Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Perfect Day

This is a dream I had once. It's just your typical, yet, not typical chick flick movie idea. It's about a guy who falls in love with a girl, and another girl who gets in the way. Then there is a sister who is in the middle of it all.

Chapter 1 - The Perfect Day

Chapter 1 - The Perfect Day
It’s a beautiful day on the beach. The California sun is shining, the children are playing, and the waves are crashing on the shore. A life guard is standing in the watch tower while peering through the binoculars with his beautiful blue eyes. His light brown hair with blonde highlights at the tip of each spike glistened in the summer sun. He watched the people swimming with their friends and families enjoying the time that they share together. A group of friends was taking pleasure in a sociable jet ski competition. One girl was apparently in the lead. She had long, wavy brown hair with green eyes. The smile she had on her face brought out the beauty of her personality. Then, without her knowledge, a vast wave crashed on top of her, causing her to fall off her jet ski and into the water. Her friends noticed this, but she was so far ahead of them that they were unable to reach her. The life guard in the tower jumped from the top of the tower to the burning sand below, not using the stairs for fear of lost time. He dove into the water and swam as fast as he could until he reached the girl. He brought her on shore and proceeded to do CPR to revive her. The girl coughed up some water that had entered her lungs and opened her eyes gradually. The life guard smiled and said, “Hey, you’re all right now, I’ve got you.” The girl smiled.


~~~1 year later~~~
(At a local coffee shop on the boardwalk)


The girl that had a near death experience works in the “Boardwalk Café.” The life guard walks in. They have established a best friend relationship since that horrendous, yet, miraculous day on the beach.

Girl *waving*: “Hey what’s up Nick?”

Nick *smiling*: “Oh hey Lynn how’s it going?”

Lynn: “Eh…hanging in there.”

Nick *laughed*: “I know how you feel. My job is giving me hell.”

Lynn: “Oh yea I forgot you had another job. I bet you like being a life guard more though."

Nick: “Of course, if I had my way I would be a life guard as a life-long career. I get to meet so many special people like you.” *winks and smiles*

Lynn *blushes*. “Aww cut it out.” *smiles*

Nick: “When does your shift end?”

Lynn *looks at watch*: “Right now.” *smiles*

Nick *gets off bar stool*: “Great! Hey how about we go for a walk.”

Lynn *nods*: “Sure.”


~~~On the beach shore where the waves break against the sand~~~
(About sunset)


Nick was walking next to Lynn.
Lynn was looking at the water splashing over her shoeless feet.

Nick *looks at Lynn*

Lynn: “What is it? Do I have something on my face?” *wipes her face*

Nick: “Oh, no it’s not that…..it’s just…..nothing never mind…” *smiles*

Lynn *smiles*

Nick *in a quiet voice*: “Actually, there is something I have been meaning to tell you, but I don’t exactly know how.”

Lynn: “It’s ok, I’m sure the words will come out somehow. *smiles at Nick* *looks down at her watch* Oh no!”

Nick: “What is it?”

Lynn: “My sister is picking her friend up from the airport, but I have the car so I’m supposed to be home right now.”

Nick: “Oh, ok I guess I’ll see you later then, we’ll continue our conversation.” *smiles*

Lynn: “All right! See ya.” *runs to her car as she is trying to slip her shoes back on*

Nick watches as Lynn gets into her car and drives off. He sighs and plops himself on the sand and watches the sun fall under the horizon of the sea.


~~~At Lynn’s apartment~~~


Lynn *runs up to the apartment*

Julie (Lynn’s sister): “Where have you been, Desiree’s plane lands in 20 minutes!”

Lynn: “I know, I know. I was with Nick.”

Julie *smiles*: “Ooooohhhh anything happen?”

Lynn *raises brow*: “No why would anything happen, we’re just friends.”

Julie: “Uh….huh…well then shall we go?”

Lynn *looks at her sister suspiciously*

Julie grabs her jacket and they both walked down the stairs to Lynn’s car. They drive to the airport.


~~~At the gate~~~
(The plane lands and people begin to file out of the terminal)


Lynn *looking around*: “Where is she?”

Julie *looks at Lynn*: “What am I, her keeper?”

Lynn: “Yes.” *smiles*

Julie: “Shut up.” *laughs* *points* “Oh look there she is!” *runs to Desiree and gives her a hug*

Desiree *surprised*: “OMG Julie! It’s been so long!”

Julie: “I’m so glad you could come.”

Lynn *walks up to the two*

Julie “Oh, Desiree, you remember my little sister Lynn.”

Desiree *smiles*: “How could I forget?” *gives Lynn a hug*

Lynn: “It’s good to see you again Desiree.”

Desiree: “You too.”

Julie *puts hands together and smiles* *turns to Desiree*: “Well then, you have had a long flight so shall we go home so you can get some rest?”

Desiree *nods*: Yes, please! I hate flying, I always get jet lag.”

Lynn *smiles*:”Come, come.”

The three girls walk to the parking garage to the car. They put Desiree’s bags in the trunk and drive back to the apartment.


~~~Back at the apartment~~~


Desiree *looking around*: “Wow Jules, you have a nice place.”

Julie *smiles*: "Thanks. Well then, I’ll show you where you will be staying.”

Desiree *nods and follows Julie*


Lynn *sighs* she sits on the couch and turns on the TV. She couldn’t focus on
the programs because she could only think about what Nick wanted to say and what Julie did say.


*Flashback*


Nick’s voice: “Actually, there is something I have been meaning to tell you, but I don’t exactly know how.”

Julie’s voice: “Ooooohhhh anything happen?”
Lynn‘s voice:: “No why would anything happen, we’re just friends.”
Julie’s voice: “Uh….huh…”


Lynn *shakes her head* “No, it couldn’t be.” She laughs slightly and goes to her room to go to bed.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

The_Chao_Lover on July 3, 2004, 4:43:37 AM

The_Chao_Lover on
The_Chao_Loveroooh! This is good so far!