Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10

After his defeat at the hands of the X-Laws, and Zeke's betrayal, can Basil go on?

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10


*Hallelujah Chorus plays* Yay! My 10th chapter! It's a Brush with Death Decade! * Hallelujah Chorus stops*

In this chapter, as promised, there will be lime. There will be yaoi. There will be much Zeke and Co. abuse. But those three girls, with Ashcroft, Jack O'Lantern, and Chuck, now they were cool. I know that the blue-haired one, who controls Ashcroft, is named Kana, but I can't remember the other two's names. If I do remember, or if someone tells me, I'm putting them in the next chapter.

Also, Dandan, if you ask real nice, you can hug Faust again in the next chapter.

Of course, you already groped him, so you'll probably be happy for a while.

After eight chapters of Rex's shameless flirting, he and Basil are finally together. Remember: If you flame me, Dandan will attack you!

Obligatory disclaimer: I dun own Shaman King, or Dandan, or Akumu. I do own Rei, Kyo, Rex, April, Kyo's spirits, Tolstoy, and April. Anyone who tries to steal them will be burned to a crisp, and then wedgied by Bongo. (Can you imagine being wedgied by a seven-foot long hand? Ouch.)

Note: I'm bringing Anna, Morty, Jun, Lee, and Tammy into this. As of right now, it's caught up to where the TV show is. Well sort of.

The Li's aren't coming in for a bit, though.

Chapter 10:



“Wake up.”

Yoh groaned, as he felt the sandal-clad shoe prod his stomach. “Five more minutes, Anna.” He protested.

“GET UP NOW!” Anna shouted. Yoh sat upwards, and his face lit up

“Anna! Why are you here!” he said, giving his fiancée a hug.

“I came here to give you this.” Anna handed a book to Yoh. “It's called the Tome of the Shaman. Zeke wrote it, one thousand years ago. It contains several powerful secrets.”

Yoh examined the book, his brow furrowing. “Really? Where did you get it?”

Before Anna could reply, Kyo rolled over. “Anna-chan, what are you doing out here?”

“What are you doing here, Kyo-baka?” Anna demanded.

“Oh, I was looking for Doby Village, when I saw these guys fighting with the X-Laws, so I stopped by to give them a hand.” Her brother explained. “And I also ran into Zeke. He said that if you wanted to become Shaman Queen, you should marry him. Of course, he was singing to a different tune when Aya possessed the Spirit of Fire.” Kyo chuckled. “He ran away with his tail between his legs.”

“You've fought with Zeke?” Morty asked, surprised. “Hey Yoh!”

“Morty! You came too?” Yoh asked.

“Hello Morty.” Faust said, waving. Morty paled.

“Ah, don't worry, he won't hurt anyone.” Dani said. “Heyo. I'm Dani Allen, from the United States. I'm a necromancer.”

“Morning, Anna.” Rei said. “Rex, wake up.” He prodded the sleeping back. Basil stuck his head out, followed by Rex. “Yeah?” they asked.

“…never mind.” Rei said, backing away.

“Who are they?” Anna asked, motioning towards Rex and Basil.

“Rex O'Connell, from the Emerald Isle. And this here is my boyfriend, Basil.” Rex said, removing himself from the sleeping bag. He and Basil were still (mostly) dressed. “And my guardian ghost, April.”

“Howdy.” April said, polishing her mirror with her sleeve.

“What are you doing here, sis?!” Len asked, surprised.

Jun waved. “Lee and I were worried about you, so we decided to come with.”

“Ah! This is the Jun you were talking about!” Jocko said. “You said you didn't want her to see you wearing that dress and wig.”

Jun giggled, and Len pulled out his staff. “I'm going to kill you now.” He said calmly. Jocko ducked behind Trey.

“Well, this is a nice little gathering.” A familiar, sinister voice said. Zeke Asakura was standing atop a boulder, smiling. “But I guess that I'm going to have to reduce your team by a bit, Yoh.” The Spirit of Fire materialized behind Zeke.

“Oh, not so fast.” Kyo said, holding out his arm. “Aya!” he barked. The rune doll stood up, and pointed her fan at the Spirit of Fire. It wavered, and then dropped its arms.

Zeke laughed. “So, you're trying that trick again?” he asked. “But what if I were to change my spirit's element?”

Kyo held out his other hand. Shota, Toya, Kita, Daisuke, and Yurika stood up. “You can only change your spirit to one of three other elements: Water, Wind, or Earth. Meaning, I could take control of it easily.”

“But what if I were to, say, bring in another of my servants?” Zeke asked. “Such as…Lina?”

Behind Zeke, a girl no older then Yoh, stood. She was dressed in black silk and netting, with six dolls standing behind her.

“So, you have a rune spiritualist too, hmm?” Kyo asked. “Aya: drain the fire from the Spirit!”

The Spirit of Fire collapsed, transforming into a smaller version of itself. Behind it, flames roared into existence, in the form of a nine-tailed fox.

“Miran, Loren,” Lina said. Above her, storm clouds appeared, and then lightening struck the ground in front of her. A dog made of lightening appeared, then the cloud shifted into an eagle.

“Lightening and cloud spirits?” Kyo asked her. “Fine then.” He beckoned. “Shota, Kita, and Daisuke.”

“I think that we should get somewhere safer.” Anna said.



Kyo and Lina stood opposite each other, each one standing on a pillar of stone that protruded from the ground. Kita, in stone dragon form, coiled around the pillar, while Shota, in wind phoenix form, flapped above Kyo. He had returned Aya to her doll, bringing out Daisuke in the form of a wolf made of sticks and leaves. On Lina's side, there was Miran, the lightening dog; Loren, the cloud eagle, and Jai, an earth snake.

“Most rune spiritualists will pack earth and wind spirits,” Anna explained. “because those are the two dominant elements.”

“Kita: Attack” Kyo ordered. “Earthquake Assault on Jai!” Kita slammed his tail into the ground, sending an earthquake towards the opposing earth spirit. Jai hissed, and absorbed the attack. She grew larger. “Keep it up!” Kyo ordered.

“What's he doing?” Len asked Anna. “They're the same element; Jai is just going to absorb his attacks!”

“Shota; Blow that cloud over this way!” Kyo said to the phoenix. It nodded, and flapped upwards, and then a strong gale began to blow towards Kyo, moving the rain cloud above him. Water began to pool on the ground.

“Toya: Tidal wave!” Kyo held out a fourth doll, and the water beneath him swirled upwards, forming an enormous tiger. While this was happening, Kita was sending earthquakes towards Jai, who was now over two hundred feet long. Toya charged forwards, the water behind him forming an enormous tsunami. It crashed into Jai, dissolving her. Lina flinched, as the spirit control was broken. “Miran! Static shock!” she shouted. Miran jumped forwards, barking. He landed on Toya, and Kyo's spirit control was also broken. The water sloshed harmlessly onto the ground.

“Aya: Firewave!” Kyo shouted. Aya dashed past him, and rolled into a ball. She landed on Loren, evaporating the cloud instantly. Lina's second spirit control was broken.

“Kylie!” She said, holding out a doll. Behind her, the wind swirled into the shape of a dragonfly. “Gust Blade!”

“Daisuke: Wood Screen!” Kyo countered hurriedly. Kylie's attack hit the wooden wall, and filtered through it. “Forest Assault!” he ordered. Daisuke howled, and pieces of wood scattered on the ground flew up, slamming into Kylie. “Aya: charge her!” The burning fox charged into Kylie, and in a matter of seconds, she had used up the dragonfly's air.

“Cody; Jody!” Lina ordered. It began raining again, creating an enormous eel. Behind it, the sticks had formed a ferret. “Double Assault!” she cried. The two spirits charged forwards, decimating Aya, Daisuke, and Kita. “You only have one doll left.” Lina observed.

“Well I saved the best for last.” Kyo replied. “Yurika!” he held out his final doll.

“There's no metal, though.” Yoh said. “Where's the form going to come from?”

“Indeed.” Lina said. “Spirits of metal are powerful, but I don't see anything for her to manifest in.”

Kyo wagged a finger. “Look down. You'll see why I had Kita create all those earthquakes.” The ground beneath was sparkling. “It's iron ore. Aya's heat was enough to create pure iron from it. So Yurika has a manifest object.”

True to Kyo's word, something was emerging from the iron. An iron mare charged out of the metal, whinnying.

“Yurika: Final take-down charge!” Kyo ordered. “Break her spirit controls.”

“Water and wood can't do anything to metal!” Lina panted. Yurika charged forwards, through Cody and Jody. The eel and the ferret went flying, then broke into thousands of pieces.

“I'd say that I've won, hmm?” Kyo asked. “Now get out of here.”

Zeke clapped. “So, Lina, you weren't powerful enough?”

“I'm sorry, Master.” Lina said, kneeling. Zeke patted her head. “It's alright. You'll just need some more training. Like that queer, Basil.”

The others (Lina excluded) inhaled sharply.

“What did you just call him?” Rex asked, his voice dangerously low. “Did you just call him what I think you called him?”

Zeke smiled openly. “Why yes I did.”

“April! Requiem of the Soul!” Rex shouted, holding out the mirror. April flew out of it, hovering above Zeke. From her wide sleeves, she withdrew a flute, glowing with a white aura, and began to play it. The notes that poured from the flute were sad and melodious, and they were aimed at Zeke. He covered his ears, trying to block out the sound, but they permeated his skull.

“Feels awful, doesn't it?” Rex asked Zeke, jumping over the pillars. “It's a requiem for your soul; as long as April plays, you'll experience all the pain you've caused.” He glared at Zeke, who was still covering his ears, now kneeling. “How does it feel, Zeke? All the pain you've caused over the past thousand years? The pain doesn't come just once every five hundred years, with the tournament. It carries along through the families, as they feel each other's pain. And it grows.”

“You…bastard.” Zeke grunted. “You think that this is going to make me feel some sort of twinge of conscience?”

Rex smiled wryly. “No. But I think that a change of tune might make you regret saying what you just said.” He looked up at his ghost. “April, change to the Requiem of Innocence.” He ordered. April's tune changed, and Zeke let out a scream of pain. Thousands of tiny cuts appeared on his body, shredding his cape.

“Rex, stop.” Basil said quietly. “Don't become like him. Don't take pleasure from someone else's suffering. I don't care that he called me that.”

Reluctantly, Rex held up his arm. “April, you can stop now, darlin'.” April stopped abruptly, and tucked the flute back into her sleeve.

Basil wrapped his arms around Rex. “Thank you for doing that for me.” He said, leaning his head on Rex's shoulder.

“If you'd asked me to, I would have killed him.” Rex whispered, patting Basil's hair.

Zeke stood up, his tattered cape stained with blood. “Aw, isn't that sweet?” he asked sarcastically. Basil glared at him, and an arm reached out of the ground. It grabbed Zeke, and tossed him into a pillar. Hard. The Spirit of Fire appeared, and picked up Zeke, and they flew off.

“Looks like you've recovered nicely.” Rex said, giving Basil a quick kiss. Basil grinned.



Ah, got to love beating the crap out of Zeke. Or Lyserg. Or both *evil happy face*

Man, I hate people who hate other people because of their skin color, or background, or sexual orientation. Hence why I had Rex and Basil do that to Zeke. Since Basil has recovered, he's going to be taking part in the upcoming battles. Him and his totally cool ghost. (Henceforth know as the Spirit of Earth).

Next chapter: Fighting, violence, and if I can write it, comedy. And if Dani wants, there will be Faust glomping on her part.

Also: Lyserg is going to get his @$$ kicked by someone...but who? Really! Who? I want an idea, cause I'm not writing Chapter 11 until I know who Lyserg gets beaten by.

Yes, there are some Shaman King chara I hate with a passion. V^_^

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FaustVIII on December 19, 2004, 5:37:47 AM

FaustVIII on
FaustVIIIhee, i like this chapter for one mail reason:TEH FLUTE! i major in flute/piccalo! ^^, i squeeled when i saw this, now of course i'm going to draw another april! i just love her! ^^, i like the elemental fight also! it was well played out also, a little glomping never hurt anyone...(cept for that one time, poor stephen.....)