Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Lineage

okie... since i like Constantine, I decided to make a story out of it. Not sure if it's really good, but I'll try to make it at least interesting, since I'm a newbee... so hope u like it..lol... ^ ^.. man, I was hoping for the Constantine category, b

Chapter 1 - Lineage

Chapter 1 - Lineage
Lineage
The day after Lucifer gave John Constantine another chance to walk the world of the living, he was last seen atop a building chewing gum as he finally quit smoking. It was clear that he was to continue to watch over the earth looking for another chance to get his way back to the Father's grace. At the same time the realm of hell awaits for his return.


It was a gloomy Friday afternoon two years after that day when Angela, a retired cop picks up a newspaper at the doorstep of her apartment. With an ill look on her face and jaws loosely hanging in the air, she unconsciously dropped her coffee mug on the floor just a few inches away from her left foot. As she read the text in bold letters, a memory flashes through her mind and says the name, " ....John ". She immediately turns and ran inside her apartment after slamming the door leaving the spilled coffee with the broken glass. She drops the newspaper on the floor as she made her way to the kitchen. She quickly threw up just as soon as she reaches the sink. After a moment, she reaches for the faucet and run water to drain the sink clean. Still breathing heavily, she turns around and falls on her knees wrapping herself with her bare arms. Slowly recovering from her present state. She's sweating bullets but feeling cold at the same time. Sitting there for a few minutes, her eyes caught the paper she dropped near by, " ..... It can't... it can't possibly, oh God. Please tell me, this is a dream, a very bad dream..... "
Meanwhile, a young man in his early twenties is calling a classmate of his in art class while holding on to a book with his dear life. " Wait! Hey Rae stop!! " Hearing her name, a young girl with a Goth looked get-up turns herself to face the person calling her. Without saying anything, she waited for the guy to reach her. " Are you deaf or something? Or maybe those damn piercing permanently damaged those useless ears of yours?! " His voice echoed through the empty lobby. He relax for a moment before facing her with an irritated look on his face and raised his right hand holding a black book. " Next time, leave something useful like a pen so I could use it instead of ridiculing myself retuning it to you, got that?! * if only this book wasn't so expensive, I wouldn't feel sorry for her leaving it and maybe I could give it to someone that actually values things! * " The girl just stared at the book and took it from him. She dumps it in her side bag and walks making her way out quietly to the other side of the door among the crowded hallway. Unaware that by just taking off like that she left a dumbstruck man. As soon as she closes the door behind her, the guy's eye twitches annoyingly, " What the..? " he mumbled to himself. Walking down the stairs, she place her headphone on her ears and listens to music while a loud scream spread out from the inside all the way outside the school cursing someone's life off.
Rae just continued doing what she does everyday. After taking the bus to a train station, she waited for the train to leave while sitting lazily in a corner. There she waited for a couple of minutes before the train that's barely occupied by passengers finally starts to warm up preparing itself to leave. " * Hmnn... that's odd, it's not a holiday, yet a few people are here? Whatever, I think it's better to have less stupid people. They're freakin' annoying anyway...* " She thought before she close her eyes thinking of taking a nap since it takes about an hour to get to her place through train. Unfortunately for the young youth, this day was indeed no holiday, for ordinary people that is. Suddenly, a loud annoyingly familiar voice echoes through the station, " Hold on!! Don't leave yet!!!... " Lucky for the last minute passenger, he already befriended the conductor and opened the door one last time. He quickly went in and seats on an unoccupied space near the door. He took his bag and placed it beside him, " .. thanks, Bob!!! I owe you one!!.. Huh?! " He paused feeling something cold from behind him. Not knowing the feeling himself, he turns his head noticing a youngster about his age who dresses awfully familiar and was wearing black sunglasses inside the train. He chuckled a bit as he stands up as the train slowly starts moving and taking his bag he went to the odd looking person. As soon as he reach her, he took the liberty of sitting in front of her and laughs as he points his finger at the person, " For pits sake!!! How low can you get, moron?!... Haha I mean... isn't this dark enough for you? We are inside a tunnel, take those off!! Why are you wearing that anyway?! " Not getting any reaction from his classmate after the humiliation he inflicted, he quickly reached out to her face and grabbed the glasses off her. But to his dismay, they went in a darker area where you barely sees anything. Because of doing what he did, he saw for the first time a flash of emotion showed in her face before it went all dark. " Rae? " he asked confusingly at the person in front of him. As the dark red shade surrounds the train, Rae's eyes were sharply staring at the other man that went in at the same time her classmate Lester did. " * That idiot didn't even see that other guy went in with him. * " But as the train approach the end of the tunnel, the man she was staring at turned his face and stared back at her. Upon meeting her glare, his face, a man at his thirties suddenly morphs into a disgusting looking creature. His flesh deteriorates like he was being incinerated, his head revealed an open skull like the top of his head was chopped off swiftly exposing the insides of his head, his crooked body was swaying in balance of the movement of a train and his mouth opens and speaks, " Co..nstan...ti..ne!!!! " Hearing his foul voice made her eyes open wider and in a questioning way. But as soon as she moved the creature turned to the other way and screams, " Grrrhheeeaaaa!!!! " At the same time the train finally out of the dark tunnel. Rae saw an innocent man looking at another person standing at the opposite side from where she's at. The woman was glaring at the man before she turned her sights to the girl. With a puzzled look, the woman just smiles at Rae who was still speechless. " shoot! " She cursed unknowingly in front of Lester who was ignored the whole time. " fracking half-breeds.... " Saying in a low angry manner, which made her classmate raises an eyebrow. " Say what?! " He yells. Hearing his yell, she turns her sight and stared at him dryly. " You, I think I saw you before ". Sadly, that's the only time she actually noticed him near her. " You think?! Wait is the reason why you are wearing glasses even in dark places is because you're blind? hahah..." he turned away from her and laughed. " Um.. is that mine? " She asks still emotionless. He stops, " Huh? " facing her again and wondered. He followed her eyes that leads to the glasses he was holding, " Oh this? Here.. man, your weird.. hehhe " He chuckles as soon as he hand it back to her. The train already stopped at the station when she got her glasses and placed it in her bag. As she stands and walks away, she stops half way and turns back around, " Hey, I think we go to the same school. Well, I'm off.. " Once again she left the same person in awe. " God, she's beyond help.... " He said to himself aloud before he sighed heavily.
While Rae's goes to her apartment through a dark alley, she feels the chilling aura all over the street. She fastens her pace as her heart races. She knows that she's being followed but have no idea why, except for one. The fact that she can see and distinguish which people are actually humans and creatures in human disguises. Her experience back at the train isn't her first time. In fact, it's the reason why she wears glasses to prevent those kinds of creatures noticing her looking through their true form. Then it hit her, maybe the man she saw is the one following her. But her bad habit of just ignoring things finally gave way to sense. " Constantine... * I've heard that before? What is this Constantine? Why do they always say that? * Gragh, stupid half-breeds!!! " While walking in deep thoughts, she suddenly bumps into someone and fell on the street. " Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to... " She stops as seeing the same man standing above looking down at her. Any normal person would've been hysterical but instead she just glares, " What do you want, demon? ". The stranger chuckles and said, " Really, your sarcasm is as annoying as ever. ". Rae just stared at him amused, " I'm sorry but I don't believe we've met. Can't say the same at you really. " Referring to his true form. " Though I've come across to some of your friends, I'm sure you're someone of higher rank.. " She slowly stands up and face the man. The girl has no idea that this creature is the one that would dig up her very history, the truth of her only lineage, " You really are, like your him... " After saying that, the chill worsen and the wind echoes throughout the silence of the dark graffiti. " What did you say? " Her eyes wide open and distraught while her fist was clenching against her palm. " What the hell are you talking about? You must've been mistaken me with someone else. I have no family that means no other but myself. " As she ready herself for a possible assault, the man changed his demeanor from restrained to an angry mad man and attacks her. She quickly backs away and kicks his chin throwing him out of balance. As he quickly recovers, he reaches out to her face but she immediately anticipated it and caught his fist. She placed her other arm and used her elbow to hit the face of the man causing it to break his jaw. The noises of cracking bones are her cue to do another attack using her feet. She placed her right leg behind the right leg of the man. Moving aside she wraps her right arm on the man's neck and pulled him down quickly. Her maneuver caused the man to fall down. But he wasn't an ordinary human. Immediately as he falls flat on the street, he grabs a hold of her shoulder and throws her hard at the wall. " Ahhh!!... " She let out a small yell from the pain. But before she could reach the ground as she fall from the wall, a claw grabbed her neck and pins her against the brick wall of the building. She opens her eyes and saw half of the face of the man was the demon she saw earlier and the other half like a decaying corps. The scent of sulfur makes her wanna gag right there. " ... Get your hands off me demon! " As she reach for his face to give him a good punch, he caught her left hand and held it tightly in front of him. With an evil smirk he asks, " Tell me, does it hurts? Does it still... Raeanna?. " It was the first time anyone called her that and from a half-breed no less. She's so shock the even she didn't know why. " Raeanna? Is that my real name? But? " She wondered alarmingly why of all things could a demon know things she couldn't even imagine to know. " No!! I'm Rae!!! " As she yell she tightly shut her eyes from anger, she raised her other arm and instantly moves it beside the other arm. As both arm touched right in the man's face, her forearm mysteriously bleeds like a sharp knife just cut through her skin and carved its way to the other arm. To the demon's surprise, the wound stops at where it started and formed a circle with a star in the middle of the sphere. His eyes widen and he screams before some mysterious force caused his arm to explode. With his flesh scattered everywhere, he fell off his knees and cried out from the pain he was suffering. " Aahhhhh!!! How... " He was cut-off by the girl's presence in front of him. Holding a piece of sharp bone from one of his arm, she glared blankly at him and stabbed him on the head. The bone went all the way through his chin. Everything was silent as she took the bone out from the head and kicked his face one last time sending the head flying through a wall and crushing it. Blood was everywhere until she collapses right beside the demon.
Lester's hand is shaking from anger inside a cab when he passes by a huge crowd. " What's going on? " asking the driver as he opened his window only to close it right back, " frack! That smells like shoot! ". " Well, this place is shoot, kid. Happens all the time.. " Says the driver as he made his was away from the people and police cars. After a block away from the site, he told the driver to stop at a near buy store. He paid his fare and stands alone looking at a crappy looking apartment. " Hmnn.. I hope this is where she lives and not just visiting someone when Sam saw her last week.. " He said to himself hoping that he found the right place, especially after the crime he just passed by. He was a little bit worried as he crossed the street and went in the apartment complex. He looks at the key again and sees the number " 13 " written in blue marker. He closes his hand and headed to the front door. He reads the direction of the rooms and sees the room number in the second floor. He smiled and went to the elevator that was barely functioning. " Damn her! This better be worth my hassle... " Telling himself as he walks out the elevator and heads to his right. " For crying out loud, don't they even have lights in the hallway?! " He sakes his head to calm himself down, when he slips and falls down. " Holy shhh... Ow!!!! " He immediately sits up rubbing the back of his head. Feeling something wet on his hands, he place his left hand and saw some dark watery substance on it. " Blood? " His eyes widen fearing that he's bleeding. As soon as he noticed the awful stench, he threw his hand in the air and shakes it " Crap! What is this shoot!! Yack!!! " . As his sights scan the area, he notices a body lying outside a door. Remembering the incident he passed by before, he quickly stands up and hopes with his life that it's someone else and not the one he was looking for. But as soon as he reach the person on the ground his knees weakened and his breath weighed heavier seeing a familiar girl lying in the floor covered with blood. " Oh my God!! Rae, are you all right. Speak to me!! " He gathers his courage and bent down to shake her shoulders hoping that she was still conscious or more importantly, alive. " Thank goodness, you're still breathing!!.. " He picks up his cell phone and tried calling 911. " shoot! " After seeing the low battery sign on his cell phone, he cursed the hell out of the thing. " Think, what the hell I'm I gonna do? Wait the police! " Just as the idea came to him, police sirens passed by the apartment. " Great.... huh? " He sighed and turn his head when he heard a small sound coming from her. He quickly bent down his knees and listens carefully. Ignoring the blood soaked girl, he reach out to her and noticed that the blood wasn't from her when he sees a piece of bone in her hand. He almost passed out at the sight but he's preoccupied on doing what it takes to keep her conscious.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment