Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Freedom Fighter - Chapter 2

This is the same story as MutilatedBliss has posted but WE WROTE IT TOGETHER!

Chapter 2 - Freedom Fighter - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Freedom Fighter - Chapter 2


When she woke up she was inside a brightly-lit building, with four worried faces looking down on her. She shifted her body until she found a comfotable postion and then surveyed the faces intently. Three of them were boys, one had a green face, green hair and green eyes; one was half robot and had a glowing red eye; and one had ebony -black spiky hair and a black and white mask. The other was a girl with long red hair, emerald green eyes and orange-tinted skin.

“Umm…” Shadow said “Why are you looking at me like that?” the green boy cracked a grin.

“Dude!” he exclaimed “You're alive!”

“Why wouldn't I be? And last time I checked I wans't a dude.” Shadow stated, the `duh' went unsaid. The girl began to laugh, and then bent down and hugged her. Shaddow felt as if all air had been cut off to her entire body, she couldn't breathe! The boys must have noticed this as one of them reached down and pryed the girl off her. When Shadow could feel her chest again she looked up and smiled.

“Thanks,” she muttered. The boys smiled but the girl looked troubled.

“Friend, I apologise. I did not mean to harm you.” Shadow lauged and grinned at the girl.

“That's all right,” she smirked “Next time just don't hug as hard, okay?” the girl nodded vigorusly, her head bopping up and down as if it was a yo-yo. The boy with the mask smiled at her, warmly.

“I'm Robin,” he said “He's Cyborg (half robot), He's Beast Boy (green dude), and she's Starfire. We have another member but she isn't here at the momet. We're the Teen Titans.” He looked at her expectantly as if he thought she'd regcognise them. She stared blankly back.

“Who?”



(Raven)




Raven hung in mid-air in the the living room, meditating.

“Azarath Metrion Zinthos.” She chanted with a calm but slightly satonic expression on her face, which contredicted completely with the argument wich was raging inside her head.

“How do we know we can trust her?” questioned inteelegence, loudly.

“Why don't I know?” cried knowledge.

“Robin,” sighed a pink-clad emotion.

“Quiet!” Raven said in an unusually deadly voice. Her mind fell silent instently. “Intellegence,” she began “we don't know we can trust her but we've got to at least help her. Knowledge, you don't know because I haven't spoken to her yet, you have no basis for an analasis.” She stopped and surveyed the pink emotion closely. “Who are you?”

“She,” said knowledge, seeming a bit happier because she knew the answer “Is Lust. She arrived last night, just after you found the girl.”

“Lust.” Raven uttered, disgusted, “Why did you say `Robin'?”

“Because,” she answered, giggling “You think he's cute.”

“I do not!” Raven exclaimed, her cheeks flushing red.

“Yes you do!” chouresed almost all of her emotions.

“You find his `leader' act exhilarating!” Lust said, grinning malevontly.

`Do I like Robin?' Raven asked herself, thinking back to last night…



(Flashback)




Raven sat on the sofa reading a book while the others sat next to her watching the latest `scary' movie. `God, they're so dumb!' Raven thought as Beast Boy jumped onto Cyborgs lap and Starfire squeezed Robin's hand so tightly, he went blue. `I could show them real scary.' She smirked to herselfand began to stand up when suddenly wind wipped through the building with all the velocity of a high-speed train. Files and folders that had been so pain-stakingly ordered flew everywhere. Before anyone had time to react, the wind stopped; leaving behind only one reminisence of its presence, a teenage girl. Raven stared at her, transfixed by the feeling that she knew her but unable to pin-point where from. Robin recovered from the shock quickest, running to the girls' side and feeling for a pulse.

“Raven,” he said with a note of urgency in his voice “Can you heal her?” Raven examined the body quickly before nodding in the affermative. “Good.” He said before picking the seemingly lifeless girl and walking quickly towards the medical room. `I wish he would pick me up like that' Raven mused to herself before blushing when she realized what she had thought.

“Uh Rae,” Cyborg said from behind her “Don't you need to go after them?” Raven glared at Cyborg over her shoulder before hurrying out of the room.



(End Flashback)




Raven glared at Lust before quickly exiting nevermore to an echo of “You know I'm right.”



Raven's mind fell back into her body where she unfolded her legs from the lotus position she was meditating in and landed gracefully on the floor before walking to the medical room to check on her paient.




(Shadow)




Raven entered the room saving Shadow from the diconcerting gazes of the `titans'. She had short-ish purple hair and violet eyes and she was wearing a black leotard and a blue cloak.

“Hi,” Raven said in her usual monotone “I'm Raven.” Shadow smiled at her, forgetting her vision in her haste to stope the gazes of the onlookers.

“I'm Shadow.” Raven stared at her, her mouth almost falling open as she egistared the name. The other Titans looked at her with amused expressions on their faces, releaving Shadow from their piercing stares.

`I guess she doesn't get shocked very often' Shadow thought to herself, while wondering at the same time why she was so obviously shocked. Raven, feeling the amused tension in the room, quickly composed herself, still looking slightly wonderous.

“Shadow,” she muttered to no one in particular “I should have realized. Robin, can you get these guys out of here?”
“Sure, but are you gonna be okay?” Raven nodded, and the `Titans' filed out.
“Are you Tamuríl Elanessë?” Shadow whispered.
“Yes, but call me Raven. If anybody else knew…” She trailed off, a strained look on her face.
“I know, but why did the Maniaë ask me to find you?”
“I am to train you to capture Elensar.” suddenly regaining her calm.
“I don't understand, how am I going to be able to capture Elensar? I'm only fourteen for Gods sake!” slightly losing it.
“Because you have powers.” seeing the shocked look on the girls face, she continued. “The Maniaë did not tell you? Your father was only your adoptive father; your real father was… well… umm… Gabriel.”
“Who?!” She screamed.
“Oh, you know the angel Gabriel, the left hand of God etcetera etcetera…”

“Oookay, this is too weird,” she sat up, but fell back down on the bed again as a fresh wave of pain rushed through her body. Raven helped her back into a more comfortable position and left, leaving Shadow to contemplate recent events.
Her life was changing rapidly, and she was finding it hard to keep up. She wondered what had happened to Calum, had he come after her? No, that was silly, childish thinking. She sighed, silently wishing he was there to help her through this. She heard the door creak and rolled over, and was shocked to see Beast Boy come in and sit on the bed.
“Shh,” he whispered, placing a finger over her lips. He got up and walked to the corner of the room and bent down. He came back over with a small box nestled in the crook of his arm and offered it to her. She opened it dubiously and found inside a stack of candy, a walkman with a collection of cd's and a gameboy. “Never did like meditation much.” And with that he walked out as well.
That night she dreamt of her parents. She dreamt of them as they had once been, of them playing with her as a small child, her mother holding her hand as they walked around the market, her father teaching her how to read and write. She remembered the happy look on their face when they were together, her father getting protective when the boys in the town started to show an interest in her, her mother laughing at her when she asked naïvely why father shouted at the boys. When she woke she wept for them again and the void that their losses had left in her heart.
After the first day, the tower was pretty much set into a routine. Cyborg would come in and do a check up, Raven would ask her more about her parents and her life before, and Starfire would bring her strange meals that were often not even edible. Each time she mentally thanked Beast Boy for his candy, she did not think she would have survived without it.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment