Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

Charlotte and Zell are in love but the prophecy says that she will kill the one she loves to destroy them all. They decide to find a way to destroy the enemy without having to kill one another. Will they find a way?

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6
Chapter 6

They awoke the next morning; they had to prepare for the battle that night, as that night, was the night of the Crimson moon. Charlotte was the first awake and began sharpening her hatchet and combat knife. When Zell awoke he kissed charlotte on the head and set off to his tent to sharpen and clean his weapons. They both sharpened and cleaned their weapons until the evening. The commanding officer’s ordered everyone to their posts. They stood in the wilderness, line after line of soldiers. As night fell there was a disturbing silence over the front lines. Charlotte and Zell were within those lines staring forward, just like all the other soldiers.
Suddenly out of nowhere, a wave of Night Flyers came swooping down from the dark sky and clawed away at the soldier’s faces as they were shot down with rifles. The battle field covered in thick black blood. Then the second wave on Night Flyers came, the same result. Then along with the waves of Night Flyers came the Night Infantry, just as expendable as the Night Flyers but they were stronger and smarter. They managed to kill a few inexperienced cadets. Apart from that, the Archadian army was winning by far.

“Do it now!” Charlotte shouted.
With that, her soldiers charged forward, littering the battle field with the bodies of the Night Army. Zell and Charlotte had gathered many Light Flowers and were littering their part of the battle field, it didn’t stop the Night Creatures from entering that area, but it severely weakened and slowed them. The Archadian Army easily slew the Night Army in their weakened state. Even the Night Burrowers were not proving a challenge, as when they popped up out of the ground to attack, they too became weakened. The Archadian Army had destroyed the whole of the Night Army, the battle field littered with the bodies of Night Flyers, Infantry and Burrowers. The Archadian Army had only suffered minor casualties, fifty or so. They began to cheer, but Charlotte Noticed something appearing in the distance as if the darkness itself was turning into a creature. She alerted Zell who stood by her side.

As the Darkness approached, they realised that it was the Dark Lord. Its fangs dripping with the foul blood of those that it has slain. Its giant wings were so big it sent shock waves every time they beat. And its talons were like swords, long and sharp. Then its eyes, crimson red in the darkness, they glowed like a lamp in the distance. Charlotte and Zell hid in the twisted branches of the Light Flower tree. The Dark Lord approached with stealth and without warning, it hardly bled as the Archadian army attacked. It destroyed them all within three minutes using foul swoops of its talons. Charlotte left the safety of the tree to fight the demon. She crept up behind it as Zell watched, sweating with anticipation. Charlotte slowly drew her hatchet as not to alert the demon, she was trying hard not to breathe too loudly. She had almost finished her approach when the demon turned around; she lifted her sword high into the air and hit it in the waist as it was 4 times higher than her. The wound hardly shed any blood; the Dark Lord laughed loudly and hit Charlotte with its mighty talons.
“No!” Zell cried.
He charged at the Dark Lord who was about to feed off Charlotte. He repeatedly struck it in the legs until they were covered in thick crimson red blood. The demon roared loudly and collapsed to its knees. Charlotte crawled away from the scene towards the Light Flower tree. Zell carried on hacking at the Dark Lord’s limbs. Charlotte loaded her rifle with a bullet which she dipped in Light Flower dew. The Demon struck at Zell, sending him flying backwards, the Demon then flew over to Zell, then positioned its self to suck his blood.

Charlotte fired her rifle, the ammunition laced in Light Flower dew sunk into the Dark Lord’s skull just before it was to feed off Zell’s unconscious body. The Dark Lord fell to the floor in agony, it had never felt so much pain in his life, it screamed like a Banshee. Charlotte ran over and killed it with one strike of her hatchet, which took off its head. She treated Zell’s wounds as best she could there on the battle field. She then carried him all the way too her house in the centre of the city. She laid him on the bed. She went down three floors to collect some bandages. She returned to Zell and bandaged all his wounds. She then lay with his unconscious body and cried herself too sleep. When Charlotte awoke she didn’t move she just laid there, looking at Zell. She lay there all day, once again she cried herself too sleep. She awoke with a start as she fell off the bed. She got up and looked at Zell, his eyelids flickered and he laid his arm out over the bed.
“Charlotte?” he whispered, opening his eyes, “Where are we?”
“I’m here.” Charlotte said, “Were in my house.”
“You mean your house?” Zell asked, “I thought that I was never to enter this place.”
“You weren’t.” Charlotte said, “But you are now, I couldn’t have treated you in the barracks.”
Zell smiled and asked, “That the only reason?”
“No.” Charlotte said, “You’re also allowed in because I want you to be here.”
“Well for how long?” Zell asked.
“Umm…” Charlotte said slowly, “How about permanently?”
“Sure, I’d love too.” Zell said smiling, “Come here.”
Charlotte came over and sat next to Zell.
“Lay down” Zell said, “I won’t bite.”
Charlotte lay down and looked into Zell’s eyes.
“You ok.” Charlotte asked, “You’re eyes, there full of pain.”
“I can handle it.” Zell said as he moved closer to Charlotte and put his arm around her.
“I thought I’d lost you.” Charlotte said, tears in her eyes.
“I wouldn’t let you go that easily.” Zell said, “We beat the prophecy together, just like we said we would.”
“Yeah, you’re right.” Charlotte said smiling.
Zell leant over and held Charlotte closer and kissed her lightly.

They spent the next week in Charlotte’s three story house. Once Zell’s wounds had healed, there was surprisingly no scarring. They married and spent the rest of their lives together, had three children, and grew old together. They were happy, for the rest of their lives.



Love you Charlotte.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment