Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - 2-Exodus

A story of a renegae timelord. Born Alucard Vincent, who later changes his name to Alucard Faustus, because of his uncanny intelligence. The story of his adventures accross time and space!

Chapter 2 - 2-Exodus

Chapter 2 - 2-Exodus


Chapter Two: Exodus



After pulling a chair out for Katherine, Alucard found his own chair and sat down, placing `Macbeth' on the table as he did.



They were sat at the very back of the dark room, surrounded by much Time Lord `Memorabilia' hanging off the dull brown walls. A considerable distance away from the other patrons, as it was usually Alucard's custom to do so whilst in the `Artron Pallet'. The sturdy wooden tables and chairs around them supporting all manner of items, from dining utensils to leftover food. The smell, Alucard thought, the smell was probably the restaurant's best feature, the clear smell of varnished wood, with the distinct aroma of cooked food mixing with it. Whilst the place was always under constant threat from the Council to declare it a health hazard, patrons still kept coming and going, always happy, never complaining.



Up at the front of the room resided the bar, where many night time brawls with the Shobogans would no doubt ensue. The bar, unlike the manner of everything else, was indeed well kept and always gleamed. Today was no exception, as many happy patrons sat at it, indeed, drowning what could only be their sorrows.



But the most eye catching thing about the bar was the owner's Time Lord Academy qualification which hung above it. No own was quite sure why he kept it, as he had received the lowest possible mark, and promptly took up ownership of the restaurant afterwards. Yet he looked after his qualification with care, not even Alucard knew why.



Mind you, Alucard thought, it was said that the legendary `Omega' received the lowest possible mark. Yet he went on to become one of the greatest Time Lords in history, creating the very thing that powers TARDISes remotely. The Eye of Harmony. Alucard had studied Omega's history very closely; he was supposedly killed in a freak accident after creating it. But in reality, had been sent to an anti-matter universe where he went insane and tried to destroy the Time Lords completely. The fact that the restaurant's owner has received the exact same grade was a bad omen, a very bad omen indeed.



“What do you think the presidency want with you?” Katherine asked.



“To tell you the absolute gospel truth…” He began, pausing to hang his coat on his chair, “…I have absolutely no idea. I suspect it will be about the mission.”



“Alucard!” A voice echoed from the front of the room.



Alucard put his hand over his eyes, “Oh no,” He said emotionless.



A sizeable, corpulent gentleman was walking toward the table, his hands held up high. Alucard got out of his chair, walked over to Katherine, bet down and whispered in her ear.



“I'm going to regret coming here after all,”



Katherine giggled as he walked over to the gentleman.



“Malick, my good friend! He greeted, “How's things here, good sir?”



A deep booming voice that surpassed even Alucard's, roared from Malick's throat, “Never better! Business is great! I'm great! My best friend has returned! What could be wrong? But what I really want to know is about your mission!” He winked at Alucard with his unnatural twinkling eyes.



“Just a second there Malick. How did you know it was me? From all the way over here? Even you can't have seen this body yet!” He said running his fingers through his hair.



“One word: Clothes. When are you going to get some new clothes Al?”



“If anyone else questions me about my clothes today I will personally tear their arms off with my bear hands,” He said calmly, raising his eyebrows, “And don't call me Al,”



“Yeah, yeah,” Malick shrugged, waving his hand, “I'd like to see you try!” He laughed, “Anyway, the mission. Do I get the details?”



“Yes, well, not in front of…” He coughed, gesturing toward Katherine behind him.



“Ah! I see. But of course, my friend. Follow me please,”



Alucard turned and walked over to Katherine, “I won't be long, it's just a little chat. Have whatever you want but make sure to order me some tea, Earl Grey, five sugars, and a portion of treacle pudding,”



“Treacle…”



“…pudding, yes. I won't be long,” With that he whirled around, followed Malick up to the front of the room and disappeared behind a large door marked `Private'.



She breathed a heavy sigh and slumped into her chair. He was most certainly more polite, but she could definitely see the stubbornness of his previous body showing through.

She stared at her Grandfather's chair, and upon his coat. There was no doubt, she loved his coat, and indeed admired his unique dress sense, differing from that of the other time lords, it was a pity he always wore the same things.



Glancing upon it she noticed numerous pieces of dust scattered on it. Slowly she got out of her chair, walked around the table, and picked up his coat. She stroked it. She had always loved its feel. It was so soft and warm, yet so light and thin. You never got this sort of material on Gallifrey that's for sure, she thought to herself.



She put it on. It was far too big for her, but she sat down, almost bathing in the luscious soft material, with an enormous grin plastered on her face. After quite a while she took it off. It was so dusty, she thought. She started to brush it, but reluctantly stopped. Grandfather would notice. She hung it back on the chair, but as she did a small black box fell out of the inside pocket and landed with a dull thud on the floor.



Katherine looked at it, puzzled. She bent down and picked it up. She caressed it, a beautifully made, leather bound box, rectangular in shape, and indeed very tempting.

She stood up and looked around the room. Nobody had seen her. She stared at the box solemnly.



`Should I open it?' She pondered to herself.



* * *



Alucard took a sip of his tea, put the cup on the saucer and placed it on the table.



“Now then, where were we?” He asked



“The Presidency?”



“Ah, yes, well, let's not talk about that for the moment. I'm still thinking of various excuses I could use!” He laughed as he picked up his steaming bowl of treacle pudding, taking a deep sniff of the wonderful aroma.



“I have to ask, Grandfather. Why have you got treacle pudding for your breakfast?” Questioned Katherine



“Ah!” He chuckled, “When you get to my age you'll understand,”



“But you're nine hundred and seventeen!”



“Fair play. You've got a long way to go yet,” He said ominously as the first spoonful of pudding was eaten, an almost orgasmic look upon his face, “Are you sure you don't want any? Malick had it specially made, it's a great recipe!”



“No thank you, Grandfather. I'm not accustomed to the sort of food you like,” She said, taking a sip of the warm green beverage, of which Alucard abhorred.



An awkward silence fell over them. Glancing round the room, Katherine noticed the many patrons, conscious or otherwise. Many of them sat eating a range of Gallifreyan foods, or drinking brightly coloured beverages. A lot of them had a very shady look about them, the kind of look where you would cross the street if you saw them coming toward you. She sat back in her chair, picked up her drink, and held it in her hands, as her thoughts turned, once again, to they mystery of the box she had stumbled upon.



She sat gazing into her mug, a pensive look upon her face.



“Something bothering you?”



She looked up. Her Grandfather had finished his pudding and was now sat, cross legged, tea in hand, deeply immersed in his book. He spoke very calmly, not looking up from his book.



She thought for a moment, “What were you talking to Malick about?” She said finally.



“I'll tell you when your older, Katherine”



“What? When I'm nine hundred and seventeen?”



He laughed, “Well played,” He winked at her before returning to his book, “I'll tell you one thing though…”



“What's that?”



“If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the universe,”



“What happened, Grandfather? Why won't you tell me?”



He snapped his book shut, “Right, well, can't mope around all day! I better get moving! The presidency wants to moan at me, remember?”



She giggled and promptly finished her drink. She got up out of her chair, “It does mean your going to have to pay though,” She smiled at him.



“Oh! Damn! I knew I should have worn different clothes,”



“Do you have any other clothes?”



“That's a good point. I've only other clothes I've got are my formal robes and there's no way in hell I'm wearing them in public!”



Katherine giggled again as he stood up and made for the door. Alucard paused and leaned against the bar.



“Service please!” He shouted to Malick.



“On the house!” Came the reply.



Alucard shrugged, put his hands in his pockets and muttered to Katherine, “Convenient plot device, eh?”

He opened the door for Katherine. She stepped out onto the street and he followed her afterwards. Waking down the street he spoke grimly,



“I'm really not looking forward to this,”



She took hold of his arm, “You'll be fine, I'm sure you will!”



“I hope your right, Katherine. I really hope your right. I've just got a very bad feeling that I cannot explain,” He shrugged, “Maybe I'm just being silly,”



They reached the end of the street. Katherine let go of his arm, and he turned to look at her.



“This is where I have to leave you,” He put his arms around her and hugged her, “I'll be back soon. Wait for me in the Prydonian Chapter House common room. Don't worry about me,”



“Grandfather…” She began, the first of many tears seeping from her eyes



“Shush now,” He said calmly stroking her hair, “It's ok, we will talk more when I return,” He let her go. Wiping a tear from her eye he said softly, “Cheerio, Katherine. I'll be thinking of you,”



Before Katherine could reply he had waved goodbye and turned the corner at the end of the street and was now out of sight, leaving Katherine alone on the street, tears streaming down her face. Her thoughts slowly turning, once again, to the tempting mystery of that peculiar box.














Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment