Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Box

A Time-Master from an unknown year comes to 2009 to fix the world's problems, such as pollution. He is tricked by a greedy patent officer and the officer claims it as his own.
What will happen, read!

Chapter 1 - The Box

Chapter 1 - The Box
The Box

Gerald finished nailing the wood into the plaster. It was finally completed, the invention that would remove pollution, the invention that would give plenty to the needy, that would change the world a thousand-fold. It looked like an ordinary box; in fact it was a box, inside out. The only difference was that Gerald, being a time-master, had crammed all the great technology of the future into an anti-paradox box.
Gerald started pulling the box into his grey Honda and revved up the machine. He set it from Time Travel to Casual Driving. Gerald started cruising down the tar roads of 2009, looking forward to finally fixing up the earths problems.
Gerald arrived at the Invention Patenting office which was three miles from the White House. He strolled in with his pride and joy. The receptionist was curious and a little suspicious about the box and what might be inside it, yet she didnt hesitate to make a booking for Gerald.
Gerald waited in the office for what seemed like centuries, but eventually a man by the name of Liam Wimbledon was ready to see him. Gerald walked eagerly down the hallway with his box.
Gerald closed the door behind him and sat on the chair without being offered. Liam sat down and got out some documents that he knew might need to be signed soon. Young man said Liam with curiosity, What might your new world changing invention be?
Gerald patted the top of the box, This is a revolutionary box that can change the world. Now son Liam said, A lot of people can say that it will change the world, but unfortunately not all of their ideas are practical. What invention have you made that can outdo these others?
Well, Gerald responded with great excitement, This may look like your average box, but I assure you, it is far from it.
Liam nodded and started thinking that the guy was a nutcase, but he couldnt get rid of him until he presented the invention properly, What does it do son?
It does anything you want  literally - if it doesnt break the delicate silks of practicality and logic replied Gerald.
Liam thought that this guy definitely belonged to the nearest lunatic asylum, Now son that is just outside practical in itself, but Gerald still persisted that he continued,
I can prove that this invention can do anything. It has everything from the beginning of creation to the end of time and the collapse of worlds Gerald then tapped twice on the box and a soda pop flew right out of the box. Liam thought it was rigged and then imagined a huge chilli dog.
Right then said Liam, if you can make it work by giving me what I want then Ill be half convinced
Well then responded Gerald with no hesitation to stop him, Tap it twice and it will give you anything you want.
Liam walked over and gave it two taps. Out popped a nice hot chilli dog with melted cheese, mustard, barbeque sauce, tomato sauce and no onions, just how he liked it. He was amazed, there was only one chilli dog stand that made this kind of quality chilli dogs and it was in Arizona. Liam had a devious scheme to steal the machine. Liam shook hands with Gerald and told him to pick it up tomorrow with the patent.
Gerald walked out with high spirits. He would become the first time-master to fix human errors and become famous amongst billions of humans. Gerald was jumping and kicking his heels as he walked towards the grey, old-looking Honda. Soon after, Liam was driving three miles towards the White House where he would present Geralds invention but claim it as his own. The Box was shacking though, as if it was realising what was happening and it didnt like it.
Gerald switched on the television and skipped through the channels when suddenly, a news break came onto air. Gerald noticed that his invention was being shown, but the name and face of Liam appeared instead of Gerald. He thought it was a mistake at first until he checked the other channels and realised that every single report had Liam Wimbledon on it. He was furious that Liam would steal his invention, but he was also scared. The Box was unstable and could cause a reaction to the evil, greedy emotions. Gerald ran out of the building and straight to the Honda. He set it to Supersonic and jetted off at top speed.
Liam was getting flowers and trophies for his great invention. Gerald was part way to the Whitehouse at the speed of sound. He quickly stopped the car and stopped just in front of the House.
Liam stood on the stage, feeling quite pleased that he had stolen the greatest invention of time and had claimed it as his own. The paparazzi were serving questions like a gun; questions just didnt stop, even when he asked for silence. Eventually the news reporters settled down and Liam started speaking into the microphone. It is a great honour for ME to have thought of this brilliant invention. This could well be the invention that changes the course of history. Gerald slammed the car door shut and ran straight to the stage.
And now without further ado, I will open The Box and release the technology of the future. Gerald got to the stage but he was too late. Liam opened the crate and white light flooded the perimeter. Liam was overcome by the sudden light and The Box was starting to drag him in.
Gerald grabbed onto a pole and reached out his hand. Liam grabbed it but due to the sweat from nerves he slipped and fell straight into the box. The Box then settled for a little while. Gerald seized the opportunity to slam the lid shut, and The Box, which was nearly as hot as a supernova, went straight back to average temperature.
The paparazzi were blinded by the sudden light but eventually their eyesight was restored. When they looked around they saw Gerald waving from the Honda. Before he left he threw a piece of paper on the ground which landed beside The Box. He then sped off and went straight down a time stream, never to be seen in 2009 again.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment