Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Phone Call

Jack and Sally are simply meant to be...aren't they?

Chapter 5 - The Phone Call

Chapter 5 - The Phone Call


Chapter Five

Once she had stopped crying, Sally wandered downstairs. She felt bad about being angry with Jack the night before- and he was right, they were getting married soon…very soon in fact. `How soon?' Sally thought, twisting the pumpkin shaped engagement ring round and round on her finger. She couldn't remember the date of the wedding. `Oh well,' she thought `Jack should be back soon…he'll know the date- won't he?'

Jack ran all the way back through the forest, through the town, not stopping until he reached his own home. Along the way he received calls of: “Jack! Where you going?” and “Hey, Jack, what's the rush?” He had hastily replied “Sorry can't stop!” running on past all sorts of Halloween monsters. He stopped at his door; hand on his chest, breathing heavily. He rang the doorbell.

Sally ran to the door as she heard the familiar screaming ring. She opened the door, and there stood Jack, grinning at her. “Jack!” She said, relieved. He suddenly pulled a bunch of pretty flowers from behind his back, and, drawing a single rose from the bunch and handing it to his fiancée , pulled her into a hug. “I missed you,” Sally said, stroking the skeleton's face with her stitched hand. “I was only away for a night,” Jack said, laughing and placing his bony hand over Sally's. “And that's too long just to think about…” She whispered. Jack smiled, then bent his head and kissed her.

“Riiing! Riiing!!” The phone out in the hallway interrupted the couple's intimate moment. Jack pulled back from Sally, and strode out into the hall. He picked up the boned-shaped receiver, and spoke.

“Hello?” He asked. “Jack? Is that you?” a high-pitched woman's voice floated out of the receiver. Jack froze. “M-mom?” He asked, praying that Sally couldn't hear his mother's booming voice. “Of course it's me you Muffin head!” She screeched “You're as mad as your blooming father!! I never did like you skeletons…” Jack crossed all the fingers on his free hand that the Rag doll wasn't listening. “Uhm,” He said “Not wanting to contradict, but if you hate Skeletons, why did you marry Dad? And why are you calling me??” “He was rich, stupid!” Mrs. Skellington screamed “And YOU'RE getting married!!” Jack nearly screamed, but not wanting Sally to enter the hall, bit his tongue. “H-how did you know about that??” He asked, and, knowing that the reply would be shouted, held the phone away from his ear “IT'S IN THE PAPERS, DUMBO! YOU'RE THE KING OF THIS MISERABLE DUMP! DON'T YOU THINK YOUR MARRIGE MIGHT BE PUBLICISED?” Jack tried to remain calm. “Whatever!” He said, disgusted with the way his mother was reacting. “Don't you talk to me like that!!!” She yelled “I never had trouble like this from Lucius!!” “PERFECT LUCIUS!” Jack roared, clenching his skeletal fist. “HE IS! UNLIKE YOU!! YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE SKELETON!” She replied. “HE'S A SKELETON!!” Jack screamed back “WHY IS HE YOUR FAVOURITE?!?” “HE HAS HAIR!!” His mother exploded “THAT MEANS THAT HE HAS NYMPH BLOOD IN HIM!! HE TAKES AFTER ME!!” “THAT'S NOT FAIR!!” “IT'S PERFECTLY FAIR!! YOU'RE COMING HERE TOMORROW, LIKE IT OR NOT, OR I'LL- AND TRUST ME, I WILL- MAKE SURE THAT THIS IS YOUR LAST YEAR AS KING OF HALLOWEEN!!!!” And with that she slammed down the phone, leaving Jack standing in silence by the humming phone.

Sally ran out into the hallway. “Jack?” She called, as she saw her fiancée slumped on the floor with his head in his hands. “We…” He muttered, raising his head to look at the rag doll “…are going to stay with my
mother!”

(Authors note: Jack and Sally do not belong to be. I own Valentine Town and Jack's mother. Lucius belongs to CharontheSabercat.Chapter six coming soon)


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Dragontine on November 13, 2007, 9:34:59 AM

Dragontine on
DragontineEVIL INLAWS EEEEVVVVVIIIILLLL.....