Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Chapter 8

After his defeat at the hands of the X-Laws, and Zeke's betrayal, can Basil go on?

Chapter 8 - Chapter 8

Chapter 8 - Chapter 8


….Sorry, I was mistaken.

Most of X-Law beating happens here. So if you like them, read the previous chapter, and skip this one.

Kyo is also introduced in full in this chapter.

I dun own Shaman King, Dani, Akumu, or any song lyrics that may or may not appear. I do own: Kyo's first name, and all ghosts associated with him. I own Rei, Rex, Tolstoy, April, Kyo's spirits, and the T-Rex. *T-Rex growls ferociously*



“What's going on?” Marco grunted, trying to evade his airy restraints.

“Simple. You're being held down by the wind.” A young man, about as tall as Rei, and dressed in dark blue, said. Five dolls stood in front of him.

“Those are spirit puppets!” Len exclaimed.

“Huh?” The remainder of Team Asakura, Dani, Faust, and Basil all asked.

“It's a type of shamanism called runic spiritualism.” Rei said, hitting one of the X-Laws under the chin with the butt of his scythe. “Spirits of particular elements are placed into those dolls, and then they can emerge in the form of an animal.”

“Exactly.” Kyo said cheerfully. “In this case, Shota, a wind spirit, is creating a downdraft that's holding Blondie there in place, while Kita, an earth spirit, is rampaging down there in the form of a dragon.”

“But what about the other three dolls?” Yoh asked, watching as the stone dragon thrashed the X-Laws.

Kyo held out his arm towards the remaining dolls. “Meet Aya, a fire spirit, Toya, a water spirit, and Daisuke, a wood spirit. If you'll notice, there isn't any fire or water in the area, so I can't call out the first two, and I really don't feel like using up all of my mana supporting three dolls, when there's minimal wood in the area.” He explained.

“With spirit puppets, in order for the spirit to manifest itself outside of the doll, there must be whatever element that the spirit is associated with, in order for the spirit to control it.” Len said, slicing a gun into two halves. “And, the more of that element that is available, the more powerful the spirit is.”

“An interesting choice.” Marco gasped. “Choosing the two elements that are always plentiful to fight us.” He pulled a new gun out of his shirt. “Kether!” he shouted, aiming at one of the two glowing puppets.

“Yurika!” Kyo shouted, lifting up his arm. A sixth doll jumped out from behind him, and began to wave its hands. Every bit of metal that the X-Laws were holding flew up towards the doll.

“You didn't think that I'd come unprepared, did you?” Kyo asked. “Shota, let him go.” He barked.

Marco jumped up, as the wind released him. He reached for his gun, but it was gone. Behind him, Faust's T-Rex spun towards the leader of the X-Laws, advancing intently.

“Marco! Behind you!” Lyserg shouted.

Why isn't he using the dowsing pendulum, or the Big Ben Bash? Yoh thought, pointing his sword at another X-Law.

Marco rolled, narrowly avoiding the skeleton dinosaur's claws, and bumped into-Akumu.

Dani, who was perched on a nearby boulder, waved. “So, tell me Marco, what gives you and your team the right to decide who lives, and who dies? Hmm? And if you say God, then so help me, Akumu is going to rip out your guts.”

“Our leader Jeanne has selected those of use who have lost something precious to Zeke to destroy him and all who associate with him.” Marco growled, delivering a kick at Akumu's leg. Akumu jumped over it, swinging the staff downward. The spear-like tip landed an inch from Marco's head.

“That wasn't very nice.” Dani said. “And that isn't a reason to destroy people. Did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason that those people joined Zeke is because they lost something too? And he promised them that he would return it to them.”

“Liar!” Lyserg shouted, jumping onto Dani. He pushed her onto the ground, and wrapped his hands around her throat.

“Eliza!” Faust shouted. His dead wife dashed towards Lyserg, ramming him with the tip of her staff. Lyserg went flying, and slammed into a boulder. Dani staggered back, rubbing her throat.

“Let Marco go, or I'll kill him.” Someone said. Meene, a young woman with brown hair, was holding Basil up, a knife placed at his throat. “I'll bleed him dry.”

“And your dry cleaning bills will be murder.” Rei quipped. “Really, you should look before you threaten.” He snapped his fingers, and two human skeletons dug themselves out of the ground, grabbing Meene's arms. Basil slid down to the ground, panting, and clutching his ribs. Faust jumped off of the T-Rex, and dashed over to Basil, who had curled up into a ball.

“It hurts.” He whispered. “I think she did something.”

Faust rolled Basil's overlarge shirt (on loan from Rex), and cautiously ran a gloved finger over the spot. “It's just the stitches.” He said. “I'll sew them back up when we're done.”

“Rex, let them go.” Rei ordered. “I don't think that they'll be doing anymore fighting.”

“Righto then. April, would you-”

“Done.” April grinned impishly, as the energy that was sealing off the clearing recollected into her mirror.



Once the X-Laws had fled, Faust returned his attentions to Basil.

“I'm going to need my suitcase.” He said. “But I left it back at the campsite.”

“Akumu's fast enough, so she can go and get it.” Dani said. Akumu's skull turned towards her. Dani pointed, and Akumu's over soul activated. The animate corpse dashed off towards the campsite. Ten minutes later, she returned with Faust's black suitcase. The German shaman opened it, and removed his suturing equipment.

“I'm going to need to put a cast on your ribs, to ensure that they don't move while they heal.” Faust said, removing several plaster strips. “It's going to restrict your movement slightly, but you'll be able to move around.” Basil nodded. “Rex, water.”

“Aye, mate.” Rex said, fishing for the canteen he was wearing. Faust removed a bowl from his suitcase, and emptied the contents of the canteen into it, and then he began to soak the plaster strips, and wrap them around Basil's stomach. “Don't move.” He cautioned.





I can never seem to end on a dramatic note…well, there was Chapter 7, and another one before that *too lazy to check*. But who cares!

In the next chapter, we're going to have some fluff, so be careful.

Also: Kyo's origins are finally revealed! (Gee, that doesn't sound too much like Dragonball, nein?)

Dandan, can you do a drawing of Akumu, so I can get a better description? You're going to hug Faust in later chapters, and I wanted to have a good idea of what your focus looks like, `cause she's going to try and drag you off. V^_^

An' thas' it for now! In the meantime…go read The Adventures of Earl! VO_< (Note: That's how you do Earl's face on a keyboard.)

Join the grey side of the Force! We combine the colorful Jedi wardrobe, with the insane power of the Dark Side. So, you get to wear colors other then black, but you also aren't restricted by a bunch of sissy rules that say you can't do anything. And: we get a 45% discount and a free beverage at the intergalactic movie theatres!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FaustVIII on December 16, 2004, 10:10:46 AM

FaustVIII on
FaustVIIIhee, okley dokely i'll have it done. if the moderators let another lined drawing in. but itll be up by tommarow. ^^, yay, even tho eliza saved me thats ok, faust commanded her! ^^, lol okes on a lighter side anyone who flames this story *bears teeth* akumu:...i thought that was my job
me:NOT ANYMORE!
gods i'm crazy ^^,