Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Mahjong Tiles

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 6 - Mahjong Tiles

Chapter 6 - Mahjong Tiles
(This chapter is pretty sweet and funny at the end.)

DING!
Shifu gave a yawn and hopped out of bed, his sleep that night wasn't much better then his sleep the night before. Instead of dreaming about is parents..he dreamed of Su Lin.
Will these horrible nightmares ever leave me alone..?
He had been playing with Su Lin, they were in the woods playing a game of tag, Shifu had just tagged her, and Su Lin was about to catch him, when a raspy voice made their blood run cold.
"Tag you're it!"
Su Lin opened her mouth giving a silent scream as Raissou plunged the sharp blade into her back, and it came out her chest. Blood flooded the forest floor and Raissou threw back his head his head giving a loud ugly maniacal laugh.
In reality Shifu tossed and screamed, as tears went down his cheeks. "NO! NO! SU LIIIN!!"
He could feel someone's hand on his head, and he opened his eyes to Oogway's large hand smoothing his fur.
Shifu groaned and fell back on the bed, Are these stupid dreams ever going to stop..?
"Good morning Shifu."
"Ah!" Shifu's eyes went wide as his head shot over to the old tortoise. "Good morning master!" He stepped forward and bowed his head towards his master, but his feet got tangled in the golden blankets and he fell face first, smushing his face in the floor.
"Oh Shifu..! Are you okay?"
"....Fine" Came a muffled embarrassed voice from the floor.
Oogway chuckled. "be careful... Now lets go eat breakfast so we can begin training."
"Okay..." Shifu got off the floor, his eyes squinted shut and his face beet red.
"Alright...now take this stance." Oogway got into a good position, planting his feet firmly on the ground.
Shifu did the same.
"To be a Kung Fu master you need to focus your chi, and you must know how to relax yourself in meditation."
"Oh great...." None the less Shifu focused his mind, power, breathing on what his master was saying.
The lesson continued for two more hours and now Shifu was in the training yard, trying to take Oogway to the ground..but was failing miserably.
"No Shifu, do not turn against me, move with me."
"I can't!" The cub wailed, it's to hard!
"You're right, it is hard but it will help you in the long run. The path to victory is to find your oponent's weakness, and make him suffer for it."
Shifu nodded, he understood now. Master Oogway moved to the right, so did he, the old tortoise moved to the left, and Shifu followed suit. Finally he grabbed the young cub and pulled back. Shifu didn't move forward, but instead threw himself back, both him and his master hit the ground with full force.
"Good job Shifu! You are learning so fast, perhaps even as fast as your parents." Oogway gave his student a wink.
"Now we shall move on to the techni-"
The old tortoise was interrupted by a loud rumbling sound that shook the earth.
Shifu's eyes widened fearfully. "What was that?!"
Oogway slowly got to his feet. "I am....not sure. Thunder I think.
All of a sudden a huge flash of lightning startled both Shifu and Oogway. Followed by a huge clap of thunder, that ripped through the sky and shook the mountain with such force, Shifu fell over.
Oogway gazed up at the sky, concerned. "Come Shifu, we must get inside...hurry..!" he grabbed the cub's hand, ran to the bunkhouse and pulled him through the doors.
Shifu was trembling slightly. "M-master! Why..why is the s-storm so bad?"
Oogway was busy locking the windows, moving from room to room. "We are on a mountain Shifu. Naturally we would get he worst of any storm, especially a hurricane, and the sun burns at high altitudes."
Shifu shook with fear as lightning lit the sky, and most likely blinding all the residents of the Valley Of Peace.
Oogway smiled lightly at the frightened young cub. "Shifu, are you afraid of thunder storms..?"
Shifu shrugged. "N-not usually...but this one is really...really bad!"
"....."
"Master, why have we come to the bunkhouse? It's so far from the training yard! Why didn't we go to the Hall of Heroes?"
"Shifu...we do not know how long this storm will be, some storms I've had lasted all night. Now, I don't know about you..but I certainly would not want to sleep on a cold tile floor all night."
Shifu nodded. "I guess......" He sighed. "I just wish there was something to do here.."
A smile spread across Oogways lips. "Shifu...I'll be right back." The old tortoise got up and left a very confused cub in the other room.
Shifu watched, curious as his master came back to the room carrying a small box. The cub read the title of the box. "Mojong..?
Oogway laughed. "It is pronounced Mahjong dear one..."
Shifu was more puzzled then ever as his master set up a variety of colorful tiles, and set the box on the ground.
"Shifu, have you ever played Mahjong before...?"
"...........No sir..."
Oogway smiled. "Then I shall teach you."
With that Oogway began to introduce all the brightly colored tiles to the young cub.
"See the flowery deigned ones..?
".........Yeeeaah..?"
"The four tiles in the flower group are Plum, Orchid, Chrysanthemum, and bamboo. The four tiles in the seasonal group are Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.
Shifu rolled his eyes. "Naturally I'd know the seasonal ones master..."
Oogway chuckled. "Just making sure.." He stifled a loud laugh at the look on Shifu's face.
Once Oogway had explained the rules him and Shifu began playing. Shifu was amazed at Oogway's gaming skills, it was nearly impossible to beat him. The red panda gave an exasperated sigh. "I give up..."
Oogway chuckled, "I'm craving jiaozi for some reason....do you want some?
Shifu gasped. "YES!"
Oogway laughed. "Alright..I'll be right back." Oogway took a step away from the cub, when all of a sudden the room went pitch black.
Shifu gave a small startled cry. "Oh..! M-masteeerrr...!!"
"It's alright Shifu...I'm right here."
Shifu shook his head, no it wasn't alright, this was how most of his dreams ended, pitch black for a moment, and he'd be completely alone.
"Masterrr..." He moaned, near tears.
"It's alright Shifu, I'm in the kitchen."
Shifu could hear a soft hiss from flames, and then his master came out, carrying a candle stick and some jiaozi. Oogway noticed tears in the young cub's eyes. "Shifu...what is it?"
The red panda wiped his eyes. "Ah..! Well most of my dreams ended in pitch blackness and then I'd be completely alone.
Oogway eyed his sympathetically. "And the power going out reminded you of the dream..?
Shifu nodded sadly. "Yeah..kinda.."
Oogway smiled gently. "Shifu..I will never leave you.."
The red panda fought the urge to hug the old tortoise. He looked down at the mahjong tiles and made a move. "King me."
They both shared a laugh and a snack under the candle light.

(Well what did you think? A little affectionate bonding among Shifu and Oogway, the next chapter will be really sweet!)

Previewwwww!!

Shifu's eyes filled with tears, he gave a small sob.
No...Oh-oh my gosh! She's here! She's here! She she's alive!
She stood there, smiling, also. "Shifu....."
Oogway clutched his hand to his heart, so sweet, they were both going to embrace any moment.
Waterfalls of tears pooled in her eyes. "Oh....oh Shifu, I thought I'd never see you again, I missed you so much! I thought you died! When I heard the news about the forest...I thought I had lost you...forever!
"No...no I'm here my best friend..I'm here.."

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

chaos_kitten8 on September 21, 2008, 8:06:02 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on September 21, 2008, 8:08:24 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinYeah Shifu was REALLY cute when he was a cub!