Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Silver Stallion

When Spirit and Rain have their foal will it like it here? Will something drastic happen that will affect the foal for life? R&R

Chapter 3 - The Silver Stallion

Chapter 3 - The Silver Stallion


A/N: Okay I am sorry about that little mistake but this first part of this chapter is a speed up then after that I will start with what happened at the end of chapter 2. Sorry for this whole problem I hope no one is confused and if anyone is please PM me and I will explain it to you individually. I hope you will still read and review! Thank you here is my story! And a lot of the story you guys already read so please skip over the parts you already read!



It felt like forever but it had only been a month and Valley had not returned. Rain cried everyday hoping her little wish would come true, to see Valley one more time. Valley was not quite old enough to be weaned but was pretty close. Breeding season was over and then soon winter was creeping up. The days grew shorter and the temperature dropped. Soon the horses were as fuzzy as wooly mammoths and were cross during the winter season. The little foals that were here were very surprised at there first winter. But soon they learned to hate winter as much as the rest of the herd. But as the weather changed everyone was happier and started to shed sheets of their fur. (This is the part that got cut out and this is the continuation of chapter 2, sorry for inconvenience)

Spirit came galloping up and broke through the circle of horses.

“Everyone leave to the woods!” Spirit yelled to everyone

“Rain you guide them to the woods and make sure they stay together and don't let anyone wonder through the valley.”

“Okay Spirit” Rain said a little shaken up

And at that Rain galloped to the front of the herd and then quickly stopped and ordered the herd to go without her. She galloped back to where her baby was and when she got there Valley was gone.

“Oh no!” Rain cried

She galloped around and around looking everywhere for Valley. She didn't even know it but she had been galloping around for a strait hour but her adrenaline kept her going. Finally when she had stopped it all hit her at once. She heaved so hard and her nostrils were so wide she collapsed on the green grass. Everything went black.

2 hour later

Rain woke up and finally recognized what had happened. She sprang to her feet and looked around frantically.

“Where am I?” Rain stated

She then realized she wasn't in her land anymore. She smelled the air and smelt another stallion. She didn't know where she was or how far away from her lands she was. Rain collected herself and started walking in the opposite direction of the stallion. Little did she know that was the direction to her homeland. She walked and walked and walked. She found a stream and drank and ate in a valley. She missed home so much! She stopped as it grew dark out and lay on the soft prairie grass. She woke up at dawn to squeals and pounding on the ground. She sprang to her feet to see Spirit fighting a silver gray stallion. Spirit reared up and hit the other stallion on the shoulder. The silver stallion reared and kicked Spirit on the side of his barrel and sent Spirit flying to the ground. That was the stallion's chance while Spirit was in a vulnerable position. The silver stallion reared and when her was about to land on injured Spirit Rain galloped to them in a flash and kicked the stallion on the shoulder so the stallion landed on the ground next to Spirit's body. That was Spirit's chance to get to his feet before the stallion could strike again. Rain ran out of the way so that Spirit could finish the gray stallion off. Spirit reared and hit the stallion in the face and the stallion reared to get out of the way but did not succeed. When he lifted his head up he had a huge gash on his check that ran across his eye to his nostrils. The blood dripped all down his face and he galloped off in defeat.

“Rain are you O.K.?” Spirit questioned

“Yes I am fine Spirit.” Rain said the ran to Spirit's shoulder

“Valley is gone Spirit, she's gone!” Rain whimpered

“I know Rain but we are going to find her, we will Rain, we will.” Spirit consoled

“I am just glad that I found you, you saved my life Rain if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be here now.” Spirit stated

“I just did it in the heat of the moment, I couldn't just stand there and watch him hurt you.” Rain said

“We will get home and then go search for Valley, O.K.?” Spirit asked

“Yes Spirit lets got home.”

“Wait.” Rain said, as they were about to walk home

“Is your side O.K.?”

Rain walked around the left of Spirit's body and looked at the bloody mess.

“I have to help you Spirit.” The gash was about six inches long and was very deep. The blood was dripping down on the ground. Rain licked the wound clean and led him to the watering hole she stopped at to rest. She splashed water on the cut and that was about all she could do. He was loosing blood quickly but she knew one of them had to get back to the herd.

“Spirit you will just loose more blood if you keep walking, I think that I should go back to the herd and tell them where to stay for the night then I will come back to you.”

“Okay?” Rain questioned

“Fine but I still think I should go with you in case that bachelor stallion comes back.” Spirit said

“But even if you were with me you wouldn't be able to defend me or yourself.” Rain said

Spirit looked at her knowingly and swung his head in the direction home. Rain then galloped off trying to make this as quickly as possible. Rains arrived at the herd in about an hour, and told everyone that Spirit was badly injured and to all stay close until she came back. She checked up on the entire herd and made sure everyone was fine. She galloped as fast as she could back to Spirit and arrived there is forty-five minutes and when she got there she was devastated!

“Spirit No!” She screamed at the top of her lungs the collapsed next to Spirit

A/N: I hope you guys all liked this one! CLIFFIE! Well I hope that I was a little better with less dialogue and more action. Please review! Thank you!




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment