Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Rain

When Khepher is missing during a battle of Seth's kingdom and another he searches for her in the after math during the rain....

Chapter 1 - Rain

Chapter 1 - Rain
                                                        Rain
______________________________________________________________

        Rain....It's funny how it can be so pure at times, then at others, you hate it and despise its very existence. You hate it because it mocks the tears you want to let fall and stain the ground froever, marking the spot where your heart broke. You cry the tears, the rain washes them away, and it falls back from the black clouds that seem like an omen of forever suffering for you right now. A body with slightly tanned skin and dressed in what seemed like royal clothing, limped through his burning kingdom. The body has had chesnut brown hair that stuck to his face and shined like the most exotic of gems, and brown eyes that you instantly melted in despite his seemingly cold attitude. He was a man not to be delt with, he was dangerous and powerful. But the truth was, he was just as vulurnable as everyone else put on this place we call earth. The man rested his hand on a crumbling building and coughed up blood from internal injuries and doubled over in exhaustion and pain. Right now, he hated the rain for the very same reasons everybody else does. He had no tears available to spill forth, he thought it was weakness if you cried for anything...anything at all. The body forced it self to move further, even though pain racked its body with every muscle movement it made, every step it took, and the slightest amount of pressure....anything hurt his body right now.

        He wouldn't stop though, not until he found what he was searching for, what he was pushing his body to its extremes for. A woman; not just any woman though. A special woman who made him think in ways he never though possible. A woman who had touched him so deeply by just opening her mouth and letting her melodic voice spill forth from her rosy lips; that he wanted to kiss. A girl who had wisdom beyond her years and love he never though capable of one person having inside themselves. A woman who had overlooken every harsh word he had accidenlt spoken to her with just a simple smile that lit up his heart. He would search for this woman until he dropped dead on the cold earthly floor below his sore feet.

        When he would finally find her, he would take her into his strong arms and never let go of her for anything in the world. He would tell her that he loved her, and that he wanted to stay with her forever. He would tell her that he needed her like the stars need the moon to guide their path through the endless night time sky. He would kiss her rosy lips with all the passion he held for her and hold her hand so gently as if he were afraid she might shatter like glass in his touch. To him, she seemed so strong but under that he knew she was just as fragile as he was. He knew all that it took to break her was a few harsh words that managed to get under her sun kissed skin; then you could do whatever you wanted to do without her putting up much of a fight.

        That's why he was so desperate to find her, to hold her, to lvoe her, and most of all...protect her from anything that remotely threatened her existence on this earth. Because her existence was the most important thing to him right now. Just finding her alive and smiling like she always does was the most important thing to him right now. Gods above, how he wished time didn't drag on for him. It seemed as though time was also mocking him, by dragging out the very fabric on which this girl's life hung on.

        Then he paused in his slow agonizing foot steps and he saw her. The girl he was searching for all this time. She was face down on the wet and dusty ground of his kingdom with her rain drenched honey blonde hair splayed all around her body that was dressed in a sleeveless white dress that was crimson in some spots and the man feared the worst for her. It looked as though she had tried walking , searching for him as well. Where as he had pushed him self every step of the way, she had given up and fell where she stood. She had given up...deciding she was going to die alone. The man who loved her wouldn't allow that to happem, she would not die alone because he would be here for her....always and forever weither she liked it or not. He slowly started walking towards her, using the crumbling building of his kingdom surrounding him for support. He grunted softly as he tripped over some rubble and landed face down on the dusty earth. He laid there for a few moments ready to give up himself, but his love for her wouldn't allow it to happen.

        So he dug his hands into the moist earth and shakily raised his head and started crawling towards her again with agonizing slowness. The woman he was so desperate to get to slowly raised her head and stared at him with half lidded lifeless green eyes. This made him stop in his feeble attempt to reach her and stare at her with wide eyes. The girl slowly reached a bloody hand out to him as if beckoning him over to her pleadingly. The man as if understanding her gesture, continued his crawl with new found elation. Just knowing that she was alive elated him beyond words of comprehension. When he finally reached her, she gave him a soft smile and linked her fingers loosly with his and let a tear of happiness roll down her cheek that clearly stood out from the rain. the man tightened his fingers linked with hers in response and instantly felt his heart lighten up. He didn't know what it was about this girl or what made him propose to her, as far as he knew he loved her and that was all the proof he needed for his heart.

        The girl twisted her angelic face into a expression of pain and the man instanlty felt a stab of anger go through his heart. He was going to kill the person who did this to her if it was the last thing he did in his lifetime. The girl then gave him another soft smile and shivered from her coldness. "The rain.....I can't feel the rain....." She whispered quietly to him while blinking rain from her green eyes. It was true; everything on her was numb and dead from the inside out. "I want to feel the rain...." She cried softly while giving his hand a soft squeeze of anger. She wanted the rain to wash her body of the foul coppery smell of blood and make her come clean with everything she had ever done.

        She then gave a light chuckle at the irony of the situation, It's funny how people can do bad things all their life then when they are dying. they regret it all and want to be clean and pure. It was simply how the human mind worked in this world. They were afraid of burning for all eternity in hell and hearing their own terrified screams of pain. What amused her the most was the rain only seemed to enhance the minds deepest wish. They thought if they were being poured down upon by pure rain, then they would become pure themselves. She did regret all the things bad she had ever done in her life but she didn't care about anything else but feeling the cool rain on her blood stained skin.

        "I....I wish I could help you...." The man whispered in his sadden laid voice. She smiled again and turned her body on the ground so that she was lying on her side and facing him. The man widened his eyes when he saw the large slash running across her stomach and the stab wound right above her heart. It was in that moment when he knew that she would not be leaving with him today and this tore his heart in two. "Did you ever sing that song when you wished it would stop raining?" She asked him softly while turning her head to look at him with her lifeless green eyes. He looked at her slightly confused and as if seeming to read his mind, she began to sing in her weak and dying voice.

        "Rain, rain go away....come again some other day...."
        
He then remembered his mother singing it to him one morning when it was raining and he wanted to go outside and play. "Seth....i'm so sleepy...." The woman whispered softly and those were the words Seth feared to hear spill from her rosy lips. He pulled himself towards her until his nose was touching hers. "Please Khepher...don't leave me....I need you......" He whispered to the girl dying right beside him. She coughed violenlty into her hand, blood spraying onto it as she did so. "I'm so sorry Seth....." She whispered. Seth gently pressed his lips to her bloody ones and she tilted her head into his his and closed her eyes. He gently slid his tongue into her mouth and licked the roof of it and she moaned weakly and grabbed his shirt and pulled her body to his warm one. They both tasted rain inside their mouths and they both knew this had to come to an end sometime. He gently pulled away from her lips and rested his forehead on hers. "I love you Khepher....you are my everything....." He whispered to her and she let a tear of sorrow glide down her cheek. "Sleep if you must my love...but dream of what could have been...." He said sadly and she fluttered her eyes closed. "I already have it...." She whispered weakly keeping her eyes closed. Seth waited...and waited....and waited....until he could no longer hear her soft breaths coming from her rosy parted lips he only heard the soft hiss of the rain as it poured down on them.

        Seth wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to his chest and a dark shadow overcasted his face. He then let a heavy shudder escape his lips he then gave into body racking sobs. He let tears pour down his face even though it was weakness if you cried...but he didn't care. Khepher was one worth crying over. He knew he would never see her smile again or hug him with arms full of love. He would never her her laughter as she smiled at everything in the world no matter how small or trivial. He buried his face into her collarbone and silently sang to the buring kingdom that surrounded him...

        Rain rain go away...come again some other day...."

        
That day not only Khepher died but so did Seth...on the inside he knew this was his sorrow....in the cruelest element he had ever known.....Rain....

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Moon_Princess on November 3, 2007, 1:31:37 PM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessAwww...that's...so beautiful! *blows nose in hanky* Great job! ^^ It seemed like Kay-chan loved it too.

*favs*


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on November 3, 2007, 12:03:51 PM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaT-that was so beautiful...I'm seriosuly crying, it was so beautifully written.

Thank you so much for the fic! *Hugs* I loved it, even though it made me cry