Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four

The Young Ones finally make it home, but accidentally find themselves in the early 41st Century. Now they must team up with Thundarr The Barbarian, Ookla The Mok, and Princess Ariel in order to set things straight.

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four
Chapter Four

Hank and Sheila hurry over to check on Presto, Ariel and Ookla following close behind.

"So how is he?" Hank asks as he kneels down next to Presto.

"He's alive," says Diana, "but other than that I can't tell."

"How's your friend?" Asks Thundarr.

"We're not sure," says Hank, "he's never been hurt this bad before."

"May I take a look?" Asks Ariel.

"Can you help him?" Asks Sheila.

"Maybe," says Ariel, "I know a lot about magic, and that was quite a blast he took."

Sheila looks to Hank, who takes a moment to think it over, then nods in agreement. He then turns to Thundarr.

"Thank you for your help," he says, "Who are you people anyway."

"I am Thundarr, a barbarian," Thundarr replies, "and these are my friends. Ookla, a mok, and Princess Ariel."

"Wow," says Diana, "a princess? From where?"

"A land which, for all intents and purposes, no longer exists and is best forgotten." She replies.

"Now," says Thundarr, "Who are you friend? And how is it you came upon these weapons of yours which you use so well?"

"My name's Hank. That's Eric with the shield. Diana's the girl with the staff. That's Sheila and her little brother Bobby. And the one who's hurt is Presto." Then Uni begins to bleat in irritation, "Oh yes, and this is Uni." Uni makes a satisfied bleat. "And as for our weapons, they were gifts from the Dungeon Master when he gave us each our roles in The Realm."

"Realm?" Asks Thundarr, "What Realm?"

"The Realm on the other side of the Dungeons & Dragons ride," offers Bobby, "Where dragons and monsters and magic and stuff are all real."

"Look guys," interrupts Eric, "I'd hate to break up this history lesson, but we still have a very ticked off Venger out there who knows exactly where we are. So can we please save it for later? Like maybe after we get out of this amusement park and go somewhere more secure?"

"I'd hate to admit it," says Diana, "but Eric's got a point. This should wait 'til later."

"So how is he Your Highness?" Asks Hank.

Ariel chuckles at the title, "Ariel," she says, "Just Ariel. And your friend is going to be fine. He just has a nasty bump on the back of his head. He's lucky, it looks like his hat managed to absorb most of that blast. A pretty amazing piece of sorcery, that hat."

Just then Presto begins to come to. "Ow my head," he groans. He blinks several times trying to focus on people around him. He then starts feeling about his face and body in panic. "My glasses!" He says, "I can't find my glasses!"

Ariel looks around and sees them lying in the dirt several feet away. They must have fallen off when Presto was hit. "Ookla," she says, "could you hand me those glasses there? Be careful, don't break them."

Ookla gingerly picks up the glasses and hands them to Ariel, who cleans the lenses and puts them on Presto's face. He blinks several times to allow his eyes to adjust. Then he sees Ariel's face. "You're pretty," he says. Then he looks around and sees his friends, "Hi guys." Then he sees Ookla for the first time. His eyes roll into the back of his head and he collapses again.

"Presto?" Says Bobby.

"It's okay," Ariel tells them, "He just fainted. Ookla can have that effect on people sometimes." Ookla chuckles.

"So where should we go?" Hank asks of no one in particular.

"I say my place," says Eric, "It's near by, it's secure, it's very defensible, and it's huge."

"It's as good of a destination as any," says Diana.

"Okay," agrees Hank, "Eric's place it is."

"My friends and I will take you," offers Thundarr, "that way we can talk as we ride."

"Right," says Hank, "Diana, you and Bobby ride with Thundarr. Sheila and I will ride with Ariel. Eric, you and Presto ride with Ookla."

Once everyone climbs onto their assigned mounts, Thundarr shouts "OOKLA! ARIEL! RIIIDE!" And the three mounts gallop off with their heavy burdens.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Falconlobo on April 24, 2011, 11:15:33 AM

Falconlobo on
Falconlobonice story