Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Ashley

a fractured fairy tale. the twist: evil stepmother was hired as a housekeeper, stepsisters are now stepbrothers, set in moderntimes, and all my friends a the cast using their personalities! one-shot

Chapter 1 - Ashley

Chapter 1 - Ashley


Ashley



Once upon a time near the capital city of Phoenix, there lived an ill man and his beautiful daughter by the name of Ashley. Shortly after Ashley became the age of 5 her father, James, decided it was time that he hires a housekeeper. The housekeeper he chose went by the name of Andi-Marie and she had 2 sons by the names of Jose and Parker. Andi-Marie and her sons were sweet, so sweet it was sickening.

Soon poor James passed away in his sleep and everything he owned went to Andi-Marie. Soon after the news dies down, Andi-Marie no longer pretended to be sad or even sweet. Instead she adopted Ashley and making sure that she was of no relation to Jose and Parker, made Ashley the new housekeeper.



11 years later…



“Ashley! Get in here and polish my football trophies!” yelled Parker very early one morning.

“Ashley! Come help me practice for tryouts tonight!” yelled Jose. Thanks to Andi-Marie, Jose and Parker had become evil too, only they didn't do a very good job of it…

“Ashley! Come repair my computer!” yelled Andi-Marie who was not exactly computer smart, but computer stupid. Her computer crashed often and Ashley was the only one in the house who was able to fix it.

“Ashley! Hurry up or we'll be late for school!” came a friendly voice from outside were Katie was waiting in the car.

“Coming!” Ashley yelled back through an open window. She dropped her rag and grabbed her school books.

“Oh no you don't!” Andi-Marie yelled as she blocked the doorway. “Parkers trophies aren't polished, my computer isn't fixed ad Jose still sucks at football!”

Ashley knew how to handle problems like this; she dealt with them every morning. “Darrell Bevell couldn't make Jose better at football!” Ashley poked Andi-Marie's stomach and ran out the door when she squirmed. Katie sped off as soon as Ashley shut the passenger side door.



Later that day Ashley and Katie chatted quietly at their lockers as the gathered their stuff for home. Ashley froze as Steven passed by flanked by Jose and Parker. Steven, Ashley believed, was the love of her life, but unfortunately Andi-Marie's sons were his best friends. This was the perfect opportunity for Katie to strike. She slammed her locker door and ran to catch up. Ashley snapped out of her dreamy daze and followed. Katie halted right in front of Steven, the surprise setting him a bit off-balance.

“So Steven, you going to the dance this time?” she asked.

“I don't know, probably.” He replied

“Would you go with Ashley then?” Katie asked bluntly. Ashley blushed and kicked Katie's foot in attempt to shut her up.

“Sure.” Steven replied calmly. Katie smiled with a look of succession. Ashley froze fore she thought the day would never come. Jealousy and a hint of heartbreak were visible on Jose's face. Parker silently thanked the lord for his new source of blackmail.

“Well see you then." Katie waved. Ashley remained speechless all the way to the car.

“I can't believe you just did that.” Ashley said still shocked as she put her seatbelt on.

“You mad?” Katie asked as she started the car.

“Am I mad? Steven is on the baseball and volley ball team, captain of the football team, the hottest guy in this whole school that isn't a jerk but sweet, and you want to know if I' mad? I knew it; there really is something wrong with you.”

Katie laughed and exited the school parking lot.

“But you forgot a few things.”

“What?” Katie looked puzzled.

“Well I don't have a dress and I don't even know if I can go yet.”

“Problem solved. I have a dress that you can borrow. I'll meet you outside your house tomorrow at 7.”

“But what if I can't go?”

“Oh you're going.”



“What's that you have there?” Andi-Marie asked as soon as Ashley walked through the door. Ashley was hoping she wouldn't run into her, she didn't particularly want to have to hide the dress.

“A dress.” She said carefully.

“Why do you need a dress?”

“Because she's going to the dance with Steven.” Said Parker from the next room. “Ooh, Steven, ooh” as he walked in. “Ashley and Steven K-I-S-S-I-

“SHUT UP ALREADY! IT'S NOT THAT FUNNY!!” Ashley screamed.

“Don't you dare raise your voice at my son like that.” Andi-Marie scolded. Ashley stomped all the way upstairs to her room. Jose walked through the room also on his way up to his room taking no notice of what was going on. “What's with him?” Andi-Marie asked Parker but he just shrugged. “Go find out.” Parker nodded and headed upstairs.



Ashley was humming quietly to herself as she sat in front of her mirror and brushed her hair. That's when she heard a very loud “WHAT!!??” from the other end of the hall, followed by heavy footsteps making their way quickly to her room.

“You won't believe this but guess what.” Parker said bursting through the door.

“Your life long dream of marrying that hippo down the street is finally coming true??” Ashley asked excitedly. “I knew it would happen someday, you 2 make such a good couple.”

“Ha ha real funny. Seriously, guess who has a major crush on you.”

“Jose.” Ashley said sarcastically.

“Uhh…” Parker looked stunned.

“No, you can't be serious. I was only joking!”

“Well it's true. Jose and Ashley sitting-“

“Oh for the love of chickens, don't even start that!”

Parker hummed the song all the way out the door. Normally this would be anything but legal, but if you remember at the beginning of the story, Ashley is of no relation to Parker and Jose. To everyone's dismay, this was quite legal.



As Katie dropped Ashley off at her house after school the next day, she said “Remember you got to meet me at my house before midnight so you don't break curfew.”

“Yeah, I know. See you at 7."Ashley said as she hurried up to her room to get ready.



7 came soon and Ashley was waiting outside for Katie just as promised. Like always Andi-Marie blocked the doorway again, Katie soon came and Ashley made it to the dance without a minute to spare.

Ashley danced happily with Steven the entire time while Katie roamed from guy to guy. At 10 Katie had to interrupt the lovebirds to let Ashley know that she was leaving and Ashley had to get a ride from Cayla.



It was getting close to midnight when Steven suddenly stopped dancing. He looked at Ashley the way that Anakin looked at Padme after 10 years without her. Ashley only saw that look in movies. He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by the DJ's announcement that it was midnight.

“I'm really sorry but I have to go before I break curfew.” Ashley ran off leaving Steven behind with nothing but a pink wristband with the word “LOVE” imprinted in it.



The next day Steven hurried to Ashley's locker to return her wristband. She was just shutting her locker when he made it over there.

“You forgot this.” He said as he handed her the bracelet.

“Thank you” she said quietly and started to walk off.

“Wait,” Steven said. Ashley paused. “I forgot something else.” He grabbed her hand and pulled her closer. All of Ashley's dreams came true that moment he kissed her.

Katie sighed as she shut her locker door. “And they lived happily ever after.” Still kissing Steven Ashley kicked her to shut her up. “Ha ha, Jose isn't going to be too happy about this…” Katie said and dodged before her friend could kick her again. Just then Parker passed and caught Katie's eye. She cracked her knuckles and began to work her magic.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment