Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Deception

This is a story I did a while back. I made this story in a little booklet of mine. And I made it to the entire thing (71 pages). I finished it when it was the end of the school year. Comments would be grateful please.^w^

Chapter 4 - Deception

Chapter 4 - Deception
                Later, as she was unconscious, she was dreamt about a place where there was nothing but darkness. However there were, also, disembodied voices, whispering continuously, “What would you have done? What would you have done? What would you have done…?” The voices grew louder and louder until Natasha roared, “I would have died! I would have died rather than to betray my friends and family!” Suddenly, she woke up in shackles and trying to break free. Startled, she heard a voice, “It’s no use, child.” She stopped and then tried to get a good look at the person. It was an old man with a long, white, dirty beard, brownish-gray clothing, and was trembling. He seemed to be feeble from the condition that he was in. He continued without looking at her, “There’s no use of trying to break free. We might as well die.”
                Natasha was outraged by his words; he spoke like a defeated man!
                “Don’t talk about dying.”
                “What choice do we have?”
                “So we should just give up?”
                He said nothing.
                She calmed down and said, “Please, sir…, look at me.”-He looks at Natasha-“Never give up, never surrender, and, only then, will you achieve your goals. Dying will get you nowhere.”
                “What are you in here for?” He noticed the tears forming in her eyes soon after he said that.
                “I’m different from the others.”
                “Different how,” He asked in uncertainty.
                She looked at him and replied, “I’m a dragon.”
                At first he became skeptical, but as soon as he noticed the serious expression on her face and, soon, understood.
                “You’re not afraid of me?” Natasha implored, confused.
                “No,” He said, honestly.
                Soon, they both smiled at each other until they were both startled by a bang from the cell door. The warden motioned his head to the two guards as a signal to grab Natasha.
                As soon as they were outside, the guards, with the warden behind, walked toward the Valerious family, and the villagers of Transylvania with the prisoner, arm in arm. “Remove her shackles.” Voris Valerious said as he looked at Natasha. So they did just that. He continued as while walking towards her with his hands behind his back, “What are you?”
                “A girl, who possesses three dragon spirits…,” Natasha answered without hesitation. Everyone gasped in awe and then whispered to each other. She continued, “Think of me as you must. You can scold me…and attempt to kill me…But this village is my home…and I’m willing to do anything to protect it…Even if it cost me my life…”
                Anna’s heart raced and her blood ran cold as her words sank in. Suddenly, Natasha sensed Dracula approaching. “You have to let me go. Please,” She said to Voris.
                “Now, why would I do that?”
                “What will it take for you to trust me?”
                Voris walked toward her, knelt down to her level, and smirked, “Nothing.” With that, he grabbed the back of her shirt, and threw her towards Dracula. Once she looked up, she saw him with his arms crossed over his chest, looking down at her as he smiled. “We had a deal, Count,” Voris exclaimed.
                Once Dracula shifted his gaze from Natasha to Voris, he chuckled darkly, “Of course. However,”-Smile fades-“Natasha is the least of my problems. So she’s no use to me.”
                As Natasha stood up, he walked passed her and then towards the paralyzed villagers and Valerious family. “What deal,” she asked in complete uncertainty.
                He stopped in mid-step, chuckled as he turned to face her, “Both the Valerious family and the villagers decided to have you as a sacrifice for this village.”
                Devastated, her eyes widens, speechless to say anything. Suddenly, Dracula vanished and then reappeared behind her, startling everyone.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment