Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Marine Hiphoria Oceanairea

Hey, it needed to be done sometime.

Chapter 1 - Marine Hiphoria Oceanairea

Chapter 1 - Marine Hiphoria Oceanairea


--Generic Data--

//Name//

Marine Hiphoria Oceanairea

//Aliases//

Marine, `Rine, Mariney, Marineu

//Name Origin//

Originally an idea from Violet, Marine was actually named after the color of her eyes. As an aquatic animal, Marine also suits her species, her birthplace, and abilities. The word `Oceanairea' is built of two elements. Water (ocean) and wind (air). Combining two elements gave me Oceanair, but as bad as that sounds, I added a `rea' to make it more feminine. Hiphoria is a feminine version of Hiphorsis. The reason for this is because her marine eyes were a gift from him, after her father's praying and such.

//Age//

17 Years Old // Spirit is approximately 1,430 Years Old

//Gender//

Female

//Species//

Anthropomorphic White Seal

//Height // Weight//

5 feet, 11 inches // 176 pounds.

//Location // Means of Transportation//

Marine is really wherever water is. Having a deep love of swimming, and is naturally addicted, she needs to stay wet or else she gets nervous. Mostly staying in Xanedu and the beaches of Envia. Otherwise tagging behind Violet in the Mystic Forests, or elsewhere she goes. // She walks, swims, and also bicycle rides on occasion.

//Date of Birth // Birthplace //

November 11th // The seas of Xanedu

//Star Sign // Chinese Zodiac//

Scorpio the Scorpion // the Rabbit

//Intelligence Quota // Emotional Quota//

98 // 126

//Alliance//

Good/Neutral. Wanting to save her city from the Hiphorsis's wrath, though at the cost of sacrificing a female virgin on the night of the blue moon make her neutral. Only truthfully wanting to save her family, and call revenge upon her ancestor, she does not really wish to be the hero.

--Personal Data--

//Likes//

Water, following, swimming, spiritual/religious practices, revenge, nighttime, stars, agriculture, sleeping and dreaming, Violet, Rya, rivers, lakes, winter, rain, and rainy nights.

//Dislikes//

Acru(her ancestor/the rebel),  technology, advanced world, racism, sexism, her cursed city, Hiphorsis, the night of a blue moon, deserts, summer, lies, betrayal, sacrificing, interruptions.



//Habits//

Forgetting about when a second full moon is approaching/very forgetful, always determined to get what she needs, even if it is the impossible, tuning out of others easily, causing trouble.

//Family // Friends//

Vardekai (mother, living), Sarbes (father, deceased), Amytal (best friend, deceased) // Violet, Scarlett, and Rya (best friend).

//Connections//

Violet // Rya

//Enemies//

Acru // Hiphorsis

//Rival//

None

//Love Life // Sexuality//

Single and not looking, does not try to attach herself to anyone in fear of losing them like she did Amytal // Bisexual.

//Personal Strengths and Weaknesses//

Persevered and determined, Marine can always get what she wants, even if it's at the risk of another. She is very spiritual, and believes that there is a religious or spiritual reason for everything on the planet. Thinking deeply about things, she usually makes the right choices, though she always believes she is right. Very persuasive, Marine can usually get people on her side, even if it's just for an attack. She is also very, very reliable and trustworthy to her friends.

Very self-centered, Marine will do just about anything to help herself and her friends, even if it costs another something, even life. She lets her spiritual beliefs overcome her, and sometimes believes that technology is the work of the Devil, and gets rather angry. She is very difficult to see the other side of things, and very, very stubborn. She also can get lost in her memories, causing a short depression. Her greatest downfall, however, is her extremely short temper.

//Personal Quote//

The crystal will always shine, even in the darkest of waters…

~ Amytal

--Specific Data--

//Physical Appearance//

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/BunnyRabbot/TemperFang/Marine/Marine-RefSheet.jpg

Fur is a white with a blue-ish tint to it. Hair hangs in locks or bunches that sprout from the middle of her head. Water-like patters are printed on the tips of her hair. Triangular ears are usually held down. Sleek build, bubble-like and water splash-like markings are on her body. A marine marking on her stomach also appear in the shape of a small water droplet. Her feet are large and cartoony, and have blue pads on the bottom, resembling a bear's paw. Also, retractable claws help her keep balance on ice. Her tail is approximately the length of her feet to her shoulders, and splits into two fins about three quarters up. A small water-like marking, similar to the one on her neck, is on the left fin.

//Normal Clothing//

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/BunnyRabbot/TemperFang/Marine/Marine

A powder-blue undershirt hangs loosely around her neck, a very thin silver strip that goes across her shoulder area. It just reaches to where her jeans start. A darker blue over shirt hangs very loosely around her shoulder area, sometimes falling down to about her chest area and the sleeves bag at the wrists. A black, thick strip covers her chest area. The over shirt ends right above her waist. She also wears a pair of black jeans that flare out at the bottom. A blue skirt snugly hangs around the jeans, stretching as she walks. Her tail pokes out from under the skirt.

//Irregular Clothing//
Swim Gear/Suit:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/BunnyRabbot/TemperFang/Marine/Marine-AlternateAttire.png

Worn when swimming. Amytal's old normal clothing, given to Marine. Marine wears this when at a formal event, or just when she is going out for a swim. She always wears a Forget-Me-Not in her hair and a water-proof halter-type coat with an ocean type print lining the bottom and a tear drop on the back. Around her forearms, she wears 2 marine buckles.  Underneath the coat, she wears a black bra-type shirt made of cotton, and marine shorts which have white lining.

//Theme Song// Star Struck By Yellowcard

A.W.O.L. by Yellowcard



-- Battle data --



//Dominant Element//

Water



//Battling Style//

Trick the foe into thinking that she is hurt, or possibly on their side. Persuade them to go a bit easier on her. Surprise them with a full-on frontal, slowly powering up for an ultimate attack at the end.

//Weapon and Items//
Sing the Sorrow // A pure silver and stone harmonica, used to rest the spirits of sacrifices. Marine played it to rest the spirit of Amytal. It contains a small piece of the spirits of all that have been rested by it. When played, Marine can create creatures made of ice or water (depending on the spirit's strength and how well she plays) and use them for offensive. She can also use it for defensive purposes, by playing a certain song she can create of barrier of spirits or stone.

Amytal's Teardrop // When sacrifices are made, their tears are sent to The Coursing River, a river where no one may trespass. However, upon discovering Amytal's sacrifice, Marine disobeys Hiphorsis and goes to gather her friend's tear. When taken out of the water, it turned to stone. Worn around her neck, as an earring, or around her tail, it is to remember the great sacrifice her friend made for her. It contains the voice to Amytal, and let's her walk Marine's dreams.

Forget-Me-Not // A flower hidden by all others. It is really not a forget-me-not, but a new species of flower. A deep purple in color, it remains under her skirt at all times, except at the night. It casts a mystic glow when the moonlight hits it, and glows deeply on blue moons. Given as a friendship thing from Amytal.

//Abilities//
Ultimate Attack // Dark Water: A magic attack in which the water around her is turned into a black thick liquid. Burning to the touch, the liquid can dissolve anything it touches, with the exception of water and skin. Very heavy, it takes a long time to turn the water into the liquid. Dark Water takes a lot of time to use/charge and is very energy depleting.


Trademark Move // Water Carving: A magic attack. An ancient art of Marine's city, the ability to take water and create many shapes and forms is useful to Marine. Able to control and create even entire typhoons, Marine uses the power of water carving the most. Used almost daily, Marine can easily use the water around her to do most anything for her. It consumes little energy, but needs great concentration.


Basic Attack // Liquid Whip: A physical attack, Marine can swiftly run up to the foe, throwing a series of punches or kicks to the stomach or head. While distracted, her tail can be used to whip the opponent, usually stunning them as it hits their pressure point.


Supportive Attack // Spirit Flow: A magic defense. Used to heal Marine or others around her. Water runs up the leg of the one who it is being used on, and it begins to replenish their nutrients, giving them more power.



Other // Soul Stealer: Used only on the night of a blue moon. The power of the moon fuses with her single wing that grows to remind her that she needs to make a female virgin sacrifice. Her body becomes imprinted with an ancient language that read the ancient prophecy. Able to suck the souls from any creature and send it to the heavens, this power consumes much energy and takes almost an entire year to recharge. However, on the blue moon it can be used as many times as Marine wishes.



Also a member of the Water Tribes, she can breathe under the water, very useful in underwater battles. She is also able to telekinetically converse/speak with underwater creatures, useful for aiding in battle. Able to change the currents as well, Marine is almost a master of the sea.



//Battle Area//

Strength // Water Area: Gaining physical and magic power from contact with water, Marine is very good in battle in water-based areas. A very good swimmer and able to conceal herself in the water, she would prefer a water area any day.

Strength Increase: 50%

Weakness // Fire Area: Even though water is generally greater then fire, Marine has difficult time in fire-based areas. Easily burned and having a hard time seeing through the smoke, her water would be evaporated anyway.

Strength Decrease: 50%

Average // Grass Area: With water in the roots of plants, yet not a great amount, Marine is average on a grass-based area. Though, easy for physical attacks, she would much rather be in a water area.

Strength: 100%

Good // Ice Area: Although the water in ice is frozen, water still exists in ice-based areas. Getting little power boost from the ice, and very great for swift physical attacks, she rather likes ice areas.

Strength Increase: 25%

So-So // Wind Area: Marine finds it very hard to move in wind-based areas, due to the force of the wind pressing against her. However, water carving is easier.

Strength Decrease: 25%


//Physical Strengths and Weaknesses//

Being a creature of the sea, Marine is very talented in the art of swimming. At over 40 miles per hour, she can swim long distances at a very fast speed. Also able to control water, Marine has a large advantage over fire-based spells and attacks. Her main ability also consumes little energy, letting her use it many times. Having mastered the art of Sing the Sorrow, even with little energy she can continue a battle for an extended period of time. Having being taught most of her abilities to her, she has excelled in them, letting her use more powerful attacks and what not. Equal in physical and magic, she can really go up against any opponent.



However, with a power that is greatly decreased in the absence of water, she must be around it at all times. Taking a lot of time to make decisions, she often hesitates, and it sometimes costs her the battle. Usually concerned more for the wellbeing of Rya, she takes hits as a defense mechanism, making her weaker. Since her magic and physical are balanced out, if you take away one, her overall strength decreases, as well.



--Character Data--

//Character Description//

With the sorrow of her best friend's death, Marine hasn't really had a wonderful life. Very naïve, and a bit of a joker, Marine isn't exactly the kind of person you'd love to tag along with you. Well, Violet has to deal with such a thing. Completely convinced that Violet is the savoir of her city and high hopes linger in her mind. Even though she's very oblivious to the outside world, and even her own world, she's very determined. For example, let's say we're in a debate. Marine will most likely win that debate. She can always find little faults in other's plans and points. Also, she puts what she wants to say very well. She's also very stubborn, so it's sometimes hard to talk with her.  Repetition is one of her favorite ways of getting what she wants. Also very spiritual, Marine incorporates her religion and spiritual beliefs in many of her points, conversations, etc. Believing that there is a spiritual reason towards everything, she many times misses the point that is being given. She's also /very/ anti-sexist and anti-racist (mostly anti-racist though) and anti-discrimination. Opened minded and free willed, she's actually a very nice girl. Though rather forgiving, she takes revenge very seriously. Such as the revenge she wants to take on Acru, for cursing her city and going against Hiphorsis, or Hiphorsis for taking her best ever friend away from her. Extremely short tempered, she will erupt at most anything that annoys her. This causes many pains and emotional breakdowns in others, as she would do anything to someone else. Very selfish, she'll even try to get something at the cost of one's life, or risk of something. She doesn't believe in stealing, though she is willing to `borrow-without asking.' Borrow used in the term that she'll give it back one day. She takes very, very long to make decisions, usually contemplating ever consequence and every advantage to each decision. Inspired very easily, yet very forgetful, she believes something is everything or nothing at all. There is no grey for her, just black and white. Very intolerant of some people, she will lecture just about anyone who does something wrong in her book.



When in a serious situation, however, Marine is a completely different person. Even more determined then before, she will stop at nothing to reach her goal. Also, instead of a joker, she cannot take a joke. Taking everything seriously, she'll even create a whole new reality for the time being to make sense of it all. Her logic takes over, virtually unable to put herself in another's shoes, or think about what they may be feeling. Even the strongest emotion cannot be sensed in a serious situation. Also a tad irritable, she will snap at anyone who messes up her concentration. She is also very intolerant of interruptions. She may angst and act a tad depressed as well in a serious situation.


On the night of the blue moon, Marine is also different. Very sad, depressed, and angsty are ways to describe her. Much of this is the fault of the wing that sprouts from her back. Reminding her of the life she's lived, the blue moon gives her much time to think about her sins. She mopes around, muttering something all the time. Losing hope in her town, she usually makes her sacrifice and mourns over what she has done for no cause. Also a bit irritable, she may snap at someone who disturbs her. Not short-tempered at all, she usually shrugs everything off, forgiving them with a sigh. Very vulnerable to attacks and with a great sense of emotion, she usually doesn't want to fight, but work things out instead. She can sense other's emotions very easily, thus allowing her to communicate much better. However, she usually likes to be left alone to wallow in her sorrow.


//Background/History//

Once upon a time, when the sea was young, a shining crystal was born of a warrior and a high priestess. The crystal, very rough, stubborn, free willed, and determined, was rather one of the bad types in the city he lived in. One faithful night, Hiphorsis, the God of the Ocean, began to demand entertainment. Needing to obey the God's rules, the villagers began a tournament. In this tournament, the participants had to fight to the death. In addition, a female, virgin sacrifice was made. However, forced into the battle, the crystal refused to fight, and ran away. Upon return, he found his best friend dead. Angry with Hiphorsis, the crystal vowed to take revenge. Planning for revenge, the crystal began to become more rebellious and rowdy. Starting fires and causing havoc, he began to destroy cities upon cities to gain power. Gradually, he made his way to the top. Hiphorsis was very frustrated with the rebel. The rebel tried to conquer the water god, and failed miserably. Banished to the Coursing River, he was turned to stone. Failing his mission in life, the rebel was forced to relive his memories over and over again. Meant to save his town from destruction, he had actually caused it. One thousand, four hundred years later, a new crystal was born…

Deep beneath the darkened oceans of Xanedu, a place full of life, though unknown to the ones above ground, a large civilization was formed. There were four main parts; North: The rich part, where royalty and other such creatures lived, South: The poor part, where more beggars, hobos, and jobless creatures were banished, East: The very technological part, where most inventors and lazy type people lived, and the West: The agricultural part, where religion ruled, and spirituals lived. Now, very separated, each of the parts was almost completely unaware of the others. The only trace of idea they had of them was from merchants that would travel from each of the parts to sell their goods, and story tellers who would come to the towns to tell stories for some money. The least populated, the West, was often the ones who were at the mercy of the gods, mainly their Water God, Hiphorsis.



There was a town in the West part of Xanedu, who was very secluded. Full of temples, schools, and shrines, they believed in a strong education, and a strong belief of the God. Though, they also believed that intelligent creature sacrifice was necessary. They also believed in many fables, tales, and other such things. Tradition played a big part in their culture, as did agriculture and farming and stuff. The population was relatively intelligent, only few idiots existed, for their school year was basically year round. Run by prime ministers and priests and such, it was a very tranquil town.



That is…until it came time for the Tournament of Ages…



Every thirteen years, a large tournament was held in this town, and in no other. There were no rules, only to win you must kill your opponent. All single males had to participate, as long as they were over the age of 30. Unfortunatly, that was not too uncommon. At the end of a Tournament of Ages, at least one eighth of the male population has been killed. Most of these men did not want to participate, and all exits and entrances during the tournament period were closed off. Though, many escaped, and even more committed suicide so as they wouldn't be brutally murdered. The champion of the tournament was usually sculpted and the sculpture was placed in a temple, where only high priests, priestesses, and past victors may enter. He would also be prized as almost a king, and treated high above others. He was also the one to make the female, virgin sacrifice to Hiphorsis.



On the last day of the one hundred tenth Tournament of Ages, the winner, Sarbes Oceanairea, was gained admission to the temple. Praying to Hiphorsis, a high priestess named Vardekai acknowledged Sarbes, and treated him like a king. Though, the two were almost polar opposites. Sarbes began to take a liking to the high priestess, and Vardekai to the victor. Everyday after that, Vardekai would visit Sarbes at his home, cook him dinner, or just talk about stuff. About one year of coming to Sarbes' house, Vardekai realized her love for him. Though, she loved him not for power, even if marrying for power was one of the most common things around. On the anniversary of their meeting, Sarbes confessed his own love towards the priestess. However, high priestesses were never meant to marry nor have children. Although this served as a problem, the priestess put it aside her, and they wed.



When Vardekai became pregnant, Sarbes was a tad worried. Trying very hard to keep it a secret, he told her to stay inside for the nine months. They passed slowly, and Vardekai began to feel anti-social and secluded. Sarbes, not knowing what to do, went to the temple and began to pray to Hiphorsis everyday for his wife's wellbeing, and the safety of his new child. On November Eleventh, their baby was born. Her unnaturally marine eyes struck the parents as a gift, and so named her Marine. Sarbes gave her the middle name Hiphoria, after Hiphorsis.



Marine was always very rough, stubborn, rebellious, and free willed. Mostly, however, she was determined. Sarbes and Vardekai saw this very frightening, for these were the traits in which Acru, a rebel long ago who almost destroyed their town by attempting to take over the water god. They tried to ignore these traits, but they began to overpower the young seal.



Eleven years later, it was time once again for the Tournament of Ages. Sarbes, a guest speaker at the opening ceremony, confessed his sin of marrying a high priestess, and told of his daughter's symptoms. No one believed him that she was the reincarnation of Acru, and he became the laughing stock of the entire town, though, he was executed for marrying a high priestess.



The tournament went on as planned, and Marine was a tad worried. She had been feeling strange lately, almost like having revenge for no reason. She couldn't even talk to her best friend, Amytal, who she had met a long, long time ago when she had run away from home, because Amytal was caught up in her studies. Well, she didn't blame her, Amytal was an A+ student. Marine, also acting a lot more like Acru, became pretty much hated in the town. She had never done her work anyway, and she was always roughhousing. Stubborn and free-willed as well, people started actually feared her.



As the time came for female, virgin sacrifice to be made, Marine was no doubt their first choice. Scared, and afraid of dieing, she ran off. Amytal didn't want her friend to die either, and so helped Marine run. As they waited for Marine to return, Amytal left her normal clothes at Marine's door, and dove into the sacrificial pit, killing herself. On that same night, the night of a blue moon, Marine grew a small, single wing. She became very irritable, sad, depressed, and angsty, as if she knew what had happened to her friend. She also relived Amytal's life that night, and found that her friend actually envied her. Returning to the town to rest her friend's soul with a silver and stone harmonica, Sing the Sorrow, Marine found Amytal's clothes on her doorstep, with a note.



Marine,

These past years with you have been the best of my life, and I could never have wished for a better friend. I'm sorry that you have to mourn over my absence, but I know it will go away. I really envied you, I did. That's my whole reason for being the sacrifice. School and all that stuff isn't as easy as I made it seem, and you made your life seem so fun. I want you to know that…I loved you. And remember…the crystal will always shine, even in the darkest of waters…



Love,

Amytal



Touched by the letter, and finding a glowing purple flower, she walked to the Coursing River, just to find her tear and hold it forever. Knowing this was forbidden, she took Sing the Sorrow, the flower (which she named Forget-Me-Not, since the flower actually spoke those words to her), Amytal's clothes and her own and set off. When she reached the river, she noticed a statue with words encrypted on it. They read:



If in one thousand, four hundred, and thirty years, the savoir of the Sacrificial Town does not arrive, I shall cast a curse upon it, the crystal will be forced to suffer an eternity of torture, and the town will all burn in the fiery blood of the crystal.



In old fables, the crystal was the same as the rebel who almost destroyed their town, which was indeed Acru. Knowing that it had been one thousand, four hundred, and eleven years later, she knew what she had to do. The face of the statue was in pain, and its aura reminded her of her. Shrugging it off, she quickly dipped her hand in the river, and Amytal's teardrop seemed to be attracted to her. When she pulled her hand out, it was turned to stone. Marine left the river, knowing that she would have to find her town's savoir, being the only one who ever read the encryption.



A year later, on a night of a blue moon, the wing that plagued her the first blue moon had grown, and she heard it speak to her. It said to make a female, virgin sacrifice. Trying to refuse, she felt a burning sensation run through her. She continued to fight, but it was no use. Eventually, she did give up trying, and sacrificed a random female off the side of the road by drowning her. The guilt of it built up inside her, and her memories flashed, as did Amytal's.



Though, one day, Marine was relaxing in the ocean, not to far off of the shore of Envia. A female, grey wolf was sitting on the shore, talking to a rather large cat-like creature. She turned around for a second, and the powerful waves swallowed the creature. The wolf, scared and worried for her cat bound in after it, though the waves were very powerful, and the wolf did not last long. Seeing the drowning wolf, Marine quickly swam up, trying to catch her in the strong waves. The cat was easily swimming past the waves, for its large size made it easy to resist against the force. Marine slowly brought the wolf to the shore, and as they reached it, the wolf awoke. Marine learnt that the wolf's name was Rya Dulcia. Her personality reminded her slightly of Amytal's, and she wasn't half bad, really. Though she was a little slow, and very hyper and stuffs, Marine took a liking onto Rya. All alone, and only really with her plushies, Rya asked if she could come with Marine. After a few days of thinking, Marine agreed.



Not too long after, Marine and Rya came across a forest, dubbed the Mystic Forest. Feeling a strong sense of magical energy, Marine felt as if she had found to savoir to her town. Dashing through the trees, she came across a purple echidna, who's name she later found out to be Violet. Completely convinced that Violet was the savoir to her town, she followed around her a while, until Violet finally noticed her and asked what she had been doing. Thinking that Marine was insane, she just shrugged it off and left Marine tag along, even if she was a tad annoying.



In a fiction called `Connections', Marine realizes that she was the savoir to her town, and returns with Rya (she gets water breathing powers). When returning to her town, she finds that she must defeat her great ancestor, which is unfortunately Acru. With Rya by her side, she brings Acru back to life using Sin the Sorrow, and has a fight to the death with him, and brings peace back to her town. (All Role-Plays occur before Connections)

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment