Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - I'm getting used to it

A Lenore Fan-fic

Chapter 2 - I'm getting used to it

Chapter 2 - I'm getting used to it

Chapter two 

As I walked into the room everyone turned to stare at me, a horrible awkward silence fell, after a few minutes of staring, I picked up my bags and Lenore finally broke the silence, she took my hand started to lead me down a hall and while saying “we have a lot of empty rooms but I think I know the perfect room for you”, we turned a couple corners and she lead me to a door with a gothic pattern on it, was like something from the 1900’s or some Voctorian thing. She opened the door to show me a large room, it had a nice bed and a big vanity dresser it had the same designs as the door and bed. I walked in and took a look around, dropped my things in a corner and sat on the bed.

“So do you like the room? Good unpack anytime you want bye”, Lenore said as she left. I quickly put my clothes in the dresser and set out to find the closest bathroom, for stomach problems. I walked for around for a while ‘till I finally found it, I had nothing else to do so I went back to my room and changed into my ballet outfit, pulled my hair up into a bun and put on a light coat so no one could see my dress and picked up my stereo. Then I looked for Lenore, when I finally found her I asked “is there an empty room with a lot of windows somewhere in this castle you call a home?” I asked.

“Um, hmm”, she hummed, we stood there for five minutes until she finally said “OH YEAH DIS WAY” and stood like she was gonna run, but just walked off. On our way there Lenore talked and talked and talked, she asked me a couple of questions and I always answered with none of your business, half the time I didn’t know what she was saying so I just nodded my head. When we got there she opened a door and walked off still babbling to herself, I went in the room and saw a dance studio it must be old and unused because there was dust and dirt everywhere and the window had some cracks, I thought it was strange that the whole right wall was mostly made of glass there was hardly any wall.

I turned my stereo on, it already had an Enya cd in it, put my coat on the floor and I danced for what seemed like hours, and was hours, I was so wrapped up in what I was doing that I didn’t notice that someone had come in and was watching me. After a couple of minutes I turned around and saw him and to my surprise that Lenore and Ragamuffin were watching me! I lost my balance and fell; I quickly stood up and quickly said “how long have you been there?” Ragamuffin blankly replied “awhile” I walked over to my stereo stepped on the pause button and clenched my hands, preparing myself for them to laugh at me like everyone else. But shockingly Ragamuffin just said sounding surprised “wow, you’re good, how long have you been dancing?” I spun around and looked up, usually I would’ve just said none of your business, but for some reason I cupped my hands and softly answered “.......all....my life.” Then Lenore said “WOW, you’re gooder than me, could you teach me to dance like that?”, usually I’d say no but I just couldn’t, all i could say was “I’ll sleep on it” then Lenore raised an eyebrow and asked “how can you sleep on dance lessons?”

I raised a finger and opened my mouth to answer, but before I could say anything Ragamuffin said “just ignore her, now come on dinners here” I figure that’s the reason they were looking for me “we have Chinese takeout” Lenore smiled, I didn’t bother to change so we went straight the dining room, I ate quietly and thought about what Ragamuffin said about my dancing and Lenores question, and why I responded so differently than how I usually would. Then something weird happened, I got the feeling we were being watched. I turned around to the window and I saw someone duck out of site, I didn’t pay it any heed so I went back to eating. When we were done Lenore passed out fortune cookies she opened hers first and read aloud “you’re gonna die” she stared at it for a second, threw it behind her and said “little late for that”, Ragamuffin’s said “you’re in love” he stared at it and screamed “THIS ISN’T MINE” Lenore started to make fun of him and then they started to yell and swear at each other.

I screamed shut up and cracked my cookie, I read aloud “you’re life is taking a turn for the better” I yawned and dropped the paper on the table and said I was going to bed. I changed into my night clothes and let my hair down; I noticed my stomach was hurting, I really hope that old problem I had isn’t coming back. I turned the lights out and lied down, I thought "really, is my life taking a turn for the better", then I heard voices one sounded like Lenores and, I don’t know, but it had to be someone I didn’t meet and then Lenore started to yell angrily, then I heard Ragamuffin, he was angry from when he first spoke and then I heard some glass breaking, angry screams and running toward my room.

Then something ran into my room, I bolted up right and stared at him, he was a human sized sock puppet thing with button eyes, he had glass in his head and blood running down his face. He wiped some of the blood from his forehead and said “Ragamuffin can be so violent sometimes.” He looked up, for some reason he noticed me just now, he said “oh my I’m sorry I was just-wait you’re the one who was eating dinner with my Lenore and why are you here, ARE YOU A ROBBER”, I raised an eyebrow because what he said sounded so incredibly stupid just as I was about to answer him Lenore and Ragamuffin kicked my door open and Lenore said “Malakai throw the stupid Mr. Gosh out the window”, I didn't argue because in did want to throw him out the window, I grabbed his collar and threw him out the window, glass went everywhere. Lenore happily yelled "GOOD THROW" and told me who Mr. Gosh was, Ragamuffin suggested I stay in Lenore’s room ‘till the window’s replaced, I agreed and slept on her floor.

Just before I fell asleep I realized why I acted differently today I was given the compliments about my dancing that I dreamed of getting and, I finally got them and it made me happy. Just before I went to sleep Lenore sleepily said "I'm sorry about the weird stuff that happened with dumb Mr. Gosh I guess that the last grave we bruied him in wasn't deep enough" I colsed my eyes and mused "It's okay, a lot of weird stuff happened today, I'm getting used to it."  That night I had a dream of the last thing dad said to me before he went to the army,
“Malakai daddy’s gonna go away for a while but I want you to do something for me,” “yes daddy” I answered with a big smile, “I want you to be strong and self-reliant, I don’t want you to constantly depend on me and your mother like you have been, but with me leaving you need to be stronger than you are, I want you to stop depending on others and depend more on your self, but” Dad said solmely, and then I worke up, that dream always ended there, those were the words I lived by, I slowly sat up and covered my face with my hands

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment