Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Waiting

FIRST STORY EVA. D8

Excuse any cheesyness or gramatical errors...I'm a n00b when it comes to writing... ^^;

Nyaaa~ -.-

Chapter 1 - Waiting

Chapter 1 - Waiting
As she started to walk home from her friends party Mina looked at her watch. “That’s strange,” she said quietly to herself, “there’s no way it’s still only 5:45, if it were that time it would still be light out.”

She looked up at the sky and sighed. There were no stars to be seen, just huge, dark swollen clouds. “I just know it’s gonna rain.” She looked back down at her watch, it was at that moment she realised the seconds hand wasn’t moving. It had stopped. “Damn it!” She yelled throwing it furiously at the ground. “Knowing my luck the last bus has already gone!” She felt tears welling up in her eyes, and whispered shakily, “how am I supposed to get home now?”

It was her best friend’s 16th birthday and her parent’s had arranged a party at the town hall, miles away from where Mina lived. She wouldn’t be able to walk home, and it would be useless going back to the hall since everyone would already have left. ‘I suppose I should go sit at the bus stop anyway, it might still turn up,’ she thought, wiping her eyes as she started to walk.

Reaching the bus stop she sat down, rubbing her hands together in an attempt to keep warm. She had chosen the most inappropriate outfit for the time of year, a tank top with her midriff showing, a skirt that covered barely half her thighs and high heeled sandals.

Just then she felt a slight tingling sensation on her side followed by the sound of tubular bells. “My phone,” she said, her voice filled with happiness and relief. She quickly took her bag of her shoulder and began fishing around, pulling it out she pressed accept and put it to her ear, “hello,” she said, “hello? Is anyone there?” there was no answer, she lowered the phone to look at it, the screen was completely blank. Bowing her head into her hands she felt tears running down her cheeks.

“You ok?” asked a voice, placing a hand on her shoulder, startled, she spun round slamming him up against the wall of the bus stop, and grabbing his arm she twisted it behind his back. “Stay away from me creep!” she yelled, no longer sad but filled with rage. “Mina stop, please!” the boy begged, “it’s me!” Slowly loosening her grip, Mina began to realise exactly who it was, “Torin?” she asked, “Oh god, Torin, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know, I thought it was…”
“I know, it’s ok.” He said as she released him. Taking several steps backwards, she breathed a sigh of relief.

And then it hit her, Torin Kanan, the most popular boy in school, was actually talking to her, she could feel her face burning and her heart start to beat faster, “Something wrong?” He asked, approaching her again, gently brushing his hand across her cheek, “You’ve gone awfully red.” He laughed softly “What? N-no, nothing’s wrong, I’m fine” she replied, pulling away and sitting back down at the bus stop.

Glancing back round at him, her wide eyes narrowed slyly at him. “So what’re you doing here anyway?” Smiling, he sat down next to her. “Just out for a stroll.”
“A stroll? In this part of town? But you live nowhere near here.” She stated. He just smiled.
For a long while there was silence between the two. It was broken by the sound of hissing and tires screeching to a stop. “The bus!” Mina yelled with joy. The doors opened and she rushed on to it. Turning back round she looked at Torin. “So… I guess I’ll see you some other time then”

“Ha!” Came a voice from the back of the bus. “Like Torin Kanan would really waste his time hanging out with the likes of you!” Even before turning around, Mina could tell exactly who it was that said that to her. Raina Aurelia. The ‘Queen’ of the school, daughter of one of the wealthiest men she knew. “Yeah, of course he wouldn’t,” She replied, “what was I thinking?” Looking around her, she noticed the lack of seats. Only one row remained, the one right in front of Raina. She sat down with great anticipation. Hearing all of this, Torin jumped on to the bus, his sneakers skidding across floor, due to the muddy footprints that were caused by the continuous flow of people coming on and off the vehicle from the wet and dreary streets. Once he got his footing, he stormed across the bus, taking hold of Mina’s arm, lifting her to her feet and walking back across the bus to the door. “W-what on Earth are you doing Torin?” Asked a slightly startled Mina. “That’s almost exactly what I was going to say” Came Raina’s shocked and angered voice from the back of the bus. “I’m taking Mina away from you and your ‘cronies’, so she doesn’t have to face whatever nasty comments you had in store for her.” She looked at him, speechless. Why was he standing up for her like this?

He stepped down off the bus, helping Mina down along with him. “What’s going on Torin?” Mina asked. “You’ve been acting so strange since we met up today. Turning up out of nowhere, standing up against Raina for me. I just want to know w-“ Pausing, she realised something. He was still holding her hand, from when he helped her down from the bus. Following her eyes he too realised what he was doing. Snatching his hand away he turned and began muttering something to himself. “Torin?” Mina said gently. “I-I need to tell you something Mina” Torin stuttered. “For along time I’ve… well I watch you a lot at school… ” Mina’s eyes widened at this. “Oh no, not in that way!” He laughed nervously. “It’s not like I’m stalking you or anything. What I meant to say was, I care about you,” He placed his hand on her cheek. “and that, I want to be with you.” She opened her mouth, but Mina couldn’t seem to get the words out. She was stunned. “If you don’t feel the same, it’s fine, as long as we can still be fri-“ He was cut off by Mina’s lips softly brushing his own.

After a while of embracing, the two separated, staring into each others eyes. “Come on Mina, we’d best get you home, your mum will have a fit otherwise.” Torin laughed. “But how?” Mina asked, looking around her. “The bus left already.”
“Oh yeah, about that…” He looked sheepishly at the ground. “Well my car’s round the corner.”
“What?” Mina asked, puzzled. “Well I sort of lied when I said I was out for a stroll. I came here to see you. I knew you’d be here, since it’s the closest bus stop to where your friends’ party was. I planned to catch you by yourself, so I could tell you everything, with no interruptions.” Chuckling, Mina wrapped her arms around Torin’s. “Come on Romeo, let’s go home.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment