Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The New Girl

A Horrid Henry Fanfiction about Henry and Ralph''''s relationship with the new girl, Gina.

Chapter 1 - The New Girl

Chapter 1 - The New Girl
“Henry, get up, it’s school!” A loud voice shouted upstairs. No one answered so a middle-aged woman stormed into the nearest room and pulled the covers off a young boy.
“Henry, get up, it’s time for school!”
“Oh, why today? Why does it have to be school today?” Henry moaned as he rolled over and closed his eyes again.
“Henry, I mean it, get up this second!” The woman shouted.
“But mum…”
“No buts, school!” she shouted as she walked out of the room. Henry rolled onto the floor and attempted to get up. He failed and resulted into sleeping on the floor. At that moment, a young boy with blonde hair waltzed into the room.
“Come on Henry, get up!” The boy smiled.
”Silence worm. And get out of my room!” Henry sneered at the boy. The boy’s face grew teary eyed.
“Mum, Henry’s being mean!” He bawled.
“Don’t be horrid Henry, leave Peter alone!” His mum shouted back. Henry slanted his eyes at his young brother which caused him to bolt out of his room with his toy bunny gripped tightly to his hand. Henry slowly got up, picked up yesterday’s clothes off the floor and put them on and then walked into the bathroom. He quickly brushed his teeth, splashed water on his face and ruffled his hair and then walked down the stairs. A tall man with ginger hair, the same colour as Henry’s walked onto the landing. He raised an eyebrow at Henry.
“Henry, have you brushed your hair?” The man asked
“Yes dad.” Henry lied.
“Henry, get up those stairs immediately and brush your hair!” his father yelled. Henry rolled his eyes and trudged back up the stairs. Once he had given his hair a couple of quick brushes, he trudged back down, pulled on his backpack and opened the front door.
“Hurry dad, were going to be late!” Peter screamed as he ran passed Henry, followed by dad and into the car.
“Come on Henry, hurry up!” His dad shouted as Henry slowly made his way to the car, back hunched and hands in pockets.

They entered the school grounds, late again. Peter jumped out of the car and ran into the school. Henry on the other hand slowly walked towards the school. Once he was finally in, he made his way to Miss Battleaxe’s classroom.
“Henry, your late again!” Miss Battleaxe snorted as Henry pushed the door open. Henry huffed and went to sit by his best friend, Ralph.
“So, why are you late?” Ralph asked as Henry threw his backpack to the ground and sat down.
“Oh you know the usual!” Henry winked. The two boys laughed.
“Boys, be quiet!” Miss Battleaxe silenced them. Only then did the two boys notice that a young girl was standing next to Miss Battleaxe. She had long brown, wavy hair, denim jeans, pink and white trainers, a grey t-shirt with a dog on the front and a purple bandanna.
“Who’s that then?” Henry asked, pointing to the girl.
”Henry, don’t you listen to anything?” Miss Battleaxe steamed. “This is the new girl in our class, Gina!” Henry and Ralph looked at each other blankly. “As you’re so keen to know who she is, she can sit with you two boys.” Miss Battleaxe grinned.
“Sit with a girl? Yuck!” Henry said as he poked his tongue out. Ralph just sat silently. Gina made her way over to the table and sat in-between the two boys. Henry just sat there, folding his arms with a disappointed expression on his face. Ralph however, turned towards Gina.
“Hi, I’m Ralph!” He smiled, his cheeks turning slightly pink.
“Hi, I’m Gina!” Gina smiled back.
“So, why are you here?” Ralph asked.
“My old school wasn’t very good so my parents moved me here.” Gina replied.
“Ah, I see!” Ralph replied, his cheeks now turning a bright red. Henry turned to his best friend, grabbed his hood and pulled him towards him.
“What’s wrong with you?” Henry asked angrily.
“I actually don’t know! I just got all tingly when I talked to her!” Ralph whispered.
“Well stop it!” Henry snarled as he pushed Ralph back to his seat. Ralph was silent for the rest of the lesson.

“What was that all about?” Henry shouted at Ralph in the playground that break time.
“I don’t know Henry, but whatever that feeling was, it’s gone now!” Ralph sighed. Meanwhile, Gina was sitting drawing on a bench when a young group of girls came up to her.
“Welcome!” The tallest girl said. “I’m Margaret, leader of the Secret Club!”
“Yeah, the Secret Club!” the second girl repeated who had ginger hair and a sour looking face.
“This is my second-in-command, Susan!” Margaret said pointing to the girl. Behind them were three other girls known as Linda, Gurinder and Soraya.
”Uh, hi.” Gina blinked. Margaret then pulled out a scroll and handed it to Gina.
“Here, just sign the paper and you can join the Secret Club!” Margaret said forcefully.
“Actually, I’ll think about it first and get back to you.” Gina stifled a smile. Margaret screwed up her face.
“Fine. Come on girls!” She commanded and they walked off. Gina briefly glanced at the scroll, put it in her bag and then went back to her drawings. Henry and Ralph were behind her at the time and Ralph had over hears the conversation.
“Hey Henry, do you think she’s want to join the Purple Hand Gang?” Ralph asked.
“What? No! She’s a girl!” Henry replied harshly.
“I know. I’m going to ask her anyway.” Ralph replied as he walked towards her.
“What?” Henry puzzled and then ran after Ralph.
“Hi Gina! I was wondering if you’d like to join the-” Ralph started but was cut off as Henry leaped on him. “Get off Henry!” Ralph shouted as he pushed Henry off him.
“It’s for your own good Ralph, I don’t know what’s gotten into you lately!” Henry glared.
“Is there a problem” Gina asked as she walked over.
“No.” Said Henry shortly.
“Would you like to join the Purple Hand Gang?” Ralph smiled. Henry punched Ralph in the shoulder.
“Well sure! If that’s ok with you though.” Gina replied.
“Why don’t you join the Secret Club instead?” Henry asked.
“Don’t tell her but Margaret looked awfully bossy.” Gina giggled. Henry’s face lit up.
“Welcome to the Purple Hand Gang!” He grinned.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment