, anyways, Merry Christmas! Laters!



-----------------------



'Hey....Yumi?' 'Yes, Ulrich? What is it?' 'Um....are you still.....still my friend?' 'Yeah, silly! Why wouldn't I be?' She smiled at him as he smiled lightly with a blush back at her. 'Hey! I know! Let's go over to the park and play! They have swings over there that we can play on! It'll be fun! Come on!' She told him as she grabbed his arms and dragged him towards the children's park down the street.



"Yumi...." Ulrich looked down at the girl he had loved since they had first met years before. She lay quietly in the bed next to him, breathing softly as the heart monitor beeped rhythmically on her other side. Her face was a bit pale, but her fever had gone down and she was able to sleep soundly once again in peace.



He held her hand tightly in his, but gently enough so that it wouldn't hurt her. 'Why?.....Why did it have to be her? She's done nothing wrong.....All she ever does is risk her life for the lives of others, never worrying about her own. If anything were to happen to her, though, I would never forgive myself.....I don't know what I'd do if I were to lose you,Yumi.'



She stirred a bit in her sleep, turning over onto her side to face Ulrich. She looked so peaceful while she was sleeping. The serene look on her face reminded him of the past days they used to spend together, just the two of them.



'Ulrich?' 'Yeah?' 'If you were granted one wish, one wish for anything at all, what would it be?' He looked at her with a look of suprise look on his face. He looked back towards the ground with a faint smile, 'My biggest wish would be.....for my dad to be proud of me just for being me.....for more simpler things.....its not easy trying to do something big and difficult just for something so insignificant.....I know its pretty stupid, but.....'



Yumi cut him off near the end, 'It's not stupid! In fact, I'll help you make your wish come true! I'll help you achieve your goal of making your father proud! Even if it means putting my life on the line for it!' She announced as she stood up on the swing in a proud manner, holding her fist up to her chest right over her heart, in a vowing manner.



'Well, I wouldn't go as far as putting your life on the line, but thanks, Yumi......although, really, I think I'd like to do it on my own. Thanks for the help offering though, not that I didn't like it. It's just that...' She cut him off again, 'I know. And I completely understand. But even if I can't help, I'll be right there by your side to cheer you on! It's the least I can do for you.....so, I promise I'll be there with you all the way!'



Ulrich smiled up at her as he got off of the swing, watching her swing back and forth on the swing while standing on it. 'You know, if you're not careful, you could fa-' Yumi lost her grip on the swing strap and she flew off towards the ground. Ulrich jumped out in front of her and she crashed into him head on, landing on his back on the ground. She jumped off and helped him up.



'I'm sorry, Ulrich! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?' He brushed himself off and looked up at her with a smile, 'I'm fine. But the question is, are you?' She nodded, sending a smile back at him as well. Then, they laughed...



A smile had crawled its way upon Ulrich's face as he thought of the good old days when they weren't worrying about X.A.N.A and his plots on world domination. Suddenly, the nurse came in, letting him know that he had to go home. He was told that the principle would be picking him up out front, so he headed out to wait at the front of the hospital for him.



He sat down on the bench right next to the doors that automatically opened and closed the moment you set foot on the mat in front of it. He kept watch for the principle, more flashbacks of his days in peace popping up in his head.



'Well, I think it's about time we started heading back before everyone starts wondering where we are....' Yumi said, smiling back at him as she jumped back off of the swing. The sun had just started to sun beyond the trees overhead and the sky around them began to darken. 'Yeah....let's go. I'll walk you home....'



She smiled as he walked up next to her and grabbed her hand in his own, making her blush as they walked out of the park towards her house. 'Um....Ulrich?' He looked at her with a questioning look, 'Yes?' She looked up at him with her usual warm soft smile, 'Thanks for being my friend.....If I had one wish, it would be to have this day last forever.....so I could spend forever with you,Ulrich....'



His blush darkened at every word that popped up in her sentence, but one part of it rang through his mind like an echo for the rest of that night, making him feel as light as a feather, "so I could spend forever with you,Ulrich...."



Even now he could hear those words he longed to hear once more now. But she couldn't tell him....he didn't think he would hear anything from her again now. If Jeremy and the others couldn't get that data from sector five, then they wouldn't be able to cure her....and he would surely lose her for good this time....like he almost had that last time, on Lyoko.



'Woah! Ah....I can't hold on much longer.....' She was about to fall into the digital sea....she had managed to grab a hold of a tree branch sticking out of the ground, but she was down by only one hand now. Ulrich was on his way, but she didn't think he'd reach her in time. She was just glad that it had been her and not him though....how bad she would feel if she'd have lost him.



'Yumi!' She could hear him yelling from close by. Her hopes jumped straight through the ceiling as she heard him coming for her, but her grip was loosening. 'Ulrich! I can't hold on very much longer!' 'Hurry!' Jeremy yelled overhead. Ulrich reached the edge of the cliff and reached down for her, Aelita just now entering the tower, but he still couldn't reach her.



'Ulrich...' Yumi gasped. Her hand was slipping, he knew he wouldn't be able to save her this time.



'Ulrich! AHHHH!' She screamed as she fell towards the digital sea below. ' YUMIIII!!!!' He reached out and watched in horror as she disappeared from his sight below into the data stream below. He couldn't believe it. She was gone. Like that. In a blink of an eye. He had lost her, for good. Aelita had deactivated the tower and time was reversed, but it didn't bring her back.



"Man....if it hadn't been for Jeremy finding out how to materialize Aelita when he did and had it not been for Aelita's sacrifice, then Yumi still wouldn't be here to this very day. I should at least be thankful for that much....and if we've been able to save her once, then we can do it again. I'll save her this time. I will, I promise." He mumbled to himself. Suddenly, a car that he recognized drove up. It was the principle.



He got up from his spot on the bench and walked over to the passenger side, the door opening up to reveal the principle with a half fake smile on his face, "Come on. Hop on in and we'll head back to the school. You must be worn out...." Ulrich nodded with a slight grin as he got into the car and sat down in the passenger's seat, putting his seat belt on.



"Thank you, sir." The principle looked over at him and then back at the road, "I'm sorry about all of this Ulrich, but there's nothing we can do for her now except pray for her to get better. Her parents are coming to visit her, so she won't be alone tonight. You need to get back to your room and get some sleep though." Ulrich nodded and they drove off away from the hospital back towards the school....



'Goodnight, Ulrich.' Yumi waved to him as he neared the gate. As he reached it, he turned back around and looked to her. She had just closed the door after going inside. He smiled, the way he always smiled whenever he was around Yumi the way he was tonight, 'I love you, Yumi.....goodnight.' He walked out the gate, closing it back behind him, and disappeared down the street.....



-----------------------



Well, anyways, again, I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know what you think in a review! Although, I think this is one of the most kawaii chapters so far, its you who I would like to know if its stinks or not from. But there is also one thing I would like to point out before you think too much about this. The flashbacks have to do with years before they had to deal with X.A.N.A, so it's only natural that Yum was a little more carefree back then, and there's also the point that she was maybe a couple or more years younger than she is now in the story. So, she can go acting like a goof and whatnot on a swing! Besides, the only one there with her was Ulrich, and you know how that goes. lol So, bye now!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

dragon52 on January 31, 2006, 12:50:08 PM

dragon52 on
dragon52Very good please keep writing on it. I want to know how it ends.