Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - A Tearful Reunion

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 7 - A Tearful Reunion

Chapter 7 - A Tearful Reunion
( This chapter will have you in tears from the sweetness. it's so cuuuuuuuuuuute!)

The sun kissed the top of the mountain as it rose, it was a beautiful day! So much better then the other night, the storm had been terrible, ripping a few little trees out of the ground by their roots. The sun had dried the moist ground, and it was now dry and lovely, with a little morning dew on the tips of the grass blades.
Shifu stretched, beaming as he hopped out of bed. What a beautiful day! Much better then last night, he couldn't wait to get out in the training yard for another Kung Fu lesson. Shifu scurried down the hall and threw open the doors. He could feel the sun's radiation, as it shone down on the dew covered flowers. It was the perfect temperature too!
I wish you could be here with me to enjoy this beautiful day...ma ma...baba.. He scrubbed away tears from his eyes, and sat on the front steps, thinking... During the past few days in the Jade Palace had been great, he realized how gentle, kind, and understanding his master was, and Shifu was growing to trust the old tortoise and already felt close to him. Still......it was not the same as the life he had back home, and it saddened him.
"Baba....ma ma..."
"Good morning Shifuuuu." Called a cheery voice from the doorway.
Shifu had to smile, his master's cheeriness was contagious. "Good morning Master Oogway..."
"Are you ready to go?"
Shifu was puzzled. "Huh..? Go where Master?"
Oogway chuckled softly. "To the Valley Of Peace!"
"Huh?! You never said anything about going to the Valley!"
Oogway smiled, and nudged Shifu down the steps. "Well I am saying it now...Come! We have things to buy at the Valley."
"O-okay then!" Shifu hopped down to the top of the stairway.
"..............................gulp" The stairs! There were hundreds-no THOUSANDS!
"....Master...? Do we uhh...do we really have to go down all those stairs..?!"
Oogway laughed. "Going down them is easy Shifu! It's going up that's so difficult."
"Great..."
His master was right! The stairs were kind of fun to go down...but he wasn't looking forward in going up them!
Shifu's eyes sparkled, as he took in all the Valley's surroundings, the villagers were hastily running busily about.
Shifu giggled. "They look funny Master Oogway!"
The old tortoise chuckled lightly. "The valley has always been a very busy place..."
Shifu smiled. "So where are we going master?!" His head shot from side to side, bubbling with excitement.
Oogway grinned at his excited pupil. "Well, first Shifu I want you to meet one of my old fiends."
The young cub was puzzled, as his master pulled him along to one of the shops.
"Good Afternoon Mr. Ping."
An old goose had his head underneath the counter, searching for something.
"Good afternoon sir...what can I get for you toda-" The old goose lifted his head up and gasped.
"Land sakes alive!! Master Oogway! Well how have you been old friend?" He stopped and peered over the counter at the small creature beside the old tortoise, holding his hand and looking a little nervous and shy.
"My..aren't you cute!" he exclaimed, poking little Shifu in the belly, who giggled and smiled.
"Where did ya find this little one?"
Oogway chuckled. "In the forest.. his name is Shifu."
Mr. Ping gasped. "Son of Shei Lia and Chi Kohaii?!"
Oogway nodded. "Correct."
The old goose rummaged with a pot, bowl, and chopsticks. He came back holding two bowls of soup with each wing.
"Here you are Master Oogway, this ones on the house." He said, giving a respectful bow.
Oogway was flattered. "My...thank you Mr. Ping"
"No trouble at all! Nice seeing you old friend!"
"You too Mr. Ping!"
Shifu sniffed his steaming bowl skeptically.
Oogway smiled. "Try it, you'll love it."
Shifu gave a loud slurp as he wolfed down the contents on the chopsticks.
The old tortoise laughed, he could practically see the hearts in his student's eyes.
"Ummmmm! It's yummy!!:
Oogway smiled. "I knew you'd like it. He said, as Shifu began inhaling the rest of the bowl.
"Now come here, there's something else I want to get while we're here. Close your eyes Shifu."
Shifu obeyed.
With that, he dragged Shifu to another store.
"Master, where are we..?"
"You will see my student."
He took off a small little burgundy-brown tunic with a gold belt off the hanger, and fastened it onto the young cub. "Open your eyes Shifu."
Shifu flickered his eyelids open, they were as wide as saucers as he admired the beautiful jacket.
"Much better then your tattered green one don't you think?"
Shifu's eyes sparkled. "Oh! Thank you Master Oogway!!"
The old tortoise gave the cub an affectionate ruffle on the head.
"Now there's a few more things I want to get before we leave. Shifu, will you go and get some peppers from the market please? They are right around the corner."
Shifu nodded. "Okay!" He chirped. With that, the cub scurried off.
"Ming Yang hunny!"
"Yes ma ma?"
"Will you go around to the market and get me some fish?"
"Yes ma ma!"
With that a young bunny about the size of cub Shifu wearing a green robe with golden striped sleeves and brown sandals and carrying a paper bag full of oranges, ran around the corner towards the market.
At the same time, little Shifu was also heading towards the market. He ran through a small alley clutching onto his new beautiful jacket tightly.
He and Ming Yang met only an alley separating them
Ming Yang gave a loud gasp, the paper bag slipped out of her arms and the oranges tumbled to the floor.
"Shifu? What is taking so long..?" Oogway walked up to the alley, behind the young cub.
Ming Yang's eyes quivered with disbelief and amazement.
".........Sh...........Sh.................Shifu......?
Shifu's eyes filled with tears, he gave a small sob.
No...Oh-oh my gosh! She's here! She's here! She she's alive!
She stood there, smiling, also. "Shifu....."
Oogway clutched his hand to his heart, so sweet, they were both going to embrace any moment.
Waterfalls of tears pooled in the bunny's eyes. "Oh....oh Shifu, I thought I'd never see you again, I missed you so much! I thought you died! When I heard the news about the forest...I thought I had lost you...forever!
"No...no I'm here my best friend..I'm here.." Shifu whispered, tears going down his cheeks.
Ming Yang gave a loud sob of joy, and Shifu did the same.
"SHIFU!!!"
"MING YANG!!!"
They both ran into each others arms bursting into tears.
"Oh..OH SHIFU!! Waaaaa!"
"M-Ming Yang! WAAAAA!!"
Oogway stood there smiling as the two children embraced, their cries echoing through the alley.

(Sniff! Wasn't that sweet? Rather then sad for once! XD, I was crying while I wrote this)

chap priev! XD

"Nooo!Noo!Nooooooooo! Go away Mingy!!" Shifu yelled angrily as Ming Yang chased him around the Jade Palace. "Leave me alooooooooooooone!!!!"
Oogway watched them, shaking his head and Ying Mi. "are they really best friends..?"
Ying Mi laughed. "Oh yes! They've known each other since they were two. This is how Ming Yang shows her love for Shifu, random hugs, kisses, tickles. You name every affectionate gesture in the book and she's done it!"
Oogway laughed loudly. "I'm surprised Shifu let Ming Yang hug him-let alone hugged back when they met in the alley."
Ying Mi smiled sadly. "Ming Yang loves Shifu, they are very close. She was devastated when she heard about his parents died, and was inconsolable when she thought Shifu had died too." Her eyes sparkled with admiration. "But he didn't....because you saved his life Master Oogway."
Oogway chuckled. "Oh yes...he is a good boy and a wonderful student! It looks like Ming Yang could be too....she has the potential."
Ying Mi hesitated. "actually, that's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about..."

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

chaos_kitten8 on September 22, 2008, 5:13:08 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on September 22, 2008, 5:14:45 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinHaha! Was it cute..? XD

chaos_kitten8 on September 22, 2008, 5:16:32 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on September 22, 2008, 6:00:31 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinXD