Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - In this Town

Jack and Sally are simply meant to be...aren't they?

Chapter 2 - In this Town

Chapter 2 - In this Town


Chapter Two



Sally marched out of the graveyard, holding her head up high and trying to walk in a straight line, but falling because a skinny black cat was trying to wind itself around her legs. She stopped by the fountain, and sat down on the edge of its rim. She sighed deeply and stared into her reflection in the murky water. She remembered the night she first realised she was in love with Jack…last Halloween. She opened her stitched mouth and sang softly:

Skeleton Jack might catch you in the back,

And scream like a banshee,

Make you jump out of your skin…

This is Halloween, everyone scream,

Please make way for a very special guy,

Our man Jack is king of the pumpkin patch

Everyone hail to the Pumpkin King now

This is Halloween, this is Halloween,

Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!

In this town we call home

Everyone hail to the pumpkin song…

She sighed once again and looked sadly at the Engagement ring on her finger.

“He didn't mean to upset me,” She said to the little cat, now on her lap. “He loves me…doesn't he?” The cat meowed and jumped down on the dirty road. The street band far away began to play a soft and sad song, causing Sally to forget all of the nights Traumas…she was thinking of nothing. She was falling asleep…



Jack walked deeper and deeper into the forest, Zero at his heels. The ghost dog barked excitedly, begging to play fetch.


“Not now Zero, I'm not in the mood…” He felt the twinge of Deja vou in his bones, and buried his head in his hands. He looked up at the crescent moon high in the night sky, took a deep breath and walked on. He soon came to the doors, and, making a mental note not to open any of them, decided to take a closer look. There was a turkey, a shamrock, an egg, the familiar Tree, and a big red heart. This one interested Jack. He stepped closer, and stroked the rough wooden surface of the door. Suddenly, Zero flew straight through Jack's middle, and grabbed the door handle in his mouth.

“ZERO!” Jack yelled, grabbing him by the collar “NO!”

But he had already done it. The heart shaped opening swung open, and a sudden gust of spring wind pulled the skeleton and his spirit dog friend inside…down, down, down…





(Authors note: Jack, Sally, Zero, The Doors, and Halloween Town do not belong to me. However, Valentine Town does, as Tim Burton never gave any insight into what was behind the other doors. The song that Sally sings is taken from “This is Halloween” From The Nightmare Before Christmas. Chapter Three coming as soon as possible)

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment