Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

So fluffy, it purrs! A KyoXSaki, YukiXTohru, ShigureXHimself(joking), and i dunno who else fic. Mostly KyoXSaki

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1


Warning: The following story is pure fluff. It's so fluffy that if you start to rub it, it's going to purr. Sesshoumaru would wear this fiction on his shoulder, that's how fluffy it is.

Bongo: I think you made your point. It's fluffy

Anthony: Yeah, you're probably right. I just like to extol the fluffiness.

Robin: Why don't you give them a synopsis?

Anthony: Good idea, Robin-chan! *hugs Robin, just for the hell of it.*

This is a Fruits Basket fluff-and-song fic. It's 99% yaoi free, but there might be a few jokes aimed at Ayame, so I can't promise a completely yaoi-less story.

Ayame: Well, I suppose that it will have to do. *drifts off in search of Yuki. And it's just to try and bridge the rift, you pervs.*

Uh, yeah…oh, by the way, this is a KyoXSaki fiction. Saki Hanajima deserves to find love, and who better then Kyon? *cackles* Also: There is no curse in this story, so there is plenty of hugging. *hugs Robin to prove his point.*

Robin: I appreciate the gesture, but I'm not cursed.

Anthony: I just wanted to hug you.



Words-resembling-a-disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket. That honor belongs to Natsuki Takaya-sensei. I don't own a single song that appears in this story. Those belong to, among others, Taku Iwasaki, Nobuo Uematsu, Utada Hikaru, Bonnie Pink, Do As Infinity, Evanescence, Billy Klippert, etc. I do own this story, in a manner of speaking, so anyone who tries to steal this will be beaten to death with a stick of stale French bread. *brandishes baguette in a sinister fashion* I also own Hikaru.



One Unlikely Romance

A very fluffy song fic by Anthony Butler. *evil cackles heard in background.*



Kyo Sohma, age 17, lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling, listening to his radio. A small part of his brain told him that the song was by Utada Hikaru, and it was called Simple and Clean, but he was too busy staring at the stipple dots, mulling over that day. Tohru Honda, the one girl he truly loved, had just shaken her head when he finally confessed his feelings.

“I'm sorry, Kyo. I-I don't feel the same way about you. I love Yuki.”

Tohru's words had been bad enough, but the pity in her eyes was too much for Kyo. He had run away from her, trying not to cry. If she had been cruel about her rejection, maybe then it would be alright. But she pitied him, felt sorry for him.

“Hold me; whatever lies beyond this morning is a little later on.

Regardless of heartache, the future doesn't scare me at all.

Nothing's like before!” sang Utada.

Kyo sighed. “You're right about that.” He said to his radio. “Nothing's like before.”

“Kyo, we're going to be late for school!” Tohru's voice said from the hall. “Are you feeling okay?”

“Yeah, I'm fine.” Kyo said. “I'll be right there.” He listened as Tohru drifted away, and rolled over. School would help.



“Morning, Hana-chan!” Tohru said cheerfully, waving. “Where's Uo-chan?”

Saki Hanajima pulled her books out of her locker. “She's sick today. Her allergies are acting up again.”

Tohru nodded sympathetically. “I'll make her some soup, and bring it over to her after school.” She said.

Saki nodded. “That would be good.” She paused, as a few members of the Prince Yuki fan club walked by. As usual, they gave her and Tohru dirty looks.

“Megumi says hello.” Saki said calmly, watching as the three girls dashed off.

“Huh?” Tohru asked, confused. “What's that all about?”
“Oh, nothing…” Saki replied mysteriously. “Nothing at all.”



“Morning, Kyonkyon.” Hikaru, one of Kyo's friends said. “You look glum today.”

“S'nothing.” Kyo replied.

“Oh really?” Hikaru asked. “This wouldn't have anything to do with Tohru and Yuki, would it?”

“WHAT?” Most of the girls in the class screamed. “WHAT ABOUT THE WIT-I MEAN TOHRU-AND YUKI? WHAT?”

“Uh, they're dating?” Hikaru said nervously. “Didn't you know?”

The girls wailed like banshees.

“Why would you think that Tohru and that damn Yuki have anything to do with me being down today?” Kyo asked.

“Dude, it's obvious that you like her.” Hikaru said. “Tohru is the only person you aren't a completely homicidal delinquent around.”

Kyo hit his friend on the back of the head, and sat down. “That's not true.”

“Liar liar, pants on fire.” Hikaru retorted, rubbing the lump on the back of his head. “Just admit it.”

“…Even-even if I did like Tohru, she likes Yuki.” Kyo said. “That's it. End of story.”

“Ah, that's it!” Hikaru said, patting Kyo's shoulder. “You got rejected. Poor Kyonkyon.”

Kyo grumbled something and buried his face in his arms, staring at his desk.



“How're you feeling, Uo-chan?” Tohru asked. “Any better?”

“Nah.” Arisa Uotani replied cheerfully, between coughs. “All this damn pollen is a pain.”

“I brought you some soup.” Tohru said, setting the bowl down on the counter. “You should have some. Hana-chan said she'll bring you today's homework.”

“Could you tell her that I'm dead?” Arisa asked hopefully.

“Uo-chan, don't be silly.” Tohru said. “You need to keep up in your schoolwork.”

Arisa's expression clearly stated that she didn't believe a word of this. “So how's Prince Charming, and Kyon?” she asked.

“Actually, Kyo isn't that good…” Tohru said. “He told me that he loves me, but…”

“You told him that you liked Prince Charming instead?” Arisa asked. “How'd he take it?”
“He ran off.” Tohru said. “He seems to be okay, but I'm worried about him.”

“Meh. Kyon 'll be fine. He's tough.” Arisa said. “Now if it was Yuki who got rejected, he'd probably kill himself.”

“What?!” Tohru exclaimed. “Yuki wouldn't do something like that!”

Arisa laughed. “Calm down, Tohru-kun. I'm just kidding. Yuki would probably just sulk in his room for days.”

“Kyo's been doing that a lot.” Tohru said. “He's not coming out of his room except to eat. I don't think he's even training.”

“Broken heart.” Arisa said flippantly. “He'll get over it before you know it.”



Anthony: Hmm, this looks promising.

Bongo: Is this going to run as long as A Brush With Death?

Anthony: Nah. This one shouldn't go past the double digits, chapter wise. Of course, that just means I need to write longer chapters…

Robin: So when does the KyoXSaki come in?
Anthony: I dunno. Whereabouts chapter two, I guess. Don't hold me to it!

Bahamut: *shrug* we won't.

Anthony: Good.

And now, time for a rant.

WHY DOES FINAL FANTASY NOT LET YOU KEEP PLAYING ON THE SAME FILE AFTER YOU BEAT CHAOS? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PLAY THROUGH ON A NEW FILE, FROM THE BEGINNING? AND HOW DO YOU GET TO THAT STUPID SOUL OF CHAOS THING? GRR…

Eliza: *despairing sigh* And you've been so calm lately. *gives Anthony his `freaking out over a video game' tranquilizer.*

Anthony: *normal* Ah, much better.

Uh, I'm going to end this now, before it gets too weird… *weirdness meter reads `High levels of weirdness*

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Moon_the_blue_neko on December 22, 2005, 12:06:40 PM

Moon_the_blue_neko on
Moon_the_blue_neko"""WHY DOES FINAL FANTASY NOT LET YOU KEEP PLAYING ON THE SAME FILE AFTER YOU BEAT CHAOS? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PLAY THROUGH ON A NEW FILE, FROM THE BEGINNING? AND HOW DO YOU GET TO THAT STUPID SOUL OF CHAOS THING? GRR… """

dude i agree with that 100%!! anyway i loved your chapter ^_^

redheadblusher on August 4, 2005, 10:34:38 PM

redheadblusher on
redheadblusherlove the story so far.....saki and megumi r my fav characters...o great here comes my sisters dog...mini dachsuands* r annoying...y did my sister have to move back home?!?!?! ***sorry...im a horrible speller***

FaustVIII on March 19, 2005, 9:16:24 AM

FaustVIII on
FaustVIIIi've never read fruits basket and now i want to really bad ^^' it may have been fluffy but i enjoyed it! way to go a-chan!
-dandan