Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter III: Enlightenment Part II: The Morning Star

Just a weird little story...

Chapter 4 - Chapter III: Enlightenment Part II: The Morning Star

Chapter 4 - Chapter III: Enlightenment Part II: The Morning Star
Chapter III: Enlightenment Part II: The Morning Star



In this cell, the darkness gives way to light. Tomorrow comes home with a prize from the fight. She searches the name and once again nothing clicks. Divided into unequal halves, the book is opened. Out flies the dust of the once grand home that was leveled at her whim. Unfamiliar with the custom, starting from the center is the thing to do. Upon searching the words, she finds the story intriguing. A story of a man who taught many men. For a simple character, this man seemed intelligent. He even seemed powerful. Of course, power is what draws her. But she didn't like this character because of his power for some reason. No...there was more to it. More to Him then she knew...But what was it? Perhaps the start of the book would tell the start of his life?
And so it went. She read, and grew fascinated. This book told the beginning, it told the history, it told of this Man's life. At the great climax of the story, she found that she felt a strange feeling. This feeling was one she did not like. She was taken over by automatic heavy intakes of air, and water dripped from her almost lifeless eyes. The Character had been apparently over taken by the enemy. The enemy who had appeared throughout the story and teased many an innocent's mind. But when the Character rose from what looked like defeat, she felt another feeling. This feeling she liked. This feeling was happiness.
The more she read, the more she began to think of what the Character said. It seemed true enough to live by. But it also denounced her own past actions. For this, she regretted. And it made her think more of what she was doing. Was she created solely for the purpose of this vile sin known as murder?

As she slept one night, a dream took hold of her subconsciousness. She stood in darkness. The air felt uncomfortable, yet at the same time, addicting. She was drawn to a single point of light. There stood a figure. The figure glowed, and was beautiful. He turned to her with a smile that screamed lies. "Dear young one. Listen, and listen well. You read lies and curses so spare no time in thought." Staring reactions took place in that void. She replied, "Who are you to tell me what to think?" Laughs incinerated her confidence as he said back, " Young one, I am the Morning Star. You need not worry. Follow me, and I promise you all power of the world."
But then light shone through the emptiness, eliminating the vision so as indicate the time of day. Tomorrow crawled from her bed, with new thoughts at heart.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CanIGetAWitness101 on June 7, 2006, 8:17:59 PM

CanIGetAWitness101 on
CanIGetAWitness101sad part is, that's the truth about the whole world.Â