Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Decision

This is a dream I had once. It's just your typical, yet, not typical chick flick movie idea. It's about a guy who falls in love with a girl, and another girl who gets in the way. Then there is a sister who is in the middle of it all.

Chapter 3 - The Decision

Chapter 3 - The Decision
~~~At Julie and Lynn’s apartment~~~


Desiree *storms in, sits on the couch, and buries her face in a pillow*
Julie *comes in shortly afterward and sits next to Desiree*


Julie: “Dez, don't cry. It will be ok.”

Desiree's face is still in the pillow.

Julie *looks at Desiree*: “I just don't understand why Lynn would do that.”

Desiree *sits up*: “I don’t know, but I know now that me and him would have never worked out. I could see the way he looked at her when they were in the coffee shop yesterday. He had the look of love in his eyes.” *she smiles slightly*

Julie *looks at Desiree*

Desiree: “I just never knew your sister was capable of doing something like that. I know I would have just gotten hurt anyway, but if she liked him she could have at least told me before I made myself look like an idiot.”

Julie: “Yeah. I’ll talk to her when she gets home.”


~~~Later that night~~~


Lynn walks in.
Julie is on the couch. She puts down the book she was reading and looks at Lynn.


Lynn *looks up and sees Julie* she *turns and shuts the door*: “I know what
you’re going to say, so just go on and say it.”

Julie: “I knew you liked Nick. I only realized it before you did. That’s why I suggested that you ask him out for Desiree, because I knew if you knew that someone else liked him, that you would realize you liked him yourself.”

Lynn *looks over to Julie*: “What? Even if I like him, it doesn’t change the fact that I hurt Desiree. I’m going to tell him tomorrow, first thing, that I can’t go out with him.”

Lynn *goes to her room*

Julie *sighs*: “She won’t do it.”
She continues reading.


~~~At a party thrown by one of the other life guards~~~


Nick is on the patio talking on the phone. His feet are rested on top of the outside coffee table as he leans back in the chair.

Lynn looks out the window and sees him. She walks outside.

Nick *looks up and sees Lynn*: "Hey can I call you back later? O.k. Bye." *he hangs up the phone* "Hey Lynn, what's up?"

Lynn *looking down*: “I can’t do this.”

Nick: “Do what?”

Lynn: “This, with you.”

Nick *gasps*: “Why? What are you worried about? If you’re afraid I’m going to hurt you, don’t be, because I won’t.”

Lynn: “I know you won’t, *she looks up and smiles* but that’s not the reason. It’s just that I don’t feel right hurting Desiree like this. You should be with her. I don’t want to ruin what we have going on. Our friendship is too important to me. So, let’s just be friends.”

Nick: “But, I don’t want to be just friends, I want to be more than friends, but if that’s what will make you happy, then fine, I’ll go out with Desiree. If that’s what you truly want.”

Lynn *smiles slightly to hide her sadness*: “It is.”

Nick: “How about tomorrow night, we’ll double date.”

Lynn: “But I don’t have a date and I don’t want to intrude.”

Nick: “No you won’t intrude. I'm not gonna do it without you.”

Lynn: “Fine, I’ll go. You just place the guilt right on me huh?"

Nick *laughs*: "Yeah."

Lynn *smiles*: "There is one problem though."

Nick: "What's that?"

Lynn *walks over to the chair next to Nick's and sits down*: "I don't have a date and on such short notice I can't call up someone from my 'little black book.'"

Nick *raises brow*: "You have a little black book? I thought only guys had that."

Lynn *smiles*: "Hey maybe mine is a differnt color, but it's the same concept."

Nick *laughs*: Ok, ok. Let me think..."

Lynn *watches Nick "think"*

Nick *gets excited*: "Oh! I got it!"

Lynn *stares at him*: "Alright. Who is it?"

Nick: “I have this friend that I think you will like. His name is Charlie. He worked with me as a life guard last summer.”

Lynn: “Oh I think I remember him. He’s the guy with spikey blonde hair right?”

Nick: “Yeah that’s him.”

Lynn *smiles*: “Yeah he was cute.” *laughs*

Nick *looks at her*: “That’s not funny, now I’m gonna find an ugly guy for you.” *chuckles*

Lynn: “I’m sorry, I’ll go with Charlie.” *continues to giggle*

Nick *smiles*: “That’s what I thought.”

They stop lauging and there is an awkward silence.

Lynn *looks at watch*: "Oh I promised Julie I'd be home early so I...I better get going." *she says in a quiet voice while smiling*

Nick: "All right. I'll see you tomorrow then." *smiles*

Lynn *nods*: "Yeah. See ya!"

Lynn goes back inside the house and out the front door. She gets in her car and drives off.

Nick places his feet back on the coffee table and leans back in his chair staring at the starry sky.


~~~At Lynn’s apartment~~~


Desiree and Julie are watching TV.
Lynn walks in.

Julie *looks at Lynn*: "Hey Lynn, how was the party?"

Lynn *taking her jacket off*: "Eh...it was alright."

Julie: "So, I'm guessing it wasn't that good then, since you came home early this time."

Lynn: "Yeah heh. I saw Nick there."

Julie: "Did you two talk?"

Lynn: "Yeah, we decided on something."

Julie: "What did you decide on?"

Lynn “I'll tell you later."

Lynn *walks over to Desiree*: “Desiree, I wanted to say that I am really and truly sorry.”

Desiree: “It’s fine, don’t worry about it.” *smiles*

Lynn: “What are you doing tomorrow night?”

Desiree: “Nothing. Why?”

Lynn: “Well, me and Nick were talking and we realized that we don’t want to ruin our friendship, so he wants to go on a double date. It will be me, you, Nick, and his friend Charlie. Do you want to go?”

Desiree: “Hmm…I don’t know…”

Lynn: “Come on, please? For me?” *flutters her eyes*

Desiree *smiles and rolls her eyes*: “Fine, when you put it that way, I guess I’ll do it.”

Lynn: “Yay! Thank you!” *she gives her a hug*

Desiree *smiles*: “Well, I'm tired now so I'll be going to bed. Night you guys!” *walks to her room and goes to bed*

Lynn sits next to Julie and puts her head on her shoulder.

Julie: “I know how you feel right now.”

Lynn: “Like a bag of crap?”

Julie: “Well those weren’t the exact words I was going to use, but yeah.”

Lynn *sighs*: “Well, I knew it was the right thing to do.”

Julie: “If that’s what you think… I think I'm gonna go to bed too. Good-night.”

Lynn: “Ok. Night Jules.”

Julie *closes her door and sits on her bed. she thinks to herself*: "Kids, heh." *she lays down, closes her eyes and falls asleep*

Lynn goes to her room and plops herself on the bed. She was unable to sleep because she kept thinking about Nick.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

The_Chao_Lover on July 3, 2004, 4:50:56 AM

The_Chao_Lover on
The_Chao_LoverLynn didn't accually say who was going out with charlie and who was going out with nick... oh well, This fanfic rocks!