Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Discover how to shorten the sales cycle

https://tajarat.com.pk strives to be Pakistan's biggest real estate developer ever, guaranteeing the highest international standards, prompt execution, and lifetime customer loyalty. With projects like blue world city Islamabad

Chapter 0 - Discover how to shorten the sales cycle

Chapter 0 - Discover how to shorten the sales cycle
A long B2B sales cycle is not good. It's expensive, inefficient and iffy. Therefore, it is essential that the manager establish a powerful strategy to accelerate the cycle and pump up the business. In this post, we teach you how to shorten your sales cycle and ensure above-average conversion rates.

https://tajarat.com.pk strives to be Pakistan's biggest real estate developer ever, guaranteeing the highest international standards, prompt execution, and lifetime customer loyalty. With projects like blue world city Islamabad

Reading time: 6min .

You will read about:

·        sales cycle
·        success stories

·        Solutions to accelerate the cycle

Nobody wants a slow and ineffective sales cycle. When Return On Investment (ROI) is slow, business suffers and costs rise. It's expensive to keep a team engaged for long periods. Constant and unnecessary follow-up is the biggest villain a company's budget can have. Especially when the payoff is long-term, like most complex sales.

And we don't want you to go through that! We create the perfect material to teach you how to shorten the sales cycle, making it faster and more voluminous.

If you parachuted here and want to better understand how to measure it, click here .

Now, if you're ready to learn the best techniques, go ahead!

How important is the sales cycle in delivering results ?

Calm! B2B sales cycle is to be shortened

There is a good side to having a long sales cycle: being able to recognize it. Now, you are one step away from applying the solution and changing this reality so that you don't have any major problems.

Enjoying an optimized sales cycle means revenue productivity. This allows the manager to design an efficient strategy and have full control of the situation. Only then is it possible to devise a healthy growth plan. Able to achieve the goals and objectives established by senior management in less time.

To achieve this feat, you need to look into the sales funnel and optimize each of the steps. Check out the definition in our Sales Glossary .

Improving the attraction so that it is more assertive and targeted at guarantees chances of conversion. We're talking about the top of the funnel, where the focus is on lead discovery and learning.


The best thing to do in this part of the funnel is to invest in Pre-Sales. Optimize the sales cycle using active prospecting and lead qualification . A Harvard Business Review article states that Presales companies have above average closing rates . Between 40 - 50% in the acquisition of new customers and 80 - 90% in the renewal of contracts.

Segmentation allows for an assertive approach so that you avoid unnecessary follow ups. In this step of the funnel, the focus is recognition and consideration.

The important thing is to help the lead realize they have a problem and consider a solution to it: the one that only you have. To be successful, set the behavior pattern of the buyer personas. Create an objection manual to help the team get around them more quickly.

It is also positive to define triggers for each step of the sales cycle. Do this so the team knows when to get in direct contact. Or, still, when to forward the lead to enter the nutrition flow via email, for example.

Finally, improving traction methods ensures that the lead will be guided through the buying journey in an agile manner. Here, we refer to the evaluation and purchase stage.

The lead already knows about the problem and already knows the proposal you have. All that remains is for the seller to step in and guarantee the closing of the contract. It's time to use the sales techniques that best fit your business profile and go hunting!

In our content about lead qualification, you can find different methodologies. If you want to go deeper,  we have a post with analysis and graphics explaining the shortening of the sales cycle.

Challenges x Solutions for managing the sales cycle

Keeping the process slow means taking unnecessary risks. To understand this, you don't have to go very far: think about yourself.

When you need to solve a problem, like changing your house's plumbing. As much as you are willing to know about offers and search for the best cost-benefit, you have urgency. When contacting the service provider, you receive delay or difficulty in solving doubts. It's unlikely you'll close a deal with her, is it?

Even paying more, you are likely to consume from those who provide a good service, right? Who demonstrates readiness and efficiency to help you in whatever you need, before and after the purchase.

In order not to lose the customer, invest in follow up automation, email marketing, nutrition flow and segmentation with lead scoring . This is a tool that awards points according to the degree of maturity of the purchase. This makes it easy for the team to identify what the priorities are and who is at the right time for contact. About 53% of technology stakeholders are betting on these techniques as the most relevant by 2020 .

Having a consultative approach to the prospect helps pull them in faster. In addition, it increases satisfaction with the shopping experience.

What do we learn from this? That if you delay or hinder the consumer's purchase process, it can be won by the competition. It is proven that 35% to 50% of leads close deals with whoever responds first .

Another challenge is to keep the entire team aligned in the same speech and approach. So that everyone has satisfactory levels of productivity. For this, we suggest the creation of smart scripts. This allows you to replicate knowledge among everyone on the team. LRM software can also automate this function, making the practice even more competent.

These are just a few examples of the many that could be hurting business returns. With this, the management of the sales cycle will be more efficient and will know the right measures to leverage the commercial process.

Better late than never: why accelerate the sales cycle


It is never too late to improve what is not going well. If you've made a few mistakes so far, that's fine. The important thing is that you are more empowered. Now, you can identify these problems and can take the necessary actions.

After a few tips, let's prove to you how effective these changes have on sales results.

One of our success stories is João Romão, CEO of Mobiliza . With the help of Exact Sales, the company was able to double revenue in just 6 months.

The seller wasted too much time explaining the value proposition. And that, consequently, ended up delaying the sales cycle. We recognized that the error lay in focusing more on the product than on marketing. The change in mindset and applying Spotter to manage leads led to these results.

Now, Mobiliza works with Pre-sales, concerned with the segmentation and qualification of leads. Ensuring they don't waste any more time with a prospect who isn't ready to buy yet.

We can also be inspired by the example of Felipe, commercial director of the Mainô company .

With Exact Spotter, the manager was able to identify bottlenecks in the sales funnel. In addition, it used the metrics collected to adjust the business process and improve sales. The result was a record 50% conversion rate and double the generation of qualified leads.

We have features for monitoring team performance and conversion rates. Along with the definition of scripts dedicated to each step of the business process. And that, believe me! They are great differentials to get there.

These are just a few of the many success stories with the Exact method . Our greatest satisfaction is knowing that we are part of such important achievements in the business world.

You too can be part of that hall of fame, serving as an example and inspiration for whoever makes it to the top. Watch a demonstration of Spotter at work here. Be delighted with the functionality of this tool in the sales cycle.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment