Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Freedom Fighter - Chapter One

This is the same story as MutilatedBliss has posted but WE WROTE IT TOGETHER!

Chapter 1 - Freedom Fighter - Chapter One

Chapter 1 - Freedom Fighter - Chapter One


Freedom Fighter


Her blue dress rippled in the wind as she looked upon the scene of devastation with a troubled gaze. `I shouldn't have come back' she thought, but she had known and still, she had come. A boy of about sixteen came up behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder. He was tall, with jet black hair and sad green eyes, as if they had seen more than someone of his age should have.
“Can we go now? This place creeps me out.” he said, shuddering involuntarily. The wind carried the smell of rotting corpses.
“Two more minutes.” she replied. She needed to get her head round things, it had all happened in such a rush.
(Flashback)

Father had been stressed for weeks on end and had begun talking in his sleep about how he was coming to kill him, how he would find him wherever he ran. Who this person was, I had no idea, and all I knew was that if my father had reason to fear him, I should be even more frightened. They came, crept up on the small farm in the dead of night and killed my parents in their sleep. I was woken by my mothers screams and I had run in fear, for I knew these were no ordinary people, they were powerful assassins sent by the man who my father had dreamed about. I had run until I'd reached the borders and then looked back at my home. Embers floated towards my face as I wept at the sight of my entire world going up in flames.

(End Flashback)
She fell to her knees and absent-mindedly started tracing patterns in the dirt. She knew he was still coming for her; he would always be searching unless she found him, and took her revenge. The boy came back up behind her and lifted her chin to meet his steady gaze.

“Where will you go?” he questioned quietly “I bet mama would let you stay with us.” She looked up at him and realised that he was all she had left in the world, but she knew she couldn't stay here and let her parents murderer get away unscathed. Tears filled her eyes as she wondered how to tell him that she was going away, probably never to return.

“I'm…” she began but seeing the worried look in his eyes; the words got stuck in her throat. She knew she couldn't tell him, she couldn't bear it. She gave him a quick, watery kiss that reminded her what she was giving up then stood up slowly and wiped the tears from her now wet cheeks. “I'm sorry,” was all she said before gazing back at her home one last time and then running slowly into the night.

“Wait!” the boy called, obviously distraught, but she carried on running; not knowing where she was going to end up.





The wind howled through the night making her shiver and wrap her arms tightly around her slim body; it had been cold but now the wind had picked up and a slight drizzle had started, making her hair stick to her back uncomftably. `I'm starting to think this was a really bad idea' she mused to herself, flinching slightly as a big gust of wind hit her. She had left in such a rush that she had forgotten to take her backpack, so she was all alone with no food or clean clothes. Her feet were aching as she'd been walking for hours and she didn't even know where she was as she and her parents had lived in a very secluded town, with only their farm and a few others nearby. She looked longingly across the landscape as if she wished civilisation could just pop out of nowhere, but when she realised she was totally and utterly alone, she lay down and it wasn't long before sleep claimed her body.



When she woke up, dawn had set in and the rising sun was giving a breath-taking back drop to her otherwise bleak surroundings. She yawned and stetched her arms, batting the air playfully and then sat up, wincing slightly at the pain that shot through her body. `Well that's what you get for sleeping on a rock' she thought to herself putting a hand over her eyes to stop the sun's intense glare and pondering what she was going to do. She decided that she'd carry on walking in the genral direction that she was going and hope that she got to a city soon. `Great plan' she thought `I'll probably be dead from lack of food before that happens.' She allowed herself a grim smile and began to stand up, glancing over her shoulder to see if there was anything helpful nearby, when she slipped and wacked her head on the ground and then slipped into unconciousness.




A lone figue stood before her, doused in white light. She instictively tried to put her hand to her eyes, only to realise that she could not move her body. The figure stepped out of the light, so she could see him properly. He was tall, and looked about 20; he had long silver hair and piercing blue eyes; a blue cloak was wrapped around his thin body and had a gentle smile on his beautiful, feline features. He took a graceful step closer and a faint humming noise filled the air. She tried to speak but no words would come out of her mouth.


“Peace sister,” the man said to her, his voice sounding as beautiful as the birds “I mean you no harm.” She could hear the sincerity in his voice and instantly calmed. “You are the one,” he stated, solemly “The one sent forth to end the reign of terror created by Elensar.” She looked at him as if he was mad, her stop him? She did want to kill him for what he had done to her parents but she didn't think she'd get out of it alive; death was better than the life she faced. The man looked at her, troubled as if he has heard her last thought, `but that was impossible' she thought. “I am going to teleport your body somewhere safe, but first I must give you two things. First, these knives” he pulled out two short dagger-like knives with silver handles and blades that were shining an iredesent blue “they are… special; they are named `Eärlindë Lúinwë'” when he said this, the words appeared in glowing silver writing down the sides of the blades. “When you get to the place I send you, talk to Tamuríl Elanessë, who calls herself Raven, she will be able to help you.” He paused as if letting her have time for this to sink in. before she could even contemplate what he ment by `teleport your body' he began to speak again. “The second gift I give you is the most important thing you can own. I give you your true name…Shadow.” The room began to spin as she collapsed on the floor and the darkness surrounded her again.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment