Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Accepting a Loss

This is a story I did a while back. I made this story in a little booklet of mine. And I made it to the entire thing (71 pages). I finished it when it was the end of the school year. Comments would be grateful please.^w^

Chapter 2 - Accepting a Loss

Chapter 2 - Accepting a Loss
After the sun had risen up, Natasha went downstairs to her father’s laboratory, saw a great deal of his blood on the floor, walked toward it, kneeled down, took out a bottle of blood from her and her assigned families, put two drops of her blood in the bottle, and three drops of his blood in the bottle. After Natasha got upstairs and got changed, she, soon, heard a knock on her door. Who could that be, she wondered. As she opened her door to see who it was, she saw no one other than Dracula, whom said, “Come, I want to show you something.” Despite her anger for him from last night, she node her head yes and followed him.
Later outside, there was silence between them, but the silence was broken when Natasha said, “I wanted to die for years, Count.” He looked down at her, and she continued, “However, killing me, will be a very difficult task to succeed.” Dracula chuckled inwardly as he looked ahead, smiled, then replied without looking at her, “Don’t wish for death so quickly, I intend for you to be quite useful.”
“I would rather die than to help you, Count!” She retorted, not knowing the consequences that would come her way.
The Count’s smile grew wider, showing his teeth, apparently amused by the girl’s anger, laughed mirthlessly, and replied once again this time looking down at her once more, “Oh, don’t be boring, everyone who says that dies.” As soon as they reached to the burnt down windmill, Dracula walked in front of her, turned around and continued, “Besides, tonight, after the twelfth stroke of midnight and your nightmares begin, you will have no choice but to obey me.” As soon as she was about to ask him about how he knew about the nightmares that she has been having every night at midnight, a fleshless corps that had been thrown by the dwergi came between both Dracula and Natasha.
He looked at the corps, then at her, who had her complete gaze on the corps, and then he implored her before he gazed upon the corps once again, “Look familiar?” As Natasha examined the fleshless corps, she, soon, realized that it was her father’s. “Father?” she implored in awe as she stared at the corps, terrified. Dracula nod his head yes as the smile was still on his face and looked at the sudden remains of her father. Full of rage, she yelled, “No!” And she ran toward him. When he frowned, he dogged her attack, grabbed her arm, twisted it back, and whispered in her ear as he continued to twist her arm back, “He proved useless. But I’m hoping with your powers, flowing through your veins, you will be of greater benefit!”
As soon as he let go of her arm and threw her to the ground, she could not move it. “Why are you doing this to all of us,” she wailed as she gazed at him with anger, sadness, and fear in her tear-stained eyes, “Count, why?”
He noticed her mixed emotions in her eyes and replied, “To sustain my life.”
She gasped and was now furious. “To sustain… your life?” she questioned, “That’s why you killed my parents? And everyone in this village?”
He grinned, “It is a great importance.”
“What are you saying? That you rather the innocent for you own amusement?” she questioned.
His smile stayed and said, “Most likely.”
As soon as she got up, she ran toward him and roared, “You’re out of your mind, Count!!”
Just as Dracula dogged her attack, he punched her stomach and said as soon as she fell to the ground with him circling her, hands behind his back, and looking at her, “Watch that mouth of yours, Natasha. I will not tolerate that kind of behavior. I expected better from you. I apologize of what I did to your parents, I truly am. However, it is like I have said before, I will not tolerate that kind of behavior, even when it is coming from you.” He stopped at the point where he was behind her and as she was getting up, he implored as he was still looking at her with his hands still behind his back and his voice sounding calm, “Do I make myself clear to you, Natasha?”
“Yes, Sir,” was all she could muster to say.
“Good.” He knelt down, “If you wish to kill me one day… foster your hatred in me and despise me… by all means flee, clinging by your wretched life. I will kill you on your 12th birthday. Be grateful that I’m letting you live for two years, Natasha.” He smiled and continued, “However, I doubt that you have enough hatred enough to kill me.”
“I wouldn’t bet on that, Count.” His smile faded and she continued, “I will surpass you. And if you don’t leave this village alone, I will look for you, I will find you…, and I will kill you.”
He chuckled inwardly and responded that made her blood run cold but, at the same time, furious, “Good luck.”
He transformed a hell-beast, and flew off with the dwergi behind him. Natasha, solemnly, looked at the sudden remains of the windmill and wailed as tears started to form in her eyes, “Why? Why would someone so good… have to die?” She looked at her father’s corps and said as a fist formed in her hand, “You lied to me, Father.”
The young doctor appeared, astonished and dismayed from his daughter’s words. As soon as he knelt down, he said to her as he placed his hand on her cheek, “I’m sorry, Natasha. I’m so sorry.”
She shifted her gaze from the corps to her father’s spirit and said, “What’s done is done. There is not point of regretting something that already happened and cannot be changed.”
He, soon, noticed the tears that formed in her hazel eyes had, now, trickled down her cheeks and he wiped them away, causing her to make a faint smile. She looked down at her feet and said, solemnly, as soon as her faint smile faded, “I never wanted any of this to happen.” She looked at her father and continued with a choked up voice, “I don’t want you go.”
He looked his daughter’s sorrow and he reassured her as he held her in his arms, “Shh …It’s okay, it’s alright…I’m here now …Shh…” Once she had calmed down, he, gently, pulled her away, he lifted her chin up and said, “I want you to go upstairs for me, okay, Natasha?”
She nodded, “Okay.”
He smiled, “That’s my girl.” He kissed he forehead and she did what he told her to do. But, suddenly, Natasha ran towards her father embraced her father by his waste, and said, "I love you, Father." He returned the hug, smiled, and said, "I love you, too." and he soon vanished to Heaven. As soon as she got in her room, she saw Kida, her mammodo, peacefully, sleeping in her cat transformation (she has the ability to transform into any animal with and without the spell book) with her paws on top of her spell book which gave Natasha an idea; trying to remove everyone’s sins from this world, especially the evils of Transylvania.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment