Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Conflict

This is a dream I had once. It's just your typical, yet, not typical chick flick movie idea. It's about a guy who falls in love with a girl, and another girl who gets in the way. Then there is a sister who is in the middle of it all.

Chapter 2 - The Conflict

Chapter 2 - The Conflict
~~~Next day~~~
(At the Boardwalk Café)


Lynn is wiping off the tables in the coffee shop and Julie and Desiree are sitting at the counter catching up on old times. Nick walks in.

Lynn *looks up and smiles*: “Hey Nick!”

Nick *waves*: “Hello Lynn. *looks over to Julie* Hey Julie! And who is this lovely lady?” *points to Desiree*

Julie *looks at Desiree*: “Oh this is my old friend Desiree. She just flew in last night. She will be staying with Lynn and me for a few weeks. Desiree this is Nick,*pointing to Nick* he is a good friend of Lynn’s.”

Desiree *smiles*: “Nice to meet you Nick, so do you have a girlfriend?”

Julie *looks at Desiree*: “Dez! I’m sorry she can be a little forward.” *she says to Nick*

Nick *smiles* “I don’t mind. No, at the current moment I don’t have a girlfriend.”

Desiree: “Ah, I see. I wonder why that is.”

Nick *shrugs and glances at Lynn who is still cleaning off the other tables in the shop*

Desiree: “So what do you do?”

Nick *looks back towards Desiree and Julie*: “Well, I have a part time job as a computer programmer, but during the summers I like being a life guard.”

Desiree: “That’s cool.”

Julie: “He actually saved Lynn’s life once.”

Desiree *surprised*: “Oh really! That’s fantastic!”

Nick *blushes and scratches head*: “Well, yea I kinda did that. Heh Heh.”

Lynn *walks over*: “Now, now Nick, don’t be so modest.”

Nick *smiles* *looks at clock on the wall* “Oh is that the real time? Crap, I gotta get to work. If I’m late again I’m gonna get fired!”

Desiree *sad*: “Aww do you have to go so soon, I wanted to get to know you better.”

Nick: “We can chat some other time, ok?”

Desiree *smiles*: “Sure!”

Nick: “Nice to meet you Desiree. It was great seeing you again Julie. *turns to
Lynn* and I’ll see you later, Ok Lynn?” *with a charming look in his eyes*

Lynn: “Of course!” *smiles*

Nick *smiles*: “Well then, Good-Bye.”

Nick leaves.

Desiree: “Wow, he’s pretty cute and he’s a real gentleman.”

Julie: “Yeah, he is. He’s a real nice guy. I wonder why he’s still single.”

Desiree *laughs*: “Well that will change shortly.”

Julie *raises brow*: “What, you think you can get somewhere with him?”

Desiree *smiles menacingly*: “I don’t think I can get somewhere with him, I know I can.”

Julie: “Wow, you’re bad.” *laughs* “Well, maybe Lynn can get you a date with him. She’s, like, best friends with him.”

Desiree *looks at Lynn*: “Really? Will you do that for me Lynn? I promise I’ll repay you.”

Lynn *sighs*: “Ok, Ok. I’ll see what I can do.”

Desiree *gets up and gives Lynn a hug*: “Oh thank you! Thank you!”

Lynn: “Yeah, you’re welcome.”


~~~Next afternoon~~~
(It’s Saturday and Nick is up in the life guard tower))


Nick *looking at a picture of him and Lynn on the beach, thinks to himself*: “Why? Why can’t I let her know how I feel about her? The timing is never right.”

There’s a knock at the door.

Nick *looks outside the window and opens it*
Lynn is standing there.

Nick *surprised*: “Lynn! What are you doing here?”

Lynn *looking at Nick*: “I have to tell you something, can you spare a moment?"

Nick: “Of course!” *smiles*

Julie and Desiree are at a table on the boardwalk close to the tower. They watch Lynn talk to Nick.

Nick *looking at Lynn*: “So what did you need to tell me?”

Lynn *looks down at her feet

Nick *watches her body language and senses that something is the matter*: "Lynn, what is it?"

Lynn *continues to stare at her feet*: “I wonder now… if coming here was a mistake.”

Nick: “Why?”

Lynn: “I don’t know.”

Nick: “Come on, you can tell me anything. I’m here for you.”

Lynn: “I came here to tell you something, but now I’m thinking, I shouldn’t”

Nick *raises eyebrows*

Lynn: “Someone I know likes you. She didn’t know how to tell you.”

Nick *smiles thinking Lynn is talking about herself*: “I know how you feel, but you don’t have to be afraid.” *he raises her head to face him* *he moves closer and kisses Lynn*

Lynn *moves away and looks into Nick’s ice blue eyes*: “Nick…” *blushes and kisses him back*

Desiree watches Lynn kiss Nick. A tear began to develop in her eye. She turned and ran away and Julie chased after her.

Lynn saw Desiree running away. She tries to go after her but Nick grabs her arm.

Nick: "What was that about?"

Lynn *looking to the floor*: “I actually came here to tell you that Desiree likes you, not me. I came here to see if you would go on a date with her, but by the time I got here, I realized that I didn’t want you to go out with her, I wanted you to go out with me. I have liked you for the longest time, ever since that day that you saved my life on that beach. I just never knew how to tell you. I’m sorry, I’m being selfish. I understand if you don’t feel the same.”

Nick *smiles and kissed her once more*: “I feel the same way.”

Lynn *smiles and kisses him*

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment