Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Dance with me

Jack and Sally are simply meant to be...aren't they?

Chapter 1 - Dance with me

Chapter 1 - Dance with me


Chapter One



Jack Skellington slowly crept up behind his fiancée. Sneaking quietly between the gravestones, he managed to get so close to the rag doll that he could hear her steady breathing, and her sighs as she brushed her hair.

Then, he pounced.

“Jack!” Sally shrieked, dropping her hairbrush and being knocked sideways onto the grassy floor. She laughed along with her boyfriend, soon to be husband, and pushed herself up so she could reach to kiss his cheek.

“How was your day with the Mayor?” She asked, wrapping her stitched arms around the skeleton's neck.

“It's was O.K., I guess,” He replied “The same as usual really.” He mimicked the mayor's strange voice “Well, hello Jack! How's Sally Jack?? Very good Jack! Three bags full Jack!

Sally giggled. Jack pulled away from her, Zero tugging at his leg.

“Down boy! Be careful!!” He half shouted, half laughed at the ghostly canine.

“Come on,” He said, reaching out for Sally's hand “Lets go for a moonlight stroll.”

“Shall we dance?” Sally asked, placing her fingers into Jack's bony grasp.

Jack smirked at her, then spun around and swept the Doll off her feet.

“In your condition?” He asked jokily, waltzing her around the graveyard.

“Jack,” Sally said seriously “We're not sure yet…”

`I am,” Jack insisted, moving his hands upwards from Sally's waist to her stomach. “I'm sure that a little pumpkin prince or princess is on their way…”

“Jack, stop it!” Sally said, making herself go stiff and wrenching herself out of Jack's arms “Just stop it!!! I don't like the idea, O.K.? We're not even married!”

Jack looked at her sadly, shocked at her reaction.

“We will be soon,” He said weakly, letting his outstretched arms fall to his side.

“Oh Jack!” She yelled in exasperation “Just- just-leave it. Just leave it.”

Jack watched Sally stormed out of he graveyard, heading out into the streets, where the familiar black cat waited.

“Oh Zero,” Jack sighed, wiping a cold tear falling from his eye socket. He turned and walked back up the curling hill that he had tread so many times, and began to sing:

“I wished forever, we'd be together,

But now I weep, for though it had become,

I fear I'm not the one



(Authors note: Jack, Sally, and Halloween Town do not belong to me. Jack's song based on the original “Sally's Song” From The Nightmare Before Christmas. Chapter Two coming as soon as I find time)

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Dragontine on November 13, 2007, 9:29:07 AM

Dragontine on
DragontineAwwwww! The love is in the air ^o^