Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Valentines Day

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 10 - Valentines Day

Chapter 10 - Valentines Day
(This a very sweet chapter, that will have your heart exploding everywhere from kawaiiness! Also this is a little far into the story, Shifu has been at the Jade Palace for about half a year now. Do not remember if they celebrate Valentines Day in China, been so looooong...-__-)

"Ahhhhh.....what a beautiful day, beautiful, beautiful day!" Shifu said cheerfully, as he inhaled the aroma of a peach blossom from the Peach Tree Of Heavenly Wisdom.
Oogway gave a deep peaceful sigh, as he leaned back on the tree trunk. "Mmmm, isn't it..?"
Shifu smiled, he had been living in the Jade Palace for quite, a while. It was nearing the world's favorite holiday: Valentines Day! The cub was quite excited. On Valentines Day was when it seemed like the whole world stopped fighting, on this joyous occasion.
If only that were true. He thought sadly. The wars would not stop, not even on Valentines Day.
"I wish the wars would stop on such a love filled day..." He murmured.
Oogway smiled knowledgeably at his student. "My pupil, if the universe did not have it's conflicts then there would not be happy endings either."
Shifu shrugged. "That's true.."
"SHIFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!" Came a squealy girl's voice.
The red panda face palmed. "Oh no..."
POUNCE!
Ming Yang cuddled him affectionately. "Shifuuu...heehee.."
Shifu rolled his eyes and slipped out of her embrace. "Hi Ming Yang..." He muttered unenthusiastically.
"Do you want to come to the Valley with me?" The bunny squeaked.
"Uhhhh..." Shifu sent his master a look. "Err, no I can't....I errr....need to train some more.."
"Aww.." Pouted the bunny.
Oogway looked thoughtful for a moment. "No...you can go Shifu." He said with a smile. "The valley will be beautiful, decorated with hearts. It will be fun..."
Shifu sent his master a pleading look. "B-but masterrr...my lessons..?" He whined hopefully.
The old tortoise chuckled. "We're done lessons for today Shifu."
Ming Yang cheered. "That's great!" With that she dragged a whimpering Shifu down the Palace's thousands of steps.
"So what are we doing here anyway..?" Shifu asked, as they made their way towards some of the beautifully heart decorated shops.
Ming Yang smiled. "I want to get a present for ma ma!"
"Oh! That's why you dragged me down here with you..?" He asked irritatedly.
Ming Yang frowned. "You're my best friend, I wanted your opinion! Should I get mom this kimono..?"
Shifu was hardly listening. That's right! It's Valentines Day..what should I get for Master Oogway..? What would he like? Something to do with Kung Fu! But what...?
"SHIFU!!"
"Huh-?! Wha..?"
"You weren't even listening to me!!" Ming Yang yelled angrily.
Shifu hesitated. "Oh right, uhh.....go with the blue one!" With that he hurried off. The red panda sat on a hill, in a bunch of lillies. "Argggghhh..!!!" Shifu gave a moan and collapsed onto his back. What should I get him....? I-I really, really care for Master Oogway.....he means so much to me, but what am I supposed to get him..? I know what to get Ming Yang, I can easily get her chocolates or something. But, master Oogway I........errrrrrrr, UGHHHHHHHH!!!! WHAT DO YOU GET THE FOUNDER OF KUNG FU....?!!!!!! WHAAAAAAAT?!!! Then he gasped. I've got it! With that he hurried up to the Jade Palace.
Oogway opened his eyes from his meditation state. "Shifu, where are you going...?
"Got to run Master Oogway!!" With that he zipped down the steps lightning fast.
The old tortoise peered over the mountain, Shifu looked like an ant, tightly clutching onto a tiny wallet as he rushed off into the valley. Oogway shook his head, smiled and returned to his meditation state.
Out of breath, the young cub ran over to the shop he previously saw days before. S-sir...how..pant...how much yuan is it, to buy a fan..?"
The store owner peered over the counter at the young cub. "It's 20 yuan.."
Shifu felt like he was going to cry. "I-I...could you give me a discount..?" He asked meekly.
The store owner shook his head. "No.. But I can give you a job for a couple hours."
"YES!! What's the job..?!"
The red panda groaned. "This is sooooo humiliating..." He moaned. He was dressed as a giant heart, trying to lure people into the store.
A young piglet snickered and stuck her tongue out at him as she ran by.
Shifu felt himself starting to fume. Little brat!!
An old bunny looked down awkwardly at him. "So...uhhh, what are you supposed to be..?"
"..........A heart..."
".......Do you uhhhh....want me to come in?
"........Why else would I be in a stupid heart suit..?!" He snapped.
The costumer hurried inside.
The store owner came out, shaking his head at the young cub. "Kid, you have to be polite to the customers!"
"Why do I have to be a giant heart?! Why can't I clean the store or something..?"
The Rabbit shook his head. "It doesn't matter, here's your yuan, you're fired.."
"WHOOPIE!" The young cub hurried over towards the counter. His eyes sparkled as he spotted a beautiful fan, it was burgundy, with peach blossoms covering it, and in the corner, the Chinese kanji for "BELIEVE". "Wow..." He gasped. "I'll take it!!" He passed the store owner his yuan.
"Hey..! I have enough left to get Ming Yang some chocolates!" With that he happily pranced towards the sweet shop.
"Ming Yang! Come out!" It was the day of Valentines Day, and the young cub was eagerly awaiting Ming Yang and her mom to stop hugging so he could give her his present.
"Yes Shifu?" Ming Yang asked cheerfully. "My mom loved the kimono! Thanks for helping me pick-"
Shifu held out her chocolates. "Happy Valentines Day Mingy!"
Ming Yang gasped, her eyes filled with tears. "...I LOVE YOU! MY BEST FRIEND EVEEERRRR!!!" With that she pounced on him, and kissed his cheek.
The red panda's face was slammed by a hard blush. "humuna...humuna..y-you're welcome!"
Shifu smiled. "Master Oogway! Master Oogway!!" He had just come up to the sacred peach tree, and was ready to give his master his present.
The old tortoise turned and smiled. "Yes Shifu...?"
Shifu's eyes sparkled. "I got you something master!" With that he held out the wrapped up fan.
Oogway unwrapped it in a swift clean motion. "Oh....Shifu......"
The red panda was worried. "Whats wrong?! D-don't you like it?"
Oogway's eyes shone, and looked slightly moist. "I love it...thank you..." He reached behind his back and pulled out a small package. "Here is your present..."
Stunned, Shifu took the package and unwraped it. "Haaaaa-!!! IT's so cute!" It was a small plush polar bear, wearing a small maroon tunic. "Kung Fu Polar BEAR!!!"
Oogway laughed lightly. "Glad you like it.."
Shifu caressed the toys fake fur. "I'm going to call him Pong! Thank you master!! He bent down his head giving a deep long bow.
Oogway leaned over and gently placed a kiss on the cub's furry head.
Shifu slowly raised his head, eyes wide in shock and his face was red. "...?!"
The old tortoise smiled. "I thought we might go out to eat tonight, what do you think?"
Shifu beamed. "YEAH!" He quickly fell into step behind his master, as they walked towards the valley.

(What did you think? Cute moment between Shifu and Oogway huh? XD)

PREVIEWWWW!!

"Shifu you're getting better and better each day." Oogway beamed. "I couldn't be more proud of you!"
"Heehee..."
They both enter'ed the palace chatting joyfully over the young cub's acopmplishments.
Just then Oogway's smile faded, he looked around the palace worriedly.
"..Master" Shifu asked concerned.
In a split second the old tortoise jumped, pushing Shifu roughly to the ground, Shifu flew, and hit the wall. As Oogway crumpled to the floor.
Shifu's eyes widened in horror as he spotted a large arrow sticking out of the old master's back. He wasn't moving.
"MASTER OOGWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment