Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - The Mid-Atumn Festival

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 9 - The Mid-Atumn Festival

Chapter 9 - The Mid-Atumn Festival
(I don't know very much about the Mi-Autumn festival, if I make a mistake about the tradition then feel free to correct me...)

Oh Master! It-It's beautiful!" Shifu's eyes sparkled as he took in all the beautiful surroundings, with wide curious eyes. The lanterns were amazing, so colorful!
"Now Shifu, Ming Yang...I'm not getting very much here, alright..? But-" The old tortoise winked. "We will have fun!"
The two children gave happy cheers, and slapped five.
"Shifu." Oogway handed the young cub some money. "Will you go and buy us some Tangyuan?"
Shifu clutched the money tightly. "You can count on me!" He took of down the path, and ran up to the Tangyuan shop, but rammed into a red panda's back. "Oh! S-sorry sir!!"
The red panda turned around, and Shifu gave a sharp gasp. "Baba...?!"
"Huh...?!" The red panda was confused.
The young cub threw his arms around the red panda's waist, as tears pooled into his eyes. "Oh, baba!" He warbled. "You're with me again!"
The red panda was concerned and deeply confused. "I don't...I don't understand!" He broke free of the cub's embrace. "Who...are you..?"
Shifu's face fell instantly. "Oh...no..!" The puzzled red panda did indeed reseamble his father. They had the same mustache, same color robe-....but this red panda's eyes were gold...Kohaii's were bright blue. Shifu felt a sudden sadness consume him, tears of sadness instantly welled up in his eyes. "I-I-I'm s-sory sir..!" He murmured. He could hardly get the words out his lips were quivering, and his voice was trembling. Giving a loud sob, the young cub turned and fled. He didn't want to be with anyone, see anyone, hear anyone, he just wanted to go home,.....and not the Jade Palace.
Baba! Ma ma!!
Oogway watched, horrified as Shifu sped past him, into the crowd, tears flying from his face.
Ming Yang's eyes went wide as she perd into the crowd. "Master, was that Shi-"
"Stay here Ming Yang." Oogway said quickly, as he hurried into the crowd. (Like Shifu) he didn't see the old red panda, and bumped into him. "Oh..! My apologies sir, are you al-...?!" The old tortoise's eyes grew wide.
Kohai?!!!
"Oh my goodness..!! Master Oogway?! It is an honor!" he bowed quickly.
Oogway awkwardly returned the bow. "H-hello sir.." He forced a smile.
Oh my gosh...Kohaii?!! No...no wait, his eyes are gold. My goodness, I almost mistook him for my deceased student!
Oogway's smile faded and his eyes grew wide.
Oh no! It suddenly dawned on him. Oh Shifu..! The poor child... The old tortoise hesitated. "Umm I need to go..." He quickly hurried off.
The red panda just stood there, very confused.
What is with everyone today...? Is it my robe? My fur..? Do I smell?
He sniffed himself, shrugged and walked off.
Meanwhile, Oogway had found Shifu in the old alley and was knelt down trying to comfort him as best as he could. "Now,now Shifu....shhhhhhh don't cry." The old tortoise smoothed the young cubs fur trying to calm him down. Shifu had developed the hiccups from uncontrolable crying, and just sort of sat there sobbing.
Oogway didn't seem to be succeeding in soothing the cub.
"...Master?" Came a timid voice from the enterance to the alley.
Oogway turned towards the young bunny. "Ming Yang..!" He said crossly. "I told you to stay put."
Will she ever listen?
"I got worried..." Ming Yang hurried up to her friend and peered over at him. "Shifi..you okay...?"
Shifu's sobs had quieted some, and he was now hiccuping and sniffling.
Oogway lifted up his student's head. "Chin up, don't cry. We're here to have some fun, remember..?"
Shifu sobbed. "I-I-I just want to go home.."
Oogway smiled encouragingly at him. "If you leave now, you'll miss out on all the fun. We'll be eating mooncakes later too."
Ming Yang was trying to sound cheery. "And-and we'll be hanging our lanterns!
"....."
Ming Yang's eyes filled quickly. "Don't leave me here by myself! I don't want to be here by myself! I want to be with you!"
Shifu lifted his head. At the sight of tears in his best friend's eyes his own tears stopped imidiately, and he threw his arms around her. "Do not cry Ming Yang, I'll stay."
Oogway gave a relieved sigh. Thank goodness..... He smiled. "Then we better get to it, before there's to much of a line up for everything." He pulled the children up, and stepped out of the alley.
Shifu and Ming Yang held hands, thir eyes sparkling as they gazed at the beautiful surroundings.
The old tortoise looked down at them. "So where do you want to go first..?"
"MOONCAKES!"
"YOUZI!"
Shifu and Ming Yang glared at one another.
"Mooncakes!"
"Youzi!"
"MOONCAKES!!!!"
"YOUZI!!!"
"MOOOOOOOOOOONCAAAKKEESS!!!!!!!!"
"YOOOOOOUUUUUZZZZIIIIIII!!!!!!!!"
"Alright...!" Oogway sighed and rubbed his temples. "We will go to dragon dancing first.
Shifu and Ming Yang's eyes sparkled as they observed all the dancer's graceful moves.
"I want to learn to dance like that!" Ming Yang said squealing girlishly.
The old tortoise moaned. "Do not tell me I have to teach you to dragon dance too Ming Yang." He said teasingly.
Shifu laughed. "That would be nice..."
Oogway gave him a fond poke on the nose. "Do not count on it Shifu..."
"Bet I can eat more mooncakes then you Shifu!" Ming Yang challenged.
"Oh really? Want to bet..?"
Oogway gave a small moan. "No, no bets. .....?"
The dragon dance had ended, and now the children waitied in their seats, eager to shovel down their desserts.
Shifu and Ming Yang completely ignored the old tortoise, and began shoveling in their desserts.
Shifu wolved down nine cakes and sat back with a satisfied smile.
Oogway gave an exasperated sigh. "Shifu....what did I say..?"
Ming Yang shook with anger as she hurled her mooncake at the cub. He ducked quickly.
SPLAT!
Oogway just stood there with closed eyes giving a long sigh, bits and pieces of cake dripping off his face. Whether the closed eyes were because he was trying to control his temper or because he was exhausted, the children couldn't tell.
Shifu glared at Ming Yang. "Look what you did!! Master Oogway is going to-" He was cut off as he felt something sticky dripping down the back of his head. He turned to see the old tortoise stiffling his laughter as he held a mooncake in his hand, smirking.
Oogway finally burst out laughing. "I-If you can not laugh at yourself once in a while hehehe you'll never have a happy life. Hahahaha-"
Shifu smushed his mooncake in Oogway's face.
Oogway gave a venomous chuckle and tossed a handful of mooncakes at the cub's head.
"MOONCAKE FIGHT!" The store owner shouted. at that mooncakes flew everywhere, drenching everyone in sticky delicious icing.
Oogway gave a shout as a mooncake gave flying straight for his head.
"Come on..! He urged, "hurry...please..!"
Oogway and Shifu were walking up the Palace steps laughing. They had taken Ming Yang home, and were now returning to the Jade Palace wipping mooncake off their face.
The old tortoise chuckled slightly. "I think we started a new tradition here in the Mid-Autumn festival..."
Shifu giggled. "Yeah, the Mooncake food fight!"
Oogway laughed. "You're right...maybe every year we'll have it."
Shifu giggled. "Maybe on the festival comming up we'll have a mooncake fight then too!"
They both grinned and made their way towards the lantern lit Jade Palace.

(So what did you think of this one? The next one will be SUPER sweet! Valentines Day!! It'll have a super sweet family love moment between Oogway and Shifu and Ming Yang and Shifu.

Chapter Preview!

"Argggghhh..!!!" Shifu gave a moan and collapsed onto his back. What should I get him....? I-I really, really care for Master Oogway.....he means so much to me, but what am I supposed to get him..? I know what to get Ming Yang, I can easily get her chocolates or something. But, master Oogway I........errrrrrrr, UGHHHHHHHH!!!! WHAT DO YOU GET THE FOUNDER OF KUNG FU....?!!!!!! WHAAAAAAAT?!!! Then he gasped. I've got it!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment