Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

hey it''''s a squall story
btw (sadly) i do not own squall or anyone else in this story ^^"

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3
"ZELL!!!" Ri screamed.

This guy's gone too far this time. I thought he was gunning for me but he turned to Rinoa. I jumped in front of her before he could kill her. I felt the bullet hit my chest and heard Rinoa scream. Selphie and Siefer (our disciplinary commitie) came rushing in and had him pinned and in cuffs in seconds.

"Squall, Squall!" Rinoa repeated while shaking me.

"Rinoa?" I asked in a weak voice. "Ri Ri i love you." I said before i blacked out.


When I woke up I was in the infirmary with Rinoa by my side sleeping. I smiled and took a deep breath and cringed in pain. Rinoa stirred and her eyes fluttered open. I looked into her eyes and chuckled. "Morning sleepy head"

She smiled. "What about you? You slept for like 2 weeks...I was worried..." Her smile turned into a frown and i comforted her as best as i could. "Why did you have to jump in front of that bullet? why why why?"

"Rinoa, it's because I love you that i did it. I would kill myself if you got hurt when i could have prevented it. It was because you were in danger that i didn;t think. oh that thing i was about to tell you before we were so rudely interrupted..." We got interrupted again by Dr.Kadowaki. I chuckled when Rinoa let out an exasperated sigh.

"How are we felling today Squall?" Dr.Kadowaki asked.

"I think since I have apperently been sleeping here for 2 weeks I am ready to get back to my dorm." We all laughed.

"And how's the pain?" she asked

"managable" I answered.

She laughed again and looked at Rinoa. "He is going to be very sore for a few weaks and he may have a very hard time breathing but he'll be just fine. Don't let him move very much. Going to dinner would be fine and also no upsetting him, he is to come back in 2 weeks time."

Ri nodded and helped me up. Dr.Kadowaki handed me a perscription for pain meds. Rinoa helped me to my dorm and when we got there we saw Cid and Edea. Cid held his hand out and I shook it. "I am sorry to hear what Zell had done..." He trailed off. "He was one of our best SeeDs. Unfortunately we do not tolerate fights inside of the school, Squall you know that."

"I know sir and I wasn't trying to start one. I took him to the training Centre to try and sort it out. Rinoa walked in and took him a side."

"That's the truth sire. I told him I was in love with Squall and couldn't marry him... Than we went back to Squall's dorm and were talking." Tears came to Ri's eyes before she finished. I realized she was hurting as she thought of what happened next so I stepped in.

"Zell pointed the gunblade at her and I jumped in front of her as he pulled the trigger. He shot me in the chest and that's when Selphie and Seifer came in." I felt a twinge of pain in my chest but didn't show it on my face. But Rinoa looked over to me and I knew she knew. "Headmaster I should lay down I think."

"I think you should to but not here. We changed your rooms you are now staying in the same room. Just down the hall to your right."

We thanked him and started walking. "Ri I have to tell you now...I started and now i need to finish. Ri I am half a dog demon. My mother died giving birth to me and my father took off. I had nobody growing up and that is why I am th way I am today." We stopped at our new dorm and walked in. Ri shut the door and sat on the bed. I sat down in the desk chair. After a few minutes of silence I broke. "Ri please say something." I did something in that moment I have never done. I started to cry and held my head in my hands.

I heard her get up and come to comfort me. "Squall I told you I wouldn't run away, but I am curious do you have ears and a tail?"

I nodded and let them breath. First my ears and then my tail. Rinoa came closer and scratched behind my ear and i nuzzled into her hand content just to sit there. Growling contently and letting her rub my ears while my tail wagged. I felt something touch my nose and it smelt like Ri's hair. I looked and saw a tail. "Ri are you a dog demon?" I asked her.

"Partly" she said shrugging. "But I don't have the ears I am a third dog demon. You see my dad was a half demon and my mother a half human and half whitelighter. There for making me only a third demon." She said. I couldn't believe what I was hearing... Ri, the love of my life, that I was going to try very hard not to mark, Is a third dog demon.

"So i'm curious do you turn full demon on a moonless night?"

"Yes and that is only because it's the howl as i'm sure you know." She smirked.

I kissed her and she slinked her arms around my neck as our tails beat each other up by wagging at the same time. The kiss got deeper and suddenly so did the pain. I had to break the kiss so i could take take some medication. I chuckled. "Stupid Zell." I cursed at him under my breath.

"Here we're going to be late for the restaurant. Let me help you change" She quickly helped me change and we went out the door. She drove and through most the ride it was quiet. We just enjoyed each others company and pecked each other on the mouth every stop we came to. All I know is that I love this girl and my hand automatically went to my pocket. Tonight I had to propose and it had to be perfect. When we got there I got out of the car and went to Ri's side. I may be cripled but I still have manners.

"Table for two please" I asked. "Reservations for Lionheart"

"Right this way Mr. Lionheart."

Ri and I followed the host while my hand went into my pocket again. I wrapped my hand around the ring in my pocket. I have to do it tonight, if i don't i might lose my chance again.

"Squall? What's the matter? Did something happen? Are you in pain?" Rinoa was asking these questions frantically.

"No i'm fine, just thinking."

The host sat us and I knew it had to be now. I called the leader of the band over so I could request a song. "Can you guys play 'Don't Wanna Miss A Thing' by Aerosmith?" I whispered low enough that Ri couldn't hear.

When the song started to play softly in the background I got up off my chair and knelt down beside Ri. "Squall? You should be sitting. What are you doing?"

I smirked as I heard the concern in her voice. "Ri I love you more then anything in the world. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I pulled the ring out of my pocket "Ri will you become my mate and loving partner as long as we both shall live?" I could feel the sweat pouring down my face and the pain as it tried to escape it's bandages.

"Oh Squall, you know I will"

I jumped up and kissed her while all the people clapped. "Champaign my love?" She shook her head while a tear escaped her eye. I kissed it away and pecked her lips again. I went and sat down again as the pain started to get worse. All of a sudden the pain was gone. "Excuse me for a second please Ri." I gave her a quick kiss and went to the men's room. I lifted up my shirt and carefully removed the bandages and gasped. The bullet hole, the wound, it was entirely gone I couldn't believe it. I had to go tell Ri right away. As soon as i got to the table I saw Zell sitting there. In my spot but I could still hear what they were saying so i hid behind the counter so they didn't spot me.

"Zell stop being such an idiot. I am not in love with you I am in love with Squall. I am marrying him and you can't stop me!" Rinoa's voice got a little louder.

"Rinoa, please who's to say he loves you the way you love him? Who's to say he'll even propose?" Zell asked.

"He already did"

"Rinoa you belong with me."

"Zell get off of me!" Rinoa shrieked.

That's it I couldn't take it anymore I jumped up from behind the counter just as Zell tried to kiss Ri. I ran at him. "ZELL LEAVE HER ALONE!" I jumped at him and knocked him over. I got back up on my feet as Rinoa was coming to my aide.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment