Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Moving out

A Lenore Fan-fic

Chapter 1 - Moving out

Chapter 1 - Moving out
Welcome to the family
By Sonata

Chapter one

This story is a strange one, about a young woman who decides to move out and when she does, gains a new family and has to learn to adjust to the weird goings on, this story starts in her house. Hello and today on Melba television I am going to take you to meet my big sister Malakai I said with a big smile, Hi, I'm Melba a young girl whose going to be the next great director, I turned my video camera away from myself put it up to my eye and started to run up to my sis's room. "Now it's easy to spot Mals room because the door is black and has KEEP OUT written in what looks like blood, but it's just red paint and I should know I was there when she painted it." I said, after a minute of running and opening my, mom and sis apartment door, I quietly opened Mals door and got just out of arms reach of her, it's early in the morning so she's still asleep.

"This is my sister Malakai, or as I call her Mal, you see Mal is a Goth, she's mean, she wares black and other dark colors all the time, her hair is always in her face so people have a hard time seeing how pretty she is, she hates wearing dresses, loves to dance she knows so many types of dancing, she has a lot of leg strength, ya see she has metal sole boots that are like a billon pounds. I can't even lift them and those are some of the only shoes she wears, she's fearless and hates to be surprised by weird stuff, cause she tends to freak out sometimes" I explained excitedly, then I took a deep breath and continued, "and last she is always forcing herself to be alone" I said kinda sadly. "Anyway lets get a closer look at her" I said as I got closer to her, I put the camera right in front of her face. "If I'm lucky she won't wake up cause if she does she'll kill me" just as I said that Mal woke up, so I quickly bolted for the door as she started yelling at me. "WHAT ARE DOING TAPING ME SLEEPING YOU LITTLE FREAK, I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GONNA SHOVE THAT CAMERA DOWN YOUR THROAT" Mal screamed, she slammed the door after me as I ran out.


"I can't believe she woke me up" I yawned as I looked at the clock, "well, at least I'm up" I sighed as I got dressed. I decided to ware my long dark blue shirt with black short sleeves, black shorts and of course my arm and leg stockings, I wear them every day. After that I decided to eat breakfast today so I went to the kitchen and pulled my hair brush out of the sink no ones ever really known how my brush keeps getting their but everyone stopped caring. "Is mom commimg home today?" I mused, "She will be" Mel replied with a smile. After I finished brushing my hair in to a ponytail mom came bursting through the door. "I'M BAAAAACK DID YA MISS ME" mom said with the same stupid smile Mel had on her face.

"WE DID I'd hug you but I'm using the frying pan" Mel yelled happily, "mom I need to ask you something" I said in a serious tone, "uh, ok" she said sounding surprised, "well you know this apartment is really small, I mean the only reason I have my own room is because your never home enough to use as yours and Mel likes the fold out couch too much So...." but I was cut off by mom, "you wanna move out" she said in that I know, mom voice. "Yeah" I said quietly, "you know I did the same thing when I was your age but it wasn't because my house was too small, I was just tired of the same thing everyday" mom said as she sipped her coffee. "Thanks" I said quietly, I went to my room to pack up, mom could always read me like an open book, Mel could do it to but she wasn't as good. When I went out the front door Mel ran up and hugged me thus leaving her breakfast on the stove making it catch fire, yet again. Mom told me the bulletin board out front had ads on it for houses with rooms from rent as she casually put a pan on the fire without looking toward the stove, because she was so used to Mel setting breakfast on fire.

I looked for awhile for the cheapest rent, then a paper caught my eye it was yellow with cats on the border and it had sloppy writing on it that said "ROOM FOR RENT, RENT PAY NOTHING" I knew it had to be a joke but I didn't care, I had nothing to lose, so I ripped the paper off the board and followed the directions on the back. It lead me to a large rickety Mansion, I took a deep breath and knocked on the door, I was greeted by a young girl with very pale skin, short blond hair, skull barrettes and a short black and white dress. "I'm here about the room for rent" I said, "woo whoo, come on in" she said as she stepped out of my way "I'm Lenore" she said with a familiar stupid grin on her face, "I'm Malakai" I replied as I stepped in and looked around. "My friend has a pet named Malakai" Lenore laughed, "really" I said sounding uninterested, "EVERYBODY, SOMEONE PICKED UP THE RENT THINGY" Lenore shrieked as loud as she could, her suddenness made me flinch a little bit.

Just then a tall man with a deer head where his head should have been came down the stairs and shook my hand and introduced himself as Taxidermy, he had a very creepy accent. My eyes were wide open cause I couldn't tell if the head was real or fake, and then a small doll walked in on his own and introduced himself as Ragamuffin. I started to back up but I bumped into something I spun around to see a monster who held up a muffin and said "LOOK MUFFINS", I looked at Lenore who said "I'm a zombie", with a big smile on her face, I dropped my things and said loudly "oh my god, this can't be real" then Taxidermy walked up, put his hand on my shoulder and said "of course this is real, what do you think we are doing playing pretend" as he said that and I ran down the nearest hallway till I couldn't see or hear them anymore. "Ok" Lenore calmly said "let's take a vote, all wanting her to leave say aye" everyone said aye and raised their hand, "all opposing?" she mused "nay" Ragamuffin said, everyone turned to stare at him. "Come on let's just give her a chance, so she freaked out, it's not like it hasn't happened before, I mean if we kicked out everyone who freaked none of us would live here" he said.

Everyone looked at each other for a minute or two and decided to let her stay, "Ragamuffin why did you convince us to let her stay?" Lenore said slyly, "I don't know, theirs just something about her I like" Ragamuffin said. "Go tell her she can stay, oh and her name is Malakai" Lenore ordered he found me sitting on the floor my back against the wall my head in my arms. "Hey" he said, "are you here to tell me I have to leave" I snapped barely looking at him "cause you don't need to". "No, actually I'm here to tell you I convinced everyone to let you stay" he said, I looked up at him and said suspiciously "you-you did, why?", "I'm not sure, theirs something about you I like" he said with a smile, I got on my hands and knees so I'd be near eye level with him and kindly said "thank you", "um, y-you're welcome" he said nervously. I got up and started to walk away, but I stopped and for some reason and looked over my shoulder to see if Ragamuffin was behind me, he was but he but he hadn't moved was just standing there it looked like he was thinking.

I snapped a few times trying to get his attention but it didn't work, so I clapped loudly and yelled at him "HEY YOU COMMIN OR NOT", he looked over his shoulder and ran up to my side. I asked him what was up and he told me "lately I've been getting this weird feeling something bad is gonna happen I know it's not you cause, I just got it again". Then I finally decided to ask him, "so, what’s up with the whole living doll thing you from a Chucky movie or something?" that's when he told me he was a very powerful vampire who was put under the curse of a witch whose sister he ate, what he told me was short, sweet, simple and to the point so I felt no reason to care, so I didn't change my bored expression, as we turned what felt like the hundredth corner I saw everyone in that room just, talking, and all my stuff propped up in a small pile, then two thoughts hit me, I think, I may, just may like living here and, this must be the bad feeling Ragamuffin says he keeps having, that something wicked this way comes.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment