Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The secret Language

My first story!

Chapter 1 - The secret Language

Chapter 1 - The secret Language
It was a lovely summer's day on the Island of Sodor. The Birds were Singing, the Sun was shining, It was a perfect day!

Thomas was having fun on his Branch line, pulling His faithful coaches, Annie and Clarabel, Backwards and Forwards along his branch line. His Friend Percy was taking some freight up and down the same line. The two engines were happy and content working on their Branch line. So were the other two engines, Toby and Daisy.

At the Loop at the middle station, Thomas had to be driven onto the other line to let Percy pass. Percy was pulling Oil wagons to take them to the oil rig on the other side of the line. However, He had to be stopped by thomas who had noticed that a piece of Paper had drifted onto the track.

"Stop!" Yelled thomas. "There's Some Paper on the line!

Percy's Brakes were Applied, and He stopped just in front of the paper.

"Isn't This a bit silly?" He asked Thomas. "It's just Some old Piece of Paper, with mold around the edges!"

"I want to know what it says! It could be a letter for Me that got lost In the Post!"

His Driver clambered down, and picked the piece of paper up.

"I can't read it!" He said. "It's in a different language!"

He showed it to Thomas. Thomas read it loud and clear.

"emn izd morn omfigus pumnijos jumni inmuj lkangf qdsv prdn nooi morst gumf!"

Thomas was puzzled.

"Hmm. That can only be one language! French!"

It was good luck for Thomas that no. 230 D116 from the Nene Valley Railway Was visiting Sodor. He used to live in France, and should remember most of the language.

Thomas showed the large black engine the piece of paper with the writing. 230 D116 eyed the paper doubtfully

"Ah Cannot read Zis! Eet eez gibberish! Eet eez not French at all!"

"But... What other language could it be?" Asked Thomas to 230 D116.

"Ah du not know, but Ah can Speak French, English and German, and Ah can tell yu zat eet eez not any of zem!"

"Where Did you learn German?"

"Un of ma friends at ze Nene valley railway taught me. He eez German. Ah learnt english from Your twin brotherre, no. dix-huit-cent!"

"What's his name?"

"Thomas!"

"Hmm... and hes 1799 times better than me you say?"

"Oui!"

"I'll give him a piece of my mind when I get to the Nene Valley Railway!"

"Everryone at Wansford thinkz he's you!"

"Well, See you, 230 D116."

"Auvoir!"

Thomas went back to His branch line. He Started thinking dark thoughts about languages, and why didn't everyone in the world use the same language, and why are engines from the mainland so stupid. His Driver Told Thomas that It was Probably An Aincient Language from Before The Fat Controller was born.

"Before the fat controller was born? THE FAT CONTROLLER? Now that is something!"

"What's Ancient?" He added.

"Ancient means that It was a long time ago, before the year zero."

"I thought the Universe started in the year zero!"

"No, Thomas. The year zero was when Jesus was born. His parents couldn't have been born in the year zero or they'd be too young to be parents! Besides, Think about Dinasours, and The fiery explosions before life began. The first life ever was bacteria, that formed a substance called algae, which produced Oxygen that made the sky and the sea blue!"

"Wow! Said Thomas. If it wasn't for bacteria, My branch line wouldn't be as picturesque without its nice blue sky!"

"If it wasn't for bacteria you wouldn't exist! The air was filled with poisoness gases before bacteria, and we humans wouldn't be able to breath and we'd immediately die. That means we wouldn't be able to build engines or railways."

Thomas had been put to sleep with boredom. Now he couldn't stop! His driver applied the brakes, but it was too late, and thomas derailed on a nasty curve.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

TheifLord on January 21, 2009, 11:48:28 AM

TheifLord on
TheifLordwow......I GOTTA READ THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!1