Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Chapter Seven

The Young Ones finally make it home, but accidentally find themselves in the early 41st Century. Now they must team up with Thundarr The Barbarian, Ookla The Mok, and Princess Ariel in order to set things straight.

Chapter 7 - Chapter Seven

Chapter 7 - Chapter Seven
Chapter Seven

Thundarr, Ookla, and Ariel are getting ready to guide the kids to Sabien's stronghold. "Thundarr," says Ariel, "we can't all ride on our three mounts. Not from here to my stepfather's."

"How about Presto?" Asks Bobby, "Maybe he can conjure up some mounts for the rest of us."

"I don't know," says Presto, "My spells don't usually turn out right. I might end up conjuring up a bunch of flying monkeys or something."

Ariel takes Presto by the shoulder and looks him straight in the eye. "The secret to using magic is confidence," she tells him, "If you don't believe you'll get the result you desire, then you won't. Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything."

"Okay," Presto tells her, "I'll try."

"No," she replies, "Don't try, just do."

Presto takes off his magic hat, takes a deep cleansing breath, begins waving his hand over the hats opening and says, "Hocus Horses, Abrakavallions, I conjure up six black stallions!"

A bright purple light emanates from the hat. The beam hits the ground in front of them, and standing there waiting to be ridden are six beautiful horses with sleek jet black coats and manes and tails as white as fresh fallen snow.

"Hey!" Says Presto, "It worked!"

"You see?" Ariel asks him, "All it takes is confidence."

"Come!" Says Thundarr, "We have a long way to go to get to Sabien's tower." They all mount their horses, then Thundarr says "Everyone follow me! RIIIIDE!"

And the entire group rides off towards the rising sun. The nine companions ride all through the day and into the evening. Thundarr stays in the lead, with Ariel, Ookla, and their six new friends following close behind. Presto keeps glancing over at Princess Ariel. Whenever Ariel catches him looking he quickly turns away and blushes. She smiles, amused at the young sorcerer's apparent crush. When the sun is just above the western horizon, Ariel brings her mare up next to Thundarr.

"Thundarr!" She says, "We can't keep up this pace much longer! The horses and the children need to rest!"

"There's a creek which empties into a lake, just over that ridge," he tells her, "We'll camp there for the night. If we hurry we can get there before dark."

A couple hours later, just as the western sky is turning red from the setting sun, they arrive at the lake. They dismount and tether the horses, which are lathered in sweat from the hard days ride. Sheila, Bobby, and Diana start collecting firewood for the campfire while Thundarr starts building a fire with whatever driftwood is nearby. Ariel and Presto tend to the horses, brushing their coats and rubbing them down. Once the campsite is set, Presto decides to try his hand at conjuring up some dinner. He takes off his magic hat, waves his hand over it, and says

"Bread and salad, turkey and veal, I conjure up, a twelve course meal."

In a flash of light and puff of smoke, a banquet table appears with all sorts of delicacies laid out. Roast beef, roast turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, candied yams, salad, corn on the cob, hot apple pie, chocolate cake, the works. "Hey!" Exclaims Presto, "I think I'm getting the hang of this!"

Ariel gives Presto a peck on the cheek, "Very nicely done," she says.

Presto's face turns so red in embarrassment that his freckles disappear. The nine friends all sit down to a fabulous meal, the best any of them have had in a long time.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Falconlobo on April 24, 2011, 11:21:59 AM

Falconlobo on
Falconlobocool two spells food and a kiss on the cheek