Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

me and Itspikatard are writing our own Warriors story. We titled it Dead of the Night. I write all the odd number chapters, and she writes all the even number chapters.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1
“Icepaw! Icepaw!”
The blue she-cat woke up with a startle. She quickly rose her head. She looked around the apprentices den.
“Icepaw!” She heard someone yowl. Soon, she saw her brother, Cloudpaw, poking his head into the den.
“Come on, Lazy fur-ball!” Cloudpaw hissed. Icepaw looked at him, twitching her whiskers. Cloudpaw rolled his eyes. Icepaw noticed a hint of amusement in his gaze.
“Wintershine wants you to go on a patrol. She sent me to fetch you. But I guess sleeping is more important to you.”
Icepaw rose up from her nest. “I’m coming,” she replied. She raced out of the den, knocking her brother over. She purred in amusement. She saw Wintershine, Crowheart, Redfur, and Rainmist waiting at the entrance of camp. Cloudpaw got up, then raced towards the fresh-kill pile. Icepaw felt her own stomach growl. She turned towards the fresh-kill pile.
“Oh no you don’t!” She heard Wintershine call. She turned her head around, and glanced at the white she-cat.
“But Wintershine, I’m hungry.” Icepaw mewed.
“Then you should of woken earlier,” Wintershine replied, lashing her tail. “Now come on the patrol, then we’ll see.”
Icepaw sighed, then padded towards her mentor. Out of the corner of her eye, She noticed Spottedflower sitting near the nursery, watching Blackflower’s kit, Nightkit and Shadekit, play.
“I miss my kits….” She heard Spottedflower murmur to herself.
‘Kits? What kits?’ Icepaw thought.

Wintershine led the patrol along the edge of their border.
“Wait!” Crowheart hissed. Icepaw turned to him.
“What is it, Crowheart?” Wintershine asked.
“I smell…. BlizzardClan!” he growled. “They’ve crossed the border!”
Icepaw tasted the air. Crowheart was correct. There was a scent of BlizzardClan, but it was faint.
“They were hear a while ago,” Rainmist mewed. Crowheart growled.
“I bet they were stealing prey!” he hissed.
“Should Miststar launch an attack?” Redfur asked.
‘is there gonna be a battle?’ Icepaw thought. She was a little afraid of fighting bigger warriors.
“We’ll tell Miststar once we get back to camp. She might challenge them at the Gathering tomorrow night,”
“she better….” Crowheart growled, then padded away. Icepaw followed him along with the rest of the patrol. Redfur and Rainmist were gossiping as they walked behind.
Crowheart suddenly stopped. So did Wintershine.
“What is it…?” She asked. Icepaw heard Crowheart screech in anger, then he leapt into the bushes. Soon a BlizzardClan cat fell. Icepaw didn’t recognize the cat.
“Swiftfoot!” Redfur hissed. Icepaw recognized the name Swiftfoot. He was BlizzardClan deputy! Swiftfoot leaped up to Crowheart, and clawed his face. Crowheart let out an angry wail. He sprang at the deputy, knocking him into the snow. Once he fell, Crowheart launched himself at Swiftfoot. Swiftfoot rolled onto his back, and kicked Crowheart away with his hind legs. He swiftly got up on his paws, then leaped at Crowheart. Icepaw felt her heart beat fast. Wintershine leaped at Swiftfoot, but a gray tabby tom leaped in her way. He knocked her to the ground, then sliced his claws across her face. Wintershine yowled in pain. Redfur and Rainmist quickly leaped into the fight. Icepaw stepped back.
‘its just two against four… we’ll win… right?’
Icepaw heard more screeching. Soon, she saw two more BlizzardClan charging at them. Icepaw quickly ran towards one of them. She leaped at a light brown BlizzardClan tom apprentice. He didn’t fall back. Icepaw was shocked. The tom snarled. He reached out a forepaw, and slashed his paw at Icepaw’s face, claws unsheathed. Then he quickly turned around, and slid his hind legs under her front. Icepaw lost her balance, then fell to the ground. The tom stood over her. Icepaw quickly leaped up, and bit his throat. He yowled in agony. Icepaw quickly pushed him away. She turned, and started running away. Soon, she felt hard paws on her shoulders, forcing her to the ground. She shrieked. Icepaw quickly twisted around, and leaped on her paws. The BlizzardClan apprentice drew his lip back in a snarl, then launched himself at her. Icepaw leaped back. She sunk her teeth into his neck, then tossed him back. He fell back, and crashed his head into a huge rock behind him. He fell to the ground. Icepaw noticed blood coming from the back of his head.
“THORNPAW!!” She heard a BlizzardClan cat yowled. She saw a white BlizzardClan she-cat with a blue-gray face running towards Thornpaw. Icepaw walked towards him. He’s body was motionless. Blood was pouring out from the back of his head. Icepaw gasped in horror. Thornpaw was dead!
“You MONSTER!” The BlizzardClan she-cat hissed. Icepaw backed up. She turned her head away, and crouched down.
“I didn’t mean too……. It was an accident…… I would never kill anyone on purpose!”
The she-cat snarled. She prepared at attack, until Swiftfoot called to her. Icepaw noticed Crowheart chasing a gray tabby tom. The tom stopped when he saw Thornpaw. He ran to Thornpaw and buried his nose in the apprentice’s fur. He looked up and glared at Icepaw.
“You……!” he snarled. The BlizzardClan she-cat hissed at Icepaw.
Wintershine, Redfur, and Rainmist stepped in front of Icepaw.
“Leave!” Wintershine hissed. She unsheathed her claws. Redfur and Rainmist snarled at the BlizzardClan cats. Crowheart raced towards them. Swiftfoot looked at the SnowClan cats. “Don’t think this battle is over!” he snarled, then ran away towards BlizzardClan territory. The gray tabby tom picked up Thornpaw’s body, and followed along with the she-cat.
Wintershine turned to Icepaw. “Are you alright?” she asked. Icepaw nodded. Crowheart looked at her. He noticed how she was afraid.
“Are you upset because you kill that BlizzardClan apprentice?”
Icepaw looked at him, with her big blue eyes. “I didn’t mean to kill him!”
Crowheart purred. “he probably deserved it. Besides, he shouldn’t of trespassed. You‘ll probably have to kill more before you become an elder.”
‘Are you trying to make me feel better?!’ Icepaw thought to herself. Crowheart wasn’t helping her. She knew that true warriors didn’t have to kill to win a battle, but she believed that he didn’t know that.
“Can we just go home?” Icepaw asked.
“We still have more territory we need to patrol,” Wintershine replied.
“But I wanna go home!”
Wintershine sighed. Then Rainmist spoke up.
“I’ll take her back to camp,” she offered. Wintershine nodded.
“Fine then…” Wintershine meowed, then led the rest of the patrol away. Rainmist padded towards camp. Icepaw followed.
“Do you know why they trespassed?” Icepaw asked.
“Well… I guess its because of leaf bare.” Rainmist replied. Icepaw looked to the ground. Rainmist looked at her.
“I know you must feel awful after killing Thornpaw,” Rainmist mewed. Icepaw sighed. She wished that Rainmist wouldn’t of brought THAT up.
“I felt awful when I first killed at cat… I had only been a warrior for a quarter moon,” Rainmist continued. Icepaw looked up at her. She never thought that Rainmist had killed any cat. But she was interested in hearing Rainmist’s story.
“What happened?” Icepaw asked.
“Well….. There were these rogues. I was on a hunting patrol, when they attacked us. We fought for what seemed like forever…”
“So… how did he die?”
“I forgot.” Rainmist replied. Icepaw purred in amusment.
“But why feel bad about killing a rogue?” she asked.
“I dunno. After I killed him, I felt really guilty.”
Icepaw purred. Suddenly, she saw a rabbit, out of the corner of her eye. She was surprised to see a rabbit. There were rarely rabbits in SnowClan territory. Icepaw stopped. She flicked her tail towards the rabbit before Rainmist could say anything. Icepaw quickly dropped into a hunters crouch, and stalked towards the rabbit. The rabbit didn’t notice her. It was too busy digging through the snow, trying to find food. Icepaw quickly leaped at the rabbit. She pinned it to the ground, and killed it with one blow. She picked up its body, and padded to Rainmist. Rainmist purred.
“That was great, Icepaw!”
Icepaw purred, though her purr was choked by the rabbit. They padded back to camp.

Some of the cats rose their heads, and looked at Icepaw as she carried the rabbit back. Cloudpaw ran up to her, along with Mosspaw and Mousepaw.
“Awesome catch, Icepaw!” Cloudpaw meowed. “We have eat that tonight.”
Icepaw shook her head, then dropped the rabbit. Mousepaw sniffed the rabbit.
“How come we can’t eat that tonight? It will keep our bellies full until sunhigh tomorrow!”
Icepaw shook her head. She flicked her ears, hearing paw-steps coming towards her. She turned, seeing Miststar, SnowClan’s leader.
“Well done, Icepaw.” Miststar purred. “You can take that to the elders den. Then tomorrow night, I want you to come to the Gathering.”
Icepaw’s eyes sparkled in delight. She picked up the rabbit, and trotted towards the elders den. She was proud of herself. She entered the elders den, then dropped the rabbit. Coldbreath looked at the rabbit, then her.
“That BETTER be for us!” He mewed, coldly. Ivytail rolled her eyes.
“Of course its for us, you stupid fur-ball,” she smirked. “If it wasn’t, then young Icepaw here wouldn’t of bothered bringing it to us.”
Coldbreath twitched his whiskers, then got up, and took the rabbit. He dropped it near his nest.
“Well… you can go now, apprentice.” he meowed. Ivytail hit him with her tail.
“knock it off, Coldbreath. At least Icepaw was generous enough to bring us a rabbit,” She turned to Icepaw. “Want to share?” she offered. Coldbreath snorted. Icepaw purred, then padded towards Ivytail. She leaned down, and shared the rabbit with the two elders. She soon decided to let the elders finish the rest of the rabbit, and she would go grab a vole later.
“So, Icepaw. What happened on today’s patrol?” Ivytail asked. Icepaw explained all that happened.
“Those fox-hearted thieves!” Coldbreath snorted. “Why can’t they keep to their own territory?!”
“No one knows why, Coldbreath,” Ivytail replied. Coldbreath looked up.
“I see Icepaw’s patrol is back,” he mewed. Icepaw looked up. She wanted to be their when the patrol told Miststar about BlizzardClan invading. She stood up, said good-bye to the elders, then padded out of the den. She noticed Wintershine, Redfur, and Crowheart standing in front of Miststar.

“WHAT?!” she heard Miststar hiss. She guessed that Wintershine already must of told her.
“Those stupid cats!” Miststar continued. Icepaw could tell that she was angry, so she decided to stay away. She soon saw Miststar leap on HighBoulder.
“BlizzardClan has invaded today. Luckily Wintershine’s patrol drove them off, and Icepaw killed one of their cats.”
‘Oh no!’ Icepaw thought. ‘Why did she have to bring up THAT?! Why did Wintershine tell her!’ Miststar looked down at Icepaw.
‘am I gonna be punished’
Miststar purred. “Well done,”
Icepaw was shocked. Miststar was happy that Icepaw accidentally killed Thornpaw. Icepaw looked around. A lot of cats gazed at her. She felt embarrassed.
“From now on, we must double the patrols!” Miststar added. She looked down at her cats. “And if anyone sees any BlizzardClan on our land, drive them off!”
The cats yowled in agreement. Miststar paused, then continued. “Now I shall announce who is going to tomorrow nights Gatherings. Bluefrost, Featherfrost, Wintershine, Icepaw, Cloudpaw, Mistytail, Spottedflower, Crowheart, Foxtail, Stonefoot, and Frozenwhisker.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment