Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - 1

My first real attempt at writing Knight Rider fan fiction.

Chapter 1 - 1

Chapter 1 - 1
KNIGHT RIDER: “Life is Full of Surprises”

Written by Adrian Sheppard

One night I sat in my den watching my favourite TV series, “Knight Rider”. It was the new version of the classic TV show and it featured Mike Traceur and his 2008 black Ford Mustang, known as the Knight Industries Three Thousand, or simply just Kitt.
I have always been a “Knight Rider” fan and liked all the action and excitement that made the show more than just interesting.
By now, the show had ended and I was beginning to get sleepy, so I turned the TV off and settled myself into bed. No sooner had I begun to fall asleep than my cell phone began to ring. I tried to pinch myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. I wasn’t, because I heard my cell phone ringing once more. Reluctantly, I dragged myself out of bed and reached for the phone. When I answered, I heard the voice of a strange man.
“Who are you?” I said with a flicker of fear in my voice, “Why are you calling me at this time of night?”
The voice replied, “Adrian, I’m not a who, I’m a what. I’m the Knight Industries Three Thousand, but you may call me Kitt.”
“All right, Kitt.” I said hesitantly, “What do you want?”
Kitt said, “Mike Traceur has sent me to get you.”
“For what?” I asked him.
“I don’t know. But I’m here in Trinidad and I’m coming to get you. You’d better get some clothes on; something very casual. I’ll reach you in the next ten minutes.”
I was scared, but I managed to say, “All right. I’ll get ready.”
Without hesitation, I switched the light on and dressed myself up in my favourite light blue shirt and black trousers.
By the time I had finished dressing up, I heard a car horn and I knew Kitt had arrived. I left the house and went inside the sleek black Ford Mustang, which had just pulled up at my house. “So you’re here to get me.” I said to the car.
“That’s right, Adrian.” Kitt replied. Then he did a quick vital scan on me and spoke once more, “You’re scared.”
“I’ve never experienced anything like this before, Kitt.” I confessed to Kitt. Then I asked, “Why did Mike send you for me?”
“Just hang in there and see. Don’t worry, you’re safe with me. We’re going to Knight Industries Headquarters now, so just sit back and leave the driving to me.”
Kitt and I left at about eleven o’clock that night and we headed towards the Piarco International Airport, where the huge Knight Industries cargo plane stood waiting.
The black Mustang briskly ascended the ramp of the huge aircraft and soon enough, we were ready for take-off.
The plane climbed its way steadily into the night sky. I looked around to see if there was anybody else present. But I could see no one. “Kitt, where is everyone?” I asked Kitt anxiously.
“Don’t worry, Adrian,” Kitt replied, “Only you and I are here on this plane. We’re on our way to Knight Industries, in the United States.”
Somehow, I managed a little smile. I said, “You know, Kitt. I just can’t wait to see what it is you have in store for me.”
“You’ll soon find out, my friend.” Kitt reassured me.
I became so exhausted from all my anxiety that I fell asleep inside of Kitt. I knew it was going to be a long journey to the Knight Industries Headquarters.
The Knight Industries aircraft soon touched down on the runway of the Headquarters. “Wake up, Adrian. We’ve arrived.” Kitt said to me. By the time Kitt rolled down the ramp, I could see the broad daylight. I knew then that we had finally arrived on the gigantic premises of Knight Industries.
Kitt and I sped towards one of the huge hangars. The car slowed its pace as the doors of the hangar slid open.
I got out of Kitt and could not see anything. The place was enveloped in darkness. I walked a bit further in and Kitt followed. “What’s going on in here, Kitt?” I asked frantically, “I can’t see anything.”
Suddenly, a light came on and there I soon saw. The whole “Knight Rider” crew was there. They shouted, “Surprise!” The hangar was filled with colourful balloons and lots of things to eat and drink. Everyone was there; Sarah Graiman, Carrie Ruvai, Bonnie Barstow, April Curtis, RCIII, Devon Miles, Charles Graiman, Mike Traceur and his father, Michael Knight. Even the black 1982 Trans Am, the original Kitt, was there.
They all sang “Happy Birthday” to me and soon I got over my anxiety. After the applause, Mike stepped forward and said, “You never thought we would know what today is, eh?” He then gave me a brotherly embrace and said, “Happy birthday, my friend.”
“Thanks a lot, Mike.” I said. Then I got more embraces from Michael Knight, RCIII, Charles and Devon. The women, Bonnie, April, Carrie and Sarah embraced me warmly and kissed me. I then said, “Thank you, everyone. I never dreamed that my day would be like this.” I burst out laughing.
Kitt, the black Trans Am, congratulated me. He said, “We know you’re our loyal fan, Adrian. It was Michael’s idea to make your birthday a surprise for you.”
Kitt, the Mustang, said, “Life is always full of surprises.”
Soon it was down to the business of cutting the cake. Devon told me to make a wish. I made my wish and with all my courage, blew out all the candles in one blow. The “Knight Rider” crew applauded me once again. Bonnie gave me the knife to cut the cake. As I cut the cake, Sarah, April and Carrie took pictures. I remarked, “Now this is the loveliest cake I’ve ever seen.”
“Thanks, Adrian.” Sarah told me.
“Of course, Sarah, Bonnie, April and I helped in making that cake.” Carrie smiled at me.
“We wanted to prove just how much we all love you.” Bonnie said to me as she stroked me.
All of us got together and ate the big delicious cake. Afterwards, April said to me, “Adrian, there is something special that we have for you.”
“What is it?” I asked eagerly.
“You’ll see.” April said as she got up and walked to the back. She returned, holding a beautifully wrapped present.
“This is lovely, April.” I said.
“Open it.” April urged me.
Carefully, I opened up my birthday present and a smile gradually formed on my face when I saw what it contained. It was a whole DVD collection of the original “Knight Rider” TV series. “I couldn’t be any happier than this!” I laughed out loudly.
“Wait, there’s more.” Mike said to me. He opened up the trunk of the Mustang and brought out three more presents. “Wow!” I was shocked. There were a karaoke machine and a camera phone from Michael and a collection of CDs from Sarah. I looked at the CDs and remarked, “Hmm. A whole collection of “Pure Moods” CDs. Awesome.”
Sarah smiled and said to me, “We know you like to listen to all kinds of music, Adrian. So I bought you those CDs. I thought you’d appreciate it.”
“Well, thank you, Sarah.” I said to her, “ I really must appreciate this. I mean, you all are my friends.”
Michael said, with a smile, “Not just that, Adrian. You’re part of our family. We’ll always be there for you, anytime you need us.”
“Thanks, Michael, I’ll never forget that.” I told him.
Soon afterwards, Kitt, the Mustang, asked, “Would you care to tell us your latest wish?”
“I’m not sure.” I said, with narrowing eyes.
“It doesn’t have to be anything too big, Adrian.” Kitt, the Trans Am, reassured me, “Perhaps, you can whisper into Michael’s ear, what your wish is.”
I whispered in to Michael Knight’s ear, telling him what my wish is. He looked at me and said, “Is that all you want, my friend?”
“Certainly, Michael.” I replied.
After a little while, Mike and his father Michael got into their cars. Kitt, the Trans Am, said, “Okay everyone, follow us outside. We’re going to show our guest some exciting tricks!”
“Yeeeah!” all of us cried in excitement as we followed the Knight 2000 and Knight 3000 outside.
Bonnie, April, Devon, Charles, RCIII, Sarah, Carrie and I stood outside the gigantic doors as we watched the two black cars rev up for action. Father and son each gave a ‘thumbs up’ and soon the race began.
Both cars raced up and down the runway and then they pulled up alongside each other, facing us. Kitt, the Trans Am, came forward and flashed his headlights and proudly showed off his skills. He switched to Super Pursuit Mode and raced up and down the runway once more.
Now Kitt, the Mustang, was ready to show off his own skills. I watched with full interest as he transformed himself into a Ford F-150 pickup and a police squad car. I was totally amazed. He switched to Attack Mode and raced up and down the runway.
When it was all done, Kitt, the Mustang, pulled up alongside the Trans Am, and Michael Knight and Mike Traceur got up and bowed.
“Thank you, everyone, especially to you, Adrian.” Kitt, the Mustang, said with pride, “You’ve been a wonderful audience.”
I clapped my hands and said to him, “That was really entertaining!”

The End

11/18/2008

2


3

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment