Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Tragety Strikes The Herd

When Spirit and Rain have their foal will it like it here? Will something drastic happen that will affect the foal for life? R&R

Chapter 5 - Tragety Strikes The Herd

Chapter 5 - Tragety Strikes The Herd


A/N: Okay now that the whole chapter mess is over I am going to continue with my story. This one is going to hopefully be more exiting! And when you are done with this chapter you are going to hate me but it is all going to piece together and will be interesting! Thank you please review! Okay but now I just remembered that I for got a part in the 3rd chapter. I really REALLY am sorry for this whole mess but what I forgot was Rain is pregnant with Spirit's foal so just so everyone knows Rain got pregnant. I dedicate this chappie to PerfectPureBlood thank you for letting me use the name Jumping Thunder!



Rain got up and looked at Spirit. He was a bloody mess the silver-gray stallion had come back and killed Spirit. Rain nuzzled Spirit and a fire of hate, fear and anger built up in her chest. She looked at his bruise gnarled up bloody body and tears ran down her delicate face. She had to get back to the herd but she could barely take her eyes off her beloved mate and leave, but it had to be done and she knew Spirit would have wanted her to be brave and strong and carry out the herd and keep it from danger. So as she galloped off she played a movie in her head of all the memories she had with Spirit. He was brave, noble and strong but at such a vulnerable state he could not defend himself. She soon returned to the herd and called a gathering. As the horses gathered around her she looked into everyone's hearts and souls and couldn't bear telling them the terrible news. As the horses stared at her she finally stated three words,

“Spirit has passed.”

They all heard the news and gasped in disbelief.

“No, it can't be, it can't!” a little colt named Jumping Thunder said

Thunder was one of Spirit's favorite colts and they were very close. Thunder galloped off and Rain mourned because she knew she probably lost another member of the herd. All of the horses were quite and you didn't even hear a foal running about, she guessed that the whole herd could understand what had happened even the colts and fillys. The herd was going to go to Spirit's body and have a burial. The horses circled around Spirit and bowed their heads low to still show their respect towards him. Rain wanted to get out of there fast so that stallion couldn't take her herd. She knew it could be ten times harder to survive because those bachelor stallions can smell all the mares in the herd and no stallion and might want to take her herd. It was spring so Rain was expecting her foal and day now. A week passed and Rain had not foaled. But she was glad she hadn't had any problems so far with any stallions. Then finally one spring day she felt the same pain she had felt with Valley and mourned twice as much because first of all she was in pain and this kind of pain reminded her of Valley and when she thinks of Valley she thinks of Valley Spirit and her all as a family with their herd, but everything has changed now and she can't go back. She told the herd to stay very close and to call her if anything happened. She walked to a quite place in the woods. And laid down just hoping the drastic pain would be over soon. She laid for an hour her contractions making her flinch in pain every time they occurred. Then it happened the foal's feet were passing through and finally the pain stopped and she felt normal again she sat up and looked at her little wonder. It was a colt! She was so happy that we could have a leader again of the Cimmeron Herd. It was deep creamy buckskin in color and had a pitch-black mane. A spitting image of his father, and Rain could already tell he had the spunk of him too. She licked her new foal and then she fell to her side and winced in pain. Contractions again? She lay there as she once did before. And waited she was crying but not for pain but for joy! She knew twins were what she was going to have. And then the second foal mimicked the first one and spit out without complications. Rain sat up once more and looked at the two; the first one was exactly like Spirit but with Rain's blaze. Then the second was exactly like Rain, with a blaze on her forehead. One colt and one filly! She couldn't believe it. They looked like Spirit and Rain completely. She licked them both dry and nudged them to get up. They just sat there with Rain pushing them up and down Rain wondering why they weren't getting up. So they were going to do this the hard way. Rain thought.

“Okay then.” Rain said

Rain got to her feet and started to walk away without looking back pretending to leave them. She hid behind a tree where the foals wouldn't see her. The buckskin colt looked at the paint filly and said

“What is going on?” The buckskin said

“I don't know I think we should follow her.”

“Good idea.” The buckskin responded

The two got up with ease and Rain smirked, she knew the foals could get up no problem. She walked to them and chuckled then the two foals followed her to the herd. Everything was fine. All the horses were grazing and all perked up when they saw Rain with not one but two foals! They all gave the foals a few licks and congratulated Rain on her successful birth of the two foals. Rain said everyone meet…

Valley's POV

Valley had survived the winter successfully but a stallion didn't own her so she was just a free Spirit at the camp…

To Be Continued

A/N: this is the best cliffie I've ever written! I was dying myself at the end of this chapter so you must feel like ripping my head off! But I will wait until I get 5 reviews before posting another chapter. Do you have anything to say? Did I put enough detail? Also I would really appreciate it if some people could send some names! I need:

14 mares 6 of them with foals by them, there are 8 mares left so make 5 of them just mares that are regular mares and the other 3 make old wise mares

I need to name that silver-gray bachelor stallion

I need a name for Rain's colt and filly

Out of the 6 foals 2 of them are colts and the rest fillies (to help you with boy or names)

And I need a gelding that escaped from the camp Spirit was at and that is it! I will post another chapter when I get 5 reviews and even if I get the reviews and I don't get any names from anybody it will take longer for me to name everyone. Thank you so much everyone I hope you don't hate me too much for Spirit's death, I had to and don't worry it will all connect in good time! Peace Out




Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

perfectpureblood on February 19, 2006, 3:09:18 AM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpurebloodYou know I love this story! I commented on Fanfiction.net so I thought I'd do it here, thanx for using the name, Jumping Thunder, and thanx for letting me use your name ideas! PPPLLEAAASSSSSSEEEEE Update!!!!!!!!!